Ohlins Road & Track

mr_robs

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22' Supra, MK7 Sportwagen
So update on the Swift spring install on the Ohlins. They fixed the issue and ride much much better than the original Ohlin springs. I had dampening set at 10 all around on the Ohlins and 10 on the Swifts and its much more compliant in cornering (more direct), and better on the microbumps, humps, dips, etc in the Bay Area (notoriously shitty).

The Swift springs were installed and with the Ohlin spec preload of 190 it lowered about 5mm from before, then the preload was set at 210 and completely fixed the issue with ride height. With the helper springs up front the car has preload fully even when raised. The rear actually needs a pair of helper springs because there is about 20mm of no preload if the car is raised in the air, since the new Swift rear spring is 180mm instead of the Ohlin 200mm. Ordered this, but not much of a concern just dont jack the car up without caution until you install.

So if you install aftermarket camber plates up front you need to install shorter springs, with helpers front and rear, you should need the following:

Front Springs:
Z65-152-110
ID: 65mm (2.56")
Length: 152mm (6") Ɨ 2

Rear Springs:
Z65-178-180
ID: 65mm (2.56")
Length: 178mm (7") Ɨ 2

Helper Springs:
H65-135-0008
Swift Helper Springs - Flat Wire 65mm (2.56") ID Ɨ 4

Adjust the preload to 210 and you will have the following ride height in the photos below. The rear needs to be raised slightly due to the shorter spring but that will be solved in my alignment next week. Otherwise I definitely recommend anyone with the Ohlins to swap out the original springs for these for better ride height and a much better ride.

zPCyfSC.jpg

4cpKjgH.jpg

MGYn1SR.jpg

GCyPQ4Y.jpg
Your ride height looks fantastic and itā€™s really good to get some feedback from a Bay Area local. I drive my car up 101 pretty much daily on my commute and Iā€™m not super happy with lowering it on eibach springs alone.

How much flexibility do you have in either direction with the helper springs for ride heigh adjustment ? I have the same tire size setup but would prefer to retain my current ride height from the eibachs if possible.

This whole thread is super helpful for someone shopping for a coilover setup.
Sponsored

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
So obviously they got the "track" down, how about "road"? Tried clicking it to maximum soft?
Nosaā€¦ I havenā€™t done that yet. I donā€™t drive a lot of miles in town and our roads are really nice down here. So I love the current feel and ability to quick corner.

But have seen other post where users click it to their preference.

Oodis

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 MT GR Supra
Gday,

Has there been any solution to the non compatibility of ohlins R&T and SPL sway bar links?, i just put mine on looked fine then when checking for any contact i bent both SPL links. I was thinking a spacer would work but unsure if this would change the angle to much and create more issues. Im in Australia so getting parts for these cars is a pain in the arse and have had to purchase most things from the US.

Cheers

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Gday,

Has there been any solution to the non compatibility of ohlins R&T and SPL sway bar links?, i just put mine on looked fine then when checking for any contact i bent both SPL links. I was thinking a spacer would work but unsure if this would change the angle to much and create more issues. Im in Australia so getting parts for these cars is a pain in the arse and have had to purchase most things from the US.

Cheers
Mine were rubbing. Spacers definitely work. Havenā€™t had a problem since šŸ‘

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bloke what spacers did use and where to gain correct clearances?

Cheers in advance
The shop owner told me 10mm should fit the bill. So I bought that. I could have gone wider I suppose but went with his advice. Iā€™m on 275/35-18s during track season. No worries on the stock wheels/tires whatsoever. On the 18s, full turn with compression was where I was getting some rub. I was also on spring that was lower than I needed. So it was a combo of stuff. Honestly, canā€™t remember where I got the spacers or what brand. Thereā€™s a whole thread for that with lots of happy spacer people šŸ˜‰

Funny side note: on the spacer thread. People swear they have the best spacers. Iā€™m thinking, dudeā€¦ these are spacers lol. Like anything else, I wouldnā€™t buy them out of a gum-ball machine. Stick to a reputable shop and youā€™ll be fine.

Oodis

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 MT GR Supra
The shop owner told me 10mm should fit the bill. So I bought that. I could have gone wider I suppose but went with his advice. Iā€™m on 275/35-18s during track season. No worries on the stock wheels/tires whatsoever. On the 18s, full turn with compression was where I was getting some rub. I was also on spring that was lower than I needed. So it was a combo of stuff. Honestly, canā€™t remember where I got the spacers or what brand. Thereā€™s a whole thread for that with lots of happy spacer people šŸ˜‰

Funny side note: on the spacer thread. People swear they have the best spacers. Iā€™m thinking, dudeā€¦ these are spacers lol. Like anything else, I wouldnā€™t buy them out of a gum-ball machine. Stick to a reputable shop and youā€™ll be fine.
Ha i think we are talking about 2 different things. I am talking about washers or spacers for the sway bar link so there is no contact with the J shaped mounting point on the road and track coilovers on the front suspension

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
@FLtrackdays As per this photo
swaybar contact.png
Appreciate the specifics and sorry I donā€™t know more šŸ˜ž I didnā€™t do the install. I know the race alignment shop owner called SPL, said they were very helpful. I only had to purchase spacers. He bought some different bolts. I also purchased eccentric lockouts. No oneā€™s request, I just wanted them. So Iā€™m using those as well.

@Evolution was incredibly helpful. He knew I needed OEM top hats (per the instructions btw) and how to do it without OEM top hats. Dude has extensive mechanic knowledge on our cars. He also uses SPL parts. I just drive the damn thing. Sorry again amigoā€¦

Oodis

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 MT GR Supra
Appreciate the specifics and sorry I donā€™t know more šŸ˜ž I didnā€™t do the install. I know the race alignment shop owner called SPL, said they were very helpful. I only had to purchase spacers. He bought some different bolts. I also purchased eccentric lockouts. No oneā€™s request, I just wanted them. So Iā€™m using those as well.

@Evolution was incredibly helpful. He knew I needed OEM top hats (per the instructions btw) and how to do it without OEM top hats. Dude has extensive mechanic knowledge on our cars. He also uses SPL parts. I just drive the damn thing. Sorry again amigoā€¦
All good bloke get out there and have fun, i just put the OEM links back on and will have to find a solution for SPL ones

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
All good bloke get out there and have fun, i just put the OEM links back on and will have to find a solution for SPL ones
I honestly think you have your shock body clocked wrong. Do you have any other pictures to share?

Islindur

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Had:Yellow 2l Have: Red 3l
Cant the suspenion error after installing R&T be just codded out? It really NEEDs the 400$ cancelers?

Kase

First Name
supra.kase
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0: Turbulence Gray
I honestly think you have your shock body clocked wrong. Do you have any other pictures to share?
So the picture he sent was actually from me a while back but I do have more pictures if you want to take a look haha. This was before I had helper springs installed. Let me know if you notice anything wrong!
toyota-gr-supra---ohlins-dfv-coilovers_51404041607_o.jpg
toyota-gr-supra---ohlins-dfv-coilovers_51404041522_o.jpg
toyota-gr-supra---ohlins-dfv-coilovers_51405769630_o.jpg

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
So the picture he sent was actually from me a while back but I do have more pictures if you want to take a look haha. This was before I had helper springs installed. Let me know if you notice anything wrong!
I am going to have to verify this next time I pop a wheel off my car (should be in a few days) but it does look like you need to rotate the shock bodies. Your bracket looks like its sitting at the 12 o'clock position and I believe mine are at the 10 and 2 spots (depending on what side of the car).
Sponsored