• Total voters

gixxersixxerman

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Yup, i lost respect and credibility for the other fellow who was riding the Z's nuts hard. Like i get it, being in denial is a thing, but drop the pride cause your co-presenter and the test driver both clearly showed you which car was superior.. never really liked SG as automotive journalist since that one guy is so hell bent in the Supra being a BMW, but hey, if it's bringing him money and food for the table, do your thing. 🤷🏽‍♂️
Thier production quality is fantastic, BUT ive never ever cared for them, even before the Supra stuff. Mark has always just... you can tell his bias during any of his reviews. this is by far the first time that the car he is in for sure falls behind what every they are comparing it, but some how he comes up with the excuses on why its "better"

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
SG is not a journalist. He's a YouTuber. He's not expected/required to be impartial. 😁
I do appreciate how someone is willing to show data that's conflicting with his opinion as he's giving it. That takes guts. People these days hate being proven wrong.

Hug

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Supra 3.0 Premium
Another amazing video from Mark & Jack - these guys are the crème de la crème of automotive videos imo.

I'm not sure where the bias talk that you guys are hounding on about. I thought they were very even keel and covered all the bases - dyno stock numbers, aftermarket support, track times and even made tires a non-factor.

I don't think many people here have driven a Z yet, so it's silly to say 'oh they're wrong about XYZ' when you have no point of reference. Largely whether you like a car (or not) is subjective. Anyone who has driven a Miata or LC500 knows that the numbers sheet doesn't tell the whole story.

What is not subjective is the numbers they published:

Objectively more power? Supra.
Objectively faster round a track? Supra.
Objectively better engineered with more overhead? Supra.
Subjective styling, interior & handling preferences? Up to the individual.

I'm just thankful we have people out here who publish real data like this, rather than having to rely on a Motortrend/Car & Driver who put out review scores & opinions based on how much $$$ exchanges hands. :)

BraveDemon

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra; 19 TTRS; 19 Velar P380 HSE; 15 GLA45 AMG
^ nah man, if you go back and watch his other videos of the Supra, its clear that he isn't a big fan. There are little digs here and there in this vid too: (a) "oh listen to that loud fake engine noise", something he's harped on since the Supra's release, and something the Z has too btw - which is easily disabled; (b) the trunk has more space but is less usable cause of the shape - insert awkward vid of trying to push the suitcase in the long way, as opposed to you know, loading in the thin part first; (c) the back end is squirrley - yeah, just like the old BMW M cars that enthusiasts claim were absolutely a blast compared to the heavy M3/M4s of today.

I like Jack and Mark and I regularly watch their vids since I really enjoy their technical analysis when they get the car on a lift, but its annoying watching guys you generally like talk the same shit about your car.

The Z is fine for what it is but $ for $, pound for pound, the Supra is better. If I can find a Z without ridiculous markups, I will get one to sit along side the Supra.

gixxersixxerman

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I'm not sure where the bias talk that you guys are hounding on about. I thought they were very even keel and covered all the bases
23:33 in the video. his gripe he always has about the Supra. He literally says "that BMW shit that i loath" I just see it as biased, most of his gripes are opposite of his cohost and the test driver. That said people like different things. I loved Top Gear, i HATED the grand tour. I think Throttle House shits all over SG.. different strokes

saik

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 3.0 Premium Tungsten
Another amazing video from Mark & Jack - these guys are the crème de la crème of automotive videos imo.

I'm not sure where the bias talk that you guys are hounding on about. I thought they were very even keel and covered all the bases - dyno stock numbers, aftermarket support, track times and even made tires a non-factor.

I don't think many people here have driven a Z yet, so it's silly to say 'oh they're wrong about XYZ' when you have no point of reference. Largely whether you like a car (or not) is subjective. Anyone who has driven a Miata or LC500 knows that the numbers sheet doesn't tell the whole story.

What is not subjective is the numbers they published:

Objectively more power? Supra.
Objectively faster round a track? Supra.
Objectively better engineered with more overhead? Supra.
Subjective styling, interior & handling preferences? Up to the individual.

I'm just thankful we have people out here who publish real data like this, rather than having to rely on a Motortrend/Car & Driver who put out review scores & opinions based on how much $$$ exchanges hands. :)
The fact they went as far as changing out brake pads and fluid on the Z and not on the Supra is questionable. These aren't out of the box comparisons. Though I did also appreciate they at least used the same tires. But come on, you can see the BMW hate just pulsing through Mark's veins. And yet again complaining about the wind buffeting which is like a $30-60 fix.

Yet to make the Z even remotely close to the Supra you would need $5K in suspension, brakes and tires, but wind buffeting is a deal breaker!

gixxersixxerman

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
(b) the trunk has more space but is less usable cause of the shape - insert awkward vid of trying to push the suitcase in the long way, as opposed to you know, loading in the thin part first;

That was another thing that was irritating. Just like those stupid info commercials with the worlds dumbest people trying to show how difficult something is. Showing how easy it is to put the case in the Z is fine. putting the case in the Supra longways instead of sideways is how it shouldve been done. But it is another one of those little jabs and bias they try and show. it would've fit, they could've said because of the shape of the trunk, it won't hold things as easy if they are wider.

RenRed2

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 BMW M240i / 23 BMW M2
k
The fact they went as far as changing out brake pads and fluid on the Z and not on the Supra is questionable. These aren't out of the box comparisons. Though I did also appreciate they at least used the same tires. But come on, you can see the BMW hate just pulsing through Mark's veins. And yet again complaining about the wind buffeting which is like a $30-60 fix.

Yet to make the Z even remotely close to the Supra you would need $5K in suspension, brakes and tires, but wind buffeting is a deal breaker!
No one has built a Z to compete with a Supra. Frankly with an auto you need a new and better gearbox. 5k..........really.............we have no idea but im thinking double that.

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra

Well the wind buffeting is an issue. We can't complain about other forums making excuses like "it's an easy fix with blah blah" if we're gonna do the same.
If you buy a Supra, you're dealing with that problem.

RenRed2

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 BMW M240i / 23 BMW M2
23:33 in the video. his gripe he always has about the Supra. He literally says "that BMW shit that i loath" I just see it as biased, most of his gripes are opposite of his cohost and the test driver. That said people like different things. I loved Top Gear, i HATED the grand tour. I think Throttle House shits all over SG.. different strokes
He just hates his preferred car is easily defeated and is far less than what he wanted. So he doesnt like the Supra lol. Stop fkn testing it and move on. The definitive difference in quality, power and performance are known and have been known for a couple months now. I rarely watch Youtube shill trash anymore. Its not about information its about advertising and payout. Its lost alot of quality it should have. The motoring press is not much better either.
Sponsored