Petition Against The 'Supra' Badge

BRX

First Name
Abdulla
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Tundra, Celica, GT86
I can't believe someone would be this ignorant. I would rather say he's just trolling since most of his reasoning for this petition doesn't make sense in the first place.

Toyota didn't make the MKV to satisfy the internet. I pay my ISP for internet last time I checked and I'm pretty sure non of it went to Toyota for the time I've spent reading on the new Supra.

I think all this negativity comes from people actually being able to afford it for once, but aren't able to buy it because they care too much about other's opinions and they hate the car for it. If it was a "GTR killer" they won't be able to afford it in the first place like all the other GTR fanboys and just sit on the sidelines.

And as the saying goes, "All publicity is good publicity". As long as people talk about it on the internet, it will help sales no matter what 12 year old keyboard warriors keep spewing online.
Sponsored

Bryster

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nothing,considering a Civic DX
I can't believe someone would be this ignorant. I would rather say he's just trolling since most of his reasoning for this petition doesn't make sense in the first place.

Toyota didn't make the MKV to satisfy the internet. I pay my ISP for internet last time I checked and I'm pretty sure non of it went to Toyota for the time I've spent reading on the new Supra.

I think all this negativity comes from people actually being able to afford it for once, but aren't able to buy it because they care too much about other's opinions and they hate the car for it. If it was a "GTR killer" they won't be able to afford it in the first place like all the other GTR fanboys and just sit on the sidelines.

And as the saying goes, "All publicity is good publicity". As long as people talk about it on the internet, it will help sales no matter what 12 year old keyboard warriors keep spewing online.
People want a GTR competitor without considering the GTR lifecycle

Supra21

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mercedes Benz C250
Lmfao!!!

Who started the petition?....Rob Ferretti?

Bet you itā€™s some MKIV owner who overpaid for their car and is trying very hard to drive up demand of the MKIV.
:lol::lol::lol:
I was and remain a huge fan of the MKIV, but I'm one that's flowing with change and giving praise to Toyota for this car being a full package that's modestly priced, attainable, and full of potential.
The MKV has a bright future ahead, and people just need to relax and let it do its thing.
Ofc the argument of the car not being a GTR competitor will come to the surface; however, these same individuals need to think...
1. Would you rather go buy an attainable car and put your time and devotion into it to make it your own (as what most did with the MKIV) -- take pride in what you've built
Or...
2. Have a crazy MKV on the market that's overpriced and cool to talk about because it exists rather than having one in the garage...and that's where the line gets drawn because...IT'S TOO EXPENSIVE

Modern cars have spoiled us with factory stats, and the era of exploring a car's potential has drifted...hopefully, this changes with the A90

Goose

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 FRS
From where, RealStreet? HKS? Driftmotion? Mines? PowerhouseRacing? Titan? Suprastore? BrianCrower? Greddy? Blitz? Germany? Oh. :doh:
http://www.burgertuning.com/B58_JB4_bmw_performance_tuner.html

https://www.dinancars.com/product/d...erformance-tuner-for-bmw-b46-b48-b58-engines/

https://missiontuning.com/bmw-b58-340i-540i-performance-obd-flash-tuning.html

A little bit of googling goes a long way. Maybe you should spend your time doing research instead of just being an angry person

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
:lol::lol::lol:
I was and remain a huge fan of the MKIV, but I'm one that's flowing with change and giving praise to Toyota for this car being a full package that's modestly priced, attainable, and full of potential.
The MKV has a bright future ahead, and people just need to relax and let it do its thing.
Ofc the argument of the car not being a GTR competitor will come to the surface; however, these same individuals need to think...
1. Would you rather go buy an attainable car and put your time and devotion into it to make it your own (as what most did with the MKIV) -- take pride in what you've built
Or...
2. Have a crazy MKV on the market that's overpriced and cool to talk about because it exists rather than having one in the garage...and that's where the line gets drawn because...IT'S TOO EXPENSIVE

Modern cars have spoiled us with factory stats, and the era of exploring a car's potential has drifted...hopefully, this changes with the A90
Yes, you are absolutely correct! Like I have said numerous times, patience people patience! The B58 wasn't exercised much in the past by big name tuner shops because there was little to no demand for high HP 3 series or 5 series cars (let alone the SUV's and such). Now that it will be in a Supra, it's a whole different ball game. The MKV is a superior car to the MKIV, I don't care what the internet says. Everything about the car is better....especially considering that Toyota quality-tested it down to the nuts and bolts, I see no reason why this car will not do very well.

Remember, the 2JZ only had forged crank and rods I believe....the B58 is fully forged (crank, rods, and pistons). This motor will make huge power, people need to be patient. There is a big movement by MKIV owners to downplay the the MKV to drive up demand and resale value of the MKIV....it is apparent everywhere.

