Petition Against The 'Supra' Badge

Supra21

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mercedes Benz C250
Nobody wants to pay the driving expenses of a vehicle that only seats 2.

Toyota's CEO had given BMW the biggest sales pitch imaginable by parking the FT1's potential in front of a f^cking train.
Is that a fact?!...or speculation?! Do you not think Toyota had the resources to make the FT-1 themselves and have it carry an LFA pricetag rather than a GTR price tag?!
The car was always being benchmarked again smaller sized cars such as previous generation GT2-RS's and Cayman GT4s...in turn small, and agile were key.
The speculation of having the Supra being 100% an FT-1 was a dream for many but it was more of a glimpse rather than a "go for launch" deal...and I feel that ppl are emotional about it and make the speculation before looking and all the hints that led up to this car being inevitably what it was intended to be.
Sponsored

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I know I like one thing. Toyota stuck with similar performance figures and did everything they can to minimize cost. I'm sure it wasn't easy. It truly is a successor for factory specs. No one in the right mind, even if it was Toyota engine should expect an overly engineered, 10n factor of safety engine with the economic model A90 is based on. Even Toyoda said those who will swap 2JZ should go with I4 engine.
They didn't go overboard like NSX and made it unattainable for most :thumbsup:. Peace out

Supra21

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mercedes Benz C250
See this is the problem. Affordability. This is exactly what had limited Toyota from pushing the FT1 in the first place.

1996: $57,000 got you a MKIV Twin-Turbo GETRAG 6 speed with Aerotop.
2019: $50,000 MSRP gets you a cheap BMW in which had died in most recent sale figures.

You get what you pay for.
You forgot inflation...$57,000 is pushing close to upper $70k...sooooo the current car being $50k in 2019 (which in fact is still $50k) is a bargain in comparison.
Higher performance variants are on their way...which will hit a near $80K price tag; which will be on par in terms of price, including inflation, to a new TT- MKIV in the 90s; however...it'll outdo a factory TT-MKIV by far.
The standard MKV already has a TT-MKIV beat at +20K cheaper.

123vasakate6

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Mazda6 GT, 2016 Lexus LS 600h L, LandCruiser 200
1996: $57,000 got you a MKIV Twin-Turbo GETRAG 6 speed with Aerotop.
2019: $50,000 MSRP gets you a cheap BMW in which had died in most recent sale figures with existing 2015 engine.

Correction:
1995: $85,000 ($52,000 in 1998) got you a MKIV Twin-Turbo GETRAG 6 speed with Aerotop.
2019: $50,000 MSRP gets you a modern car that outperforms it in almost every single aspect (except nostalgia and le internet bragging rights)

95_turbo_sticker.jpg

Supra21

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mercedes Benz C250
What about the BMW ringtone that sounds for every time I forget to wear my seat belt down the road? Or the trunk/door/hood ajar ringtone? I will pass.

Yeah speaking of MR2 hopefully Toyota's CEO doesn't screw that one up as well.
Just don't open the door to one, happily drive what you have, or get something else. Simple!...no ones convincing you to buy one lol...no salespeople here.
Just don't tarnish the possible future of this car with a petition of complaint.

Supra21

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mercedes Benz C250
Correction:
1995: $85,000 ($52,000 in 1998) got you a MKIV Twin-Turbo GETRAG 6 speed with Aerotop.
2019: $50,000 MSRP gets you a modern car that outperforms it in almost every single aspect (except nostalgia and le internet bragging rights)

95_turbo_sticker.jpg
Facts!

Bryster

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nothing,considering a Civic DX
Just don't open the door to one, happily drive what you have, or get something else. Simple!...no ones convincing you to buy one lol...no salespeople here.
Just don't tarnish the possible future of this car with a petition of complaint.
Besides,if he hates the sound he can get rid of it

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Shit can't help it.
We've seen over and over again when companies try to assert their sporty, futuristic, will definitely be a hit car, into expensive segments well dominated by other OEMs, they miserably failed. Will you buy a Toyota badged 150K car? Or will you get a Porsche? LC is an OK example of failure. Not saying OE's have the best plans, but they try... Lucky or lunatic? people get to buy one of 400 vehicles sold per month before they're axed.

Supra21

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mercedes Benz C250
Shit can't help it.
We've seen over and over again when companies try to assert their sporty, futuristic, will definitely be a hit car, into expensive segments well dominated by other OEMs, they miserably failed. Will you buy a Toyota badged 150K car? Or will you get a Porsche? LC is an OK example of failure. Not saying OE's have the best plans, but they try... Lucky or lunatic? people get to buy one of 400 vehicles sold per month before they're axed.
Couldn't say it better myself. At that price point...hand me a GT3; then write a petition! Night everyone lol

Goose

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 FRS
Also to highlight the problem existing Supra aftermarket industries and shops face because the B58 has been in production for now 4 years.

This is a good thing for those of us who plan on modifying our new Supras when we get them. Tuners alrrady know how to adjust everything, and there's already big turbo kits out.