Petition Against The 'Supra' Badge

Daigor

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
98 Toyota Supra
Interestingly enough, I generally hold A70 owners in similar contempt to A80 owners lol, but it's not for the same reasons.

A80 owners = arrogant elitists
A70 owners = cheap, ignorant fools

All of my friends are exceptions to that rule for the most part thankfully, especially the Japanese guys (they're a different breed and wish everyone was like them).

And that's a Gundam, although I'm not sure which... I've really only seen Wing, 00, and IBO.
Hey hey, I am NOT and Arrogant Elitist lol. Can't we all just get a long? :D

DesmoSD

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993.5 Supra TT, 997.1 911 Carrera S, 1199 Panigale S
Interestingly enough, I generally hold A70 owners in similar contempt to A80 owners lol, but it's not for the same reasons.

A80 owners = arrogant elitists
A70 owners = cheap, ignorant fools

All of my friends are exceptions to that rule for the most part thankfully, especially the Japanese guys (they're a different breed and wish everyone was like them).

And that's a Gundam, although I'm not sure which... I've really only seen Wing, 00, and IBO.
Ouch, I'm an A80 owner! :rofl: From what I've experienced, Supra owners are very knowledgable and are the ones who would burn that midnight oil with you as your Supra is in pieces at 4am in the morning. I think Toyota owners in general are low key.

I used to think Porsche owners and specifically 911 owners were arrogant elitist until I got to know and talk to them. Once I started going to their PCA events (even with my Supra) in which the PCA president said to me, "what is this, this is not a Porsche... it looks like a wannabe 944..." right to my face as he walked away chuckling, I knew it wasn't going to be smooth sailing. I think the better term for all sports car enthusiasts is that they are "passionate".

Attached is a pic of their Porsche monthly newsletter and my Supra hiding in the back. :drive:

It's Strike Gundam from Gundam SEED lol.
Ding, ding, ding!

41JiITbA6NL.jpg

Screen Shot 2019-01-22 at 11.55.44 AM.png

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
it's great that people are not happy with this name and expressing that, but so what? which company in the right mind would change a name of such a hyped car after announcing that is A90 everywhere, on the wraps, etc and finally revealing it. I think people have too much time in their hands...
I think that people who petition for this are looking at highly modified 800+hp Supra's then look at a new 335hp car and they're like meh.

Please learn how the automotive industry works and what drove Toyota to use BMW parts, etc.. don't buy if you don't like it. wait for new Celica or wait for GRMN. OR while at it petition the mother nature for climate change and ask for removal of emission regulations.

MA617M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lots
People seem to forget that the era of car manufacturers releasing all variants at launch are gone.

The A80 had both low and upper spec released at launch. (turbo and non turbo)

The C class AMG - The C63 follows
I am sure the ZR1 Corvette wasn't available on release

The 3.0i A90 is virtually the SZ-R A80.

The GRMN will be the supercar-beating, A80 TT equivalent.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
People seem to forget that the era of car manufacturers releasing all variants at launch are gone.
I so frigging hate this fact though. I surely understand the R&D efforts and other engine variants etc. take time and also sales tactics, but what do they think the customer mentality is? ah ok, let me buy this version with 2.0L engine today and next year when they come with the 3.0L engine I'll buy that and next year the 4.0L????? Supra is out now, I've to wait 2-3 more years to see a GRMN version? a M/T version... if they'll keep on doing this then they should also allow 1 year lease or buy-back guarantee when you want to switch from one to the other.
I'd love to see a study where a 1.6L engine owner said I love this car, I'll now but the 3.2L engine variant... assuming they have the means to buy both, of course...

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
The 86/FRS/BRZ was cool and successful, only because the name had never existed before.
I agree with cool, but everything else is so wrong in this sentence dude...:doh: I don't usually bash people, but damn