First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota GR Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Hm I didn’t know that vsc puts cars into limp mode. Sounds like a great product
It certainly can if you ride against it’s countermeasures enough.

The secondary benefits of a ATCS system is performance related. Ensuring a maximum slip range with gradual power reduction to stay within that range can improve your times.

Awales74

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, Mazda 6
I talked to him a bunch of times while he was working on this, it's 100% the real thing
Did you have a chance to install it on your own car? Did you do any pulls with it? Or maybe see a pull being done by a car with it installed and notice any improvement?

Might be fun to see a car do pulls with and without the unit to see how the power is being applied more effectively with better times and trap speeds.

Thraxbert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3L, boosted 3.8L Gen Coupe, '93 Jimny
Very exciting product.

OP
OP
Zupraman

Zupraman

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Did you have a chance to install it on your own car? Did you do any pulls with it? Or maybe see a pull being done by a car with it installed and notice any improvement?

Might be fun to see a car do pulls with and without the unit to see how the power is being applied more effectively with better times and trap speeds.

I have the setup installed on a test car owned by another member. I'll let him speak for it. As far as effectiveness, this is greatly dependent on your tuner and their ability to dial it in effectively, just like the motiv reflex and flex fuel kits are a tool and subject to the tuners ability to implement, this is also a tool.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
I have the setup installed on a test car owned by another member. I'll let him speak for it. As far as effectiveness, this is greatly dependent on your tuner and their ability to dial it in effectively, just like the motiv reflex and flex fuel kits are a tool and subject to the tuners ability to implement, this is also a tool.
So I'm assuming you are bringing in the these CAN data points:

Screenshot 2023-06-28 at 12.27.48 PM.png

wsfl/fr/rl/rr are wheelspeed front left, front right, rear left, rear right

And with those data points you are creating 3D tables where the tuner can input amount of timing retard, etc based on the X/Y values?

If so, why do you need the Reflex box and port injection? Are the custom 3D maps in the Reflex, not the ECU ROM?

OP
OP
Zupraman

Zupraman

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So I'm assuming you are bringing in the these CAN data points:

Screenshot 2023-06-28 at 12.27.48 PM.png

wsfl/fr/rl/rr are wheelspeed front left, front right, rear left, rear right

And with those data points you are creating 3D tables where the tuner can input amount of timing retard, etc based on the X/Y values?

If so, why do you need the Reflex box and port injection? Are the custom 3D maps in the Reflex, not the ECU ROM?
wsfl/fr/rl/rr would be great to have in Ecutek, however it is not present, nor does Ecutek intend to make them available. For that reason the data comes through an external source and routes through the motiv reflex box which is why it's required. I dont see this as being much of an issue as most cars that arent running port injection wont have enough power to see a real benefit from the product.

*Update: The data passed through to CAN for a tuner to use can be either a direct wheel slip percentage, or a torque reduction request percentage.

Screenshot 2023-06-28 114824.png

OP
OP
Zupraman

Zupraman

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Sure. But a practical example of what could be achieved would be fun no?
It certainly would. I'll get you some video from testing months ago on an 800whp setting and then when we turned it up.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
wsfl/fr/rl/rr would be great to have in Ecutek, however it is not present, nor does Ecutek intend to make them available. For that reason the data comes through an external source and routes through the motiv reflex box which is why it's required. I dont see this as being much of an issue as most cars that arent running port injection wont have enough power to see a real benefit from the product.

*Update: The data passed through to CAN for a tuner to use can be either a direct wheel slip percentage, or a torque reduction request percentage.

Screenshot 2023-06-28 114824.png
Yea that makes sense since you can't get it through Ecutek. I was asking about port injection because this would also be a GREAT feature for track cars that turn their steering wheels, even at lower power.

Reactions: zrk
OP
OP
Zupraman

Zupraman

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yea that makes sense since you can't get it through Ecutek. I was asking about port injection because this would also be a GREAT feature for track cars that turn their steering wheels, even at lower power.
I completely agree. Honestly it can be done quite easily come to think of it. You just cant have more than 1 custom CAN controllers integrated with ecutek, so if you dont have reflex then I can just add it to the CAN network via a CAN controller. Let me know if you would be interested in trying something like that.

Last edited:

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black

I don't have it on my car yet. I'm waiting for Curtis to give me that 'best friends' deal where I don't have to pay for it, I don't have to install it, or pay for tuning, all in trade for a steak dinner that I already owe him for other favors.

OP
OP
Zupraman

Zupraman

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I don't have it on my car yet. I'm waiting for Curtis to give me that 'best friends' deal where I don't have to pay for it, I don't have to install it, or pay for tuning, all in trade for a steak dinner that I already owe him for other favors.
Stopp... I feel like I might have too many people trying to become my best friend now.
Sponsored