OEM Audio+ High Resolution Audio Amp and Subwoofer

jreinlie4

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
If they ever have a sale or lowered the price I would pull the trigger instantly. Called them up to inquire etc but just couldn't pull the trigger for $2500. You can literally have a custom job done at this price point with way more thump power. I dunno. I want it because it does look clean and offers a unique solution to better sound but not for $2500 bucks. Might as well hang on to the $2500 and put it toward a pure 800.
My thoughts exactly.
Sponsored

Moorman

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
photos.app.goo.gl
Car(s)
2020 Supra (RIP); 2021 Tesla Model 3 Long Range
Would one of you guys be able to do a simple RTA and FFT of the sound. You can download a free app called Mobile Tools and use your phones mic and via bluetooth from the app play pink noise at high but safe volume.

Bonus points to someone with an external mic and pink noise playing through USB.

Be sure to post results from drivers listening position and center of vehicle.
Once mine arrives I'll get in with before/after samples. Already have the app & external mic from previous setups. Just ordered last week though, plus who knows how long my wait will continue to be on a front bumper, so it may be a while yet.

cvondra

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2021 BMW X6 M50i
So it seems like everyone so far that has gotten it says it’s worth it and way better than the port modified stock system. Is it possible to quantify how it sounds better/different for those on the Internet? Since I’m in socal, I’m trying to call them to see if I can hear it for myself before ordering
Hit up Daniel from OEM he'll take care of you.

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
Once mine arrives I'll get in with before/after samples. Already have the app & external mic from previous setups. Just ordered last week though, plus who knows how long my wait will continue to be on a front bumper, so it may be a while yet.
You are my hero! I can't wait (although I will since it seems like it will be awhile). ;)

METAL

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium (Tungsten Silver)
I asked OEM+ if they could share what filter type, crossover, and slopes were used and they replied this.

"Thank you for your message and interest in our designs. Unfortunately and with all due respect we cannot share that information with you. What I can say to you is this our head engineer is an old-school “home audio guy”. So, our full process is very esoteric. I hope this helps."

I'm guessing they went with shallow slopes and possibly butterworth filters. To give an example a SQ build uses steeper slopes and Linkwits-Riley filters.

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
I asked OEM+ if they could share what filter type, crossover, and slopes were used and they replied this.

"Thank you for your message and interest in our designs. Unfortunately and with all due respect we cannot share that information with you. What I can say to you is this our head engineer is an old-school “home audio guy”. So, our full process is very esoteric. I hope this helps."

I'm guessing they went with shallow slopes and possibly butterworth filters. To give an example a SQ build uses steeper slopes and Linkwits-Riley filters.
While I'm not surprised, I am a bit disappointed with that response. I don't understand why in the modern age there's still (especially in audio) such a commitment to mysticism. "Old school home audio guys" tend to believe in magic rocks, kilobuck cords & wire, and other nonsense as well.

However, I get that if there was enough disclosure of details... then it would be easier to roll your own for less. It does make sense to protect some things as a business... just don't call it "esoteric" - it's not. :rolleyes:

Munkeeboi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tesla S 100D, 2023 Volvo XC90 Recharge
any new rattles/vibrations with the system? Usually, new installs include an abundance of extra sound dampening. Just wondering about the effects of the audio tuning/rear sub with the stock insulation

wfujay

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Launch Edition #1455
any new rattles/vibrations with the system? Usually, new installs include an abundance of extra sound dampening. Just wondering about the effects of the audio tuning/rear sub with the stock insulation
None whatsoever for me. In fact there's less rattles than before. I intentionally installed this system with zero sound dampening so I can A/B the results. I'll take it and have a shop fully sound deaden the doors/trunk etc. in a week or two to compare. I don't think any of the stock woofer area needs to be deadened at all now since they are removed altogether and I hear no resonance or rattles from that area at all anymore. Daniel at OEM said they tune the rattles out and I was skeptical about that claim to begin with, but they actually seem to have done just that.

Jammon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, BRZ, MGB, Triumph TR3, AH 100-4,
So it seems like everyone so far that has gotten it says it’s worth it and way better than the port modified stock system. Is it possible to quantify how it sounds better/different for those on the Internet? Since I’m in socal, I’m trying to call them to see if I can hear it for myself before ordering
I order the OEM Audio + and have install system (very easy) and the sound sub-woofer is great. Plus the tune is great and would recommend system. But before I order system I took car to local audio stores and the pricing range for an upgrade stereo ranged between 4,000 to 5,000 dollars. Buy it, you won't be unhappy.

Jammon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NO! None what so ever...

Jammon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

I have spoken with OEM “home audio guy”. First, he is a great guy and is very well versed in car audio. The system has a great setup--great bass.

jgardner150

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium

Moorman

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
photos.app.goo.gl
Car(s)
2020 Supra (RIP); 2021 Tesla Model 3 Long Range
I finally received mine and hoping it's an anomalous unit as I can't echo other's good reports. For me, the rear speakers are FAR too loud and staging is a major disappointment. What hit me first off is just how much it sounds like center is in the middle of the driver's door; the speaker behind my left shoulder is so obvious now. Also no longer able to fade F/R, that control no longer works, and it appears that some of the EQ sliders have no effect (both audibly and watching RTA). I'll be giving them a call first thing Monday.

Did anyone else's come with a USB cable attached to the amp? Any idea what this is for? Not mentioned in the install vid or anywhere else I can find.

Here are my before/after RTA using pink noise from AudioTools (Android) and using a UMIK-1 mic. EQ set to flat, vol ~50%, fader/bal centered. If there are significant changes after I talk to them Monday I'll post another 'after' RTA.
Sponsored

Attachments