Pure Turbos

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
I expect a stock turbo to be better on a track. What track are you planning to be on? I have Road America by me and I still can’t imagine needing the extra hp on the long straights. You can get 550 from the stock turbo and keep it snappy quick coming out of turns.

If you turn the car into hellcat horsepower then it’ll drive like a hellcat on a track
Sponsored

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
The pure turbos don’t have lag usually. The only time there is lag is if you’re in higher elevated areas because of the thinner air. I’m at sea level so there is no lag whatsoever. It’s subjective to tunes as well.
There is measurable lag in the 800 and 850, you can see it on any log file. Full spool for the 800 is at least 300-400rpm more than on the stock turbo.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
There is measurable lag in the 800 and 850, you can see it on any log file. Full spool for the 800 is at least 300-400rpm more than on the stock turbo.
Coming from years of tracking a 600hp+ Evo that hit peak torque at 5k and revved to 9k, you supra guys crack me up with talk like this. Stock turbo hits peak torque so low on the Supra, you will barely notice 300-400rpm difference, especially on track, and especially with a transmission that doesn't dump boost on shifts.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Stock turbo hits peak torque so low on the Supra, you will barely notice 300-400rpm difference, especially on track.
I feel like understanding your powerband can give you a real advantage over the guy in the other lane. Plenty of folks are shaving tenths off by understanding their powerbands better and shifting at ~5600-5700 vs 6000.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
I feel like understanding your powerband can give you a real advantage over the guy in the other lane. Plenty of folks are shaving tenths off by understanding their powerbands better and shifting at ~5600-5700 vs 6000.
I was talking about tracks where you turn your wheel, not car bowling. :)

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
Just have to apply some throttle while turning. Not enough to shift the weight in the back but enough to spoil in time to blast out of the turn. You don’t want to be in too low of a gear or you’ll lurch

The lag is different but controllable. My question is why would anyone want 700 hp on a track? That’s a tough ride on a front engine car

ipeefreely

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra, 2021 Toyota Sienna
The pure turbos don’t have lag usually. The only time there is lag is if you’re in higher elevated areas because of the thinner air. I’m at sea level so there is no lag whatsoever. It’s subjective to tunes as well.
ahh thanks! I actually got in touch with a tuner yesterday and I think we're just going to go with a Pure 800.

He says that with the 800, we can tune it to basically have zero lag (compared to stock).

AJRMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Manual Supra
@Jackie.A90 if 500whp is what you want without ethanol. P800 will get you there and is a simple setup.

Here's a customer of mine. P800 downpipe and 93oct and custom tune by me
Screenshot_20211206-170513_Instagram.jpg
That's 560 at the wheels I assume?

I'll be looking for a turbo upgrade in the spring and I want a solid 125-130mph trap on pump (91-93) is this do-able with the 800 or will I have to go for the 850?

jRuN

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, 2017 Ram 1500 Sport
What is the additional hp ceiling for the 850 over the 800?

When is port injection necessary?

I fear I'm gonna end up looking for a top mount kit just because I have been such an mkiv fan for 30yrs and I love looking at the turbo front and center :p

OP
OP
Jackie.A90

Jackie.A90

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
What is the additional hp ceiling for the 850 over the 800?

When is port injection necessary?

I fear I'm gonna end up looking for a top mount kit just because I have been such an mkiv fan for 30yrs and I love looking at the turbo front and center :p
From what I’ve seen Port is necessary when going to a bigger turbo if you wanna make over like 550 or so. I ended up going with ETS’ too mount kit that utilizes a PTE6466 and port injection and several other mods.

EddieNel

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F350
From what I’ve seen Port is necessary when going to a bigger turbo if you wanna make over like 550 or so. I ended up going with ETS’ too mount kit that utilizes a PTE6466 and port injection and several other mods.
I’m just seeing this thread. What about these new hpfp and high flow low pressure pumps? How much power can you push the Pure 800 with these fuel upgrades? I know PI is the king but working up to PI where are you on 93 gas? A lot of you don’t realize some of us have no access to e fuel unless we go out of state

NiceBMW

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Unfortunately not much changes on 93. I believe you'll be limited to 520-550whp because of knock as you advance timing. The new HPFPs come in handy cause ethanol requires 30% more fluid for similar power but burns a lot cooler / stable which allows for extra boost and timing. The stock HPFP pump runs out of steam under 600whp on ethanol which is why there is all the fuss about the new HPFP and injectors. It's my understanding that the stock LPFP is good to 700+whp. A good meth kit could help but do your research so you don't fry cylinder #6. I personally don't like meth but I have access to E85.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jackie.A90

Jackie.A90

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I’m just seeing this thread. What about these new hpfp and high flow low pressure pumps? How much power can you push the Pure 800 with these fuel upgrades? I know PI is the king but working up to PI where are you on 93 gas? A lot of you don’t realize some of us have no access to e fuel unless we go out of state
93 with PI and LPFP and a few other things the car makes a good bit over 600 or so on 93. But I’m also not on a pure turbo and I have a lot of other things like AMS intake manifold, heat exchanger, 1050 injectors.
Sponsored