Last edited:

Supra21

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mercedes Benz C250
Yes, you are absolutely correct! Like I have said numerous times, patience people patience! The B58 wasn't exercised much in the past y big name tuner shops because there was little to no demand for high HP 3 series or 5 series cars (let alone the SUV's and such). Now that it will be in a Supra, it's a whole different ball game. The MKV is a superior car to the MKIV, I don't care what the internet says. Everything about the car is better....especially considering that Toyota quality tested down to the nuts and bolts, I see no reason why this car will not do very well.

Remember, the 2JZ only had forged crank and rods I believe....the B58 is fully forged (crank, rods, and pistons). This motor will make huge power, people need to be patient. There is a big movement by MKIV owners to downplay the the MKV to drive up demand and resale value of the MKIV....it is apparent everywhere.
Preach it brother haha
Personally, there are several MKIV's in my family and each owner is happy about the new MKV; however, I couldn't agree more in regards to the underlying resent they have being that the MKIV was the king of the hill and "Last of the Mohicans" until now.
Until now, Supra's were churned out one generation after the next without discontinuation and the MKIV was the "do all and end all" for the Supra lineage. So I can see where the underlying resent stems from.
In all honesty, the MKV could have been a rocket ship, and the same resent would arise simply because the throne was up for claim again.

Therealist

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1996 Toyota Supra
Lmfao!!!

Who started the petition?....Rob Ferretti?

Bet you itā€™s some MKIV owner who overpaid for their car and is trying very hard to drive up demand of the MKIV.
Been following the forum for a while and you were itā€™s biggest critic for a long time. Interesting to see a complete flip flop but youā€™re so vocal against mkiv owners. Truth is mkiv owners like itself have nothing to fear. The cars will increase in value.

Are you one of the people who sold their mkiv to buy this new one? Is that why youā€™re so bitter?

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
Been following the forum for a while and you were itā€™s biggest critic for a long time. Interesting to see a complete flip flop but youā€™re so vocal against mkiv owners. Truth is mkiv owners like itself have nothing to fear. The cars will increase in value.

Are you one of the people who sold their mkiv to buy this new one? Is that why youā€™re so bitter?
You are right, I was one of the biggest skeptics on this forum. I wanted to see a 100% Toyota built sportscar as much as anyone else. Then, I met "people" who shared some information with me that opened my eyes to the reality of the performance automotive industry today. Hence why I bought a brand new STI, in process of acquiring a R34 GTR, and in the future a MKV Supra. You have to embrace the future of high performance cars, they truly are superior to the past cars.

Also, im not bitter....I am being realistic. The majority of MKIV owners are against the MKV for what reasons??? The MKV outperforms the MKIV in every category, so why do they hate it so much?? It is to drive up demand and keep resale costs high...this is the same thing LandCruiser guys did too. It's nothing new, it has been happening for ages. Don't take everything that is realistic as bitterness or hate, sometimes you have to accept the truth. Those who can't handle the truth fight it non-stop.

Last edited:

Supra21

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mercedes Benz C250

There's a simple solution...love what you own or buy what you love. If you're happy with what you have, keep it...there's no law stating that previous generation owners most purchase those that follow.
If there's nothing to fear, why so up in arms about the situation?! If your claim that MKIV's will increase in value, COOL! You're sitting on a nice retirement fund/treasure chest...you should be pleased. Or are people slow pressed and wary that prices may indeed fall as did previous generations once the smoke clears and this car actually does well. Either way, no one knows.
It's inevitable criticism as such which caused
such a delay in the decision for this car to be made.
Are you that worried about a brand?! Just relax a let the car do its thing

Adkuan89

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Camry 2018
:dunno: I guess I fall in a weird category. I like BMW & Toyota / Lexus.

Iā€™m more curious how many of these keyboard warriors can actually afford the 50k+ probably 60k with taxes.

Iā€™ll happily accept criticism if you have drove the car for a span of time.

Goose

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 FRS
:dunno: I guess I fall in a weird category. I like BMW & Toyota / Lexus.

Iā€™m more curious how many of these keyboard warriors can actually afford the 50k+ probably 60k with taxes.

Iā€™ll happily accept criticism if you have drove the car for a span of time.
*raises hand*
I'm getting one. Looking forward to this car very much so

Vaevictum

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Camaro SS, 2012 Corolla
*raises hand*
I'm getting one. Looking forward to this car very much so
Same. If dealership markups don't make this thing unattainable or ridiculous, I'll be making the leap. An engine with forged everything is too much potential to pass at such a price point.

Goose

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 FRS
Same. If dealership markups don't make this thing unattainable or ridiculous, I'll be making the leap. An engine with forged everything is too much potential to pass at such a price point.
I've seen everything from 5k to 20k markups mentioned. If it's under 10k at the dealership, I'll be all over it
Sponsored