Nissan Z vs Toyota Supra

Which one gets your vote?

• Total voters

RenRed2

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 BMW M240i / 23 BMW M2
For all the hype, it seems that the new Z just really isn't all that competitive. I would have liked to see them compare the Z with the GR86.
Look at the construct behind its execution. Max 370Z carryover. New sheetmetal. Tired engine that is not that impressive lol. Its the mid level sportscar formula or you pair up like Toyota did smartly. Its a few quid more but the results speak for themselves. Nissan is broke - the Z was hype to keep it relevant as a company.

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
AND they had to upgrade the crappy Z pads to a nismo pad just to be even with the stock Zupra pads- which in stock form fade pretty bad when pushed.

Last edited:

gixxersixxerman

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Is this on the z page yet
Yes, yes it is and the second reply to it

" The Z's softer suspension gets noticed more with stickier rubber, a set of coilovers is definitely needed. Brakes also need help, not sure how much more can be done w the Akebonos, but Brembos or Stoptechs will cure that. But that fuel cutoff at half tank is way disappointing and might be the game changer for me. As a street car though, the Z is the best here. Good analysis."

hahahaha

but but suspension... but but brakes..

Like most i dont care about manufactures or whatever, i like to poke fun since sooooo many of the N fanbois were out there with the whole Zupra killer crap. For the ones that are just enthusiasts and not out there bashing other cars, i hope they enjoy the new car they have been waiting for, for a while. Im sure they will love the Z.

Stvee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium MT, 2007 4Runner

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra

" The Z's softer suspension gets noticed more with stickier rubber, a set of coilovers is definitely needed. Brakes also need help, not sure how much more can be done w the Akebonos, but Brembos or Stoptechs will cure that. But that fuel cutoff at half tank is way disappointing and might be the game changer for me. As a street car though, the Z is the best here. Good analysis."

hahahaha

Like most i dont care about manufactures or whatever, i like to poke fun since sooooo many of the N fanbois were out there with the whole Zupra killer crap. For the ones that are just enthusiasts and not out there bashing other cars, i hope they enjoy the new car they have been waiting for, for a while. Im sure they will love the Z.
I was looking at the “well the z will be more livable yada yada

Supraboi7

First Name
Johnny Boi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra

hahahaha

6B81133D-9A60-4861-8A68-272869B4F90A.png
Yup like i said here exactly lol

RenRed2

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 BMW M240i / 23 BMW M2
Supra values just increased LOL. Z is nice to see a new sportscar. The hype is dead though. Period.

All that matters is owner driving experience. No matter though if a Z comes across even a stock Supra its game over most likely. The numbers and capability for a stock Supra are utterly impressive.

SoDakMk5

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
At the end of the day the Z just can’t compete and it was played up to be a competitor. If u have to add pads, brake fluid, and tires to even compete and still having fuel cutoff issues Is it really meant to compete. It will be a fun car for someone but not me. But what can u expect with 95% recycled parts bin parts they would have done better putting a retired Mitsubishi engine to put in it. And add the crazy dealer ADM’s. Their group is going crazy right now 20-50k markups

gixxersixxerman

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Most people here already knew the result. The Z bois were really really grasping.

Prepare for the "but but but the Nismo version" excuses
They've already started with that

" lol what a convenient bs to say. nissan has one of the richest performance history with nismo. gtr was beating sht out of bmw when it was released, in both accel and price. i also would be happy to see what you ll say if/when nismo version will be more powerful than 397bhp and around supra price "

I finally finished their video. I'm not really a SG fan, to me Mark always has these biased opinions that others don't really agree with or feel the same. When you are an auto blogger/reviewer you are supposed to be as unbiased as possible. I get it, you truly never can be but just like in here he once again speaks about his loathing of BMW handling. most of the things he stated on the track portion the actual race car driver didn't agree on. (both did agree that the Z had the more old school sports car handling feel) If I wanted a "old school" feeling car, I'd go buy a old school sports car and save the money. I know there are people that want that, and the Z will fit that. I think many people love the way BMW cars handle. I also not sure why they had no issue with adding brake pads and fluid to the Z, but didn't want to add a alignment to the Supra. I know as many on here do as well, the Supra handles soooo much better once you get a proper alignment.
Sponsored