Nissan Z vs Toyota Supra

Which one gets your vote?

• Total voters

AJRMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Manual Supra
IF a new nismo version of the Z is released, do you guys think Toyota will reply with a GRMN model? At this point, I wonder if a nismo version will even outperform a 3.0 model lol
A more appropriate reply would be a MKIV supra with a bodykit and a "2024" in the marketing docs.

The personification of the "latest" Nissan Z:

oldman2.jpg

John8

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Nitro, FJ Cruiser 2012
Torque drops off at 5k. Basically the turbos are completely tapped at that point.
So a larger turbo is needed. Or better tuning to work with the turbos that are being used?

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Why? I would like to understand what doesn't look good.
Torque drops off at 4.5k. Basically the turbos are completely tapped at that point.
Exactly this. Turbos are dead at 4500. I understand this is the "first tuned Z" so it is worth something, but the way the HP and Torque just peace the fuck out at 4500 means new turbos are going to be required nearly instantly. Ethanol will bump the curves up but the curve will look the same.

Tsuki

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 A91-CF
Exactly this. Turbos are dead at 4500. I understand this is the "first tuned Z" so it is worth something, but the way the HP and Torque just peace the fuck out at 4500 means new turbos are going to be required nearly instantly. Ethanol will bump the curves up but the curve will look the same.
On the flip-side, if you're not going for numbers, this graph looks like a car that would feel excellent on the street. That torque turns into a table at 2500RPM, and while it drops off quick, that's some serious response.

Of course, the Supra manages this with more headroom up top, somehow, but it's going to be utterly insane compared to the 370Z/WRX/STI/Camry/F-150/bicycle/large goat most of these buyers are going to be coming from.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
On the flip-side, if you're not going for numbers, this graph looks like a car that would feel excellent on the street. That torque turns into a table at 2500RPM, and while it drops off quick, that's some serious response.

Of course, the Supra manages this with more headroom up top, somehow, but it's going to be utterly insane compared to the 370Z/WRX/STI/Camry/F-150/bicycle/large goat most of these buyers are going to be coming from.
That low end torque is going to put a lot of these cars into curbs/walls, as well. Especially given the drivers previous goat.

John8

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
That low end torque is going to put a lot of these cars into curbs/walls, as well. Especially given the drivers previous goat.
Interesting. I can understand how this will happen.

Tsuki

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 A91-CF
Zero chance of that. If people couldn't handle all of that low-end torque, we'd be seeing Mustangs crashing while leaving Cars & Coffee all the time! :dunno:

Yeah, I guess the 'lowest common denominator' always applies. I wonder if the ricer crowd is going to be buying the base model and welding the rear diff like it's a 30-year-old 240sx!

PikkaGTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Zupra
Zero chance of that. If people couldn't handle all of that low-end torque, we'd be seeing Mustangs crashing while leaving Cars & Coffee all the time! :dunno:

Yeah, I guess the 'lowest common denominator' always applies. I wonder if the ricer crowd is going to be buying the base model and welding the rear diff like it's a 30-year-old 240sx!
I find cars and women are quite similar in this way: The cheapest ones are the ones you tend to pay the most for

John8

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I find cars and women are quite similar in this way: The cheapest ones are the ones you tend to pay the most for
And by that, I would assume that stupid males cause the most issues.

PikkaGTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Zupra
And by that, I would assume that stupid males cause the most issues.
That's fair
But I would substitute stupid with hormonal
Youth and hormones are a bad mix
Trips to hospitals always starts with hold my beer or watch this

John8

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
That's fair
But I would substitute stupid with hormonal
Youth and hormones are a bad mix
Trips to hospitals always starts with hold my beer or watch this
Having been an ICU/ER/medivac nurse, and worked in industry, I would just say male. :^) Many smart males and many stupid that never grow out of adolescence both in mannerisms and thought process.

I realize that many here, that have or are buying Supras are younger. I am not, at least not chronologically.

PikkaGTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Zupra
Having been an ICU/ER/medivac nurse, and worked in industry, I would just say male. :^) Many smart males and many stupid that never grow out of adolescence both in mannerisms and thought process.

I realize that many here, that have or are buying Supras are younger. I am not, at least not chronologically.
Well on a biological spectrum, there are more stupid males than females
On the flip side there are also more genius and high intellectual males than females
Females generally fall in the middle
It would make sense the stupid males tend to hurt themselves more often
To be fair , males also work in far more dangerous professions than females , you'd see more of workplace injuries involving males as well

John8

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Well on a biological spectrum, there are more stupid males than females
On the flip side there are also more genius and high intellectual males than females
Females generally fall in the middle
It would make sense the stupid males tend to hurt themselves more often
To be fair , males also work in far more dangerous professions than females , you'd see more of workplace injuries involving males as well
Having worked and lived in various areas around the world from China, South America, Pacific Islands, many women work I the same types of professions, unless oppressed, and from that, I would say males are the higher risk takers and it isn't the lack of females in dangerous occupations.

And with regards to being a genius, it is more of opportunity and the lack of, that has held back many women and even some who were a "genius" recognition of that, often is not forthcoming.
Sponsored