Race Tracking Your Supra - Information exchange

Nocturnal LE

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE
@FLtrackdays That’s helpful.. those specs sound about what I was thinking, except maybe starting with medium or soft firmness on sway bars. My thought is those sway bars on softest setting is already significantly stiffer than stock, so may be the best way to learn differences.

Regarding rake… you’re going to have the rear lower than the front? I had read somewhere that the rear should actually be slightly higher than the front for optimal setup. Can’t remember where. Was thinking maybe 0.5” to 1.0” all around with that in mind
Sponsored

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
@FLtrackdays That’s helpful.. those specs sound about what I was thinking, except maybe starting with medium or soft firmness on sway bars. My thought is those sway bars on softest setting is already significantly stiffer than stock, so may be the best way to learn differences.

Regarding rake… you’re going to have the rear lower than the front? I had read somewhere that the rear should actually be slightly higher than the front for optimal setup. Can’t remember where. Was thinking maybe 0.5” to 1.0” all around with that in mind
My bad and meant the other way around. Lower in the front and higher in the back. I changed it to say wheel space, which is ass backward, I know. Thanks! I would like a positive rake and should be referring to height from the bottom of the car to ground.

https://www.igpfun.com/racing-school/setup-for-dummies/ride-height-rake/

And nothing wrong with playing with the sway bar firmness. After all it’s about how the car feels to you!! That’s the most important thing. If you feel confident & having fun, that’ll translate to faster lap times 😃

Anyone else have a specific preference for ride height in our car on track?

Last edited:

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
639FA0BE-A8A4-4D60-AA33-0225C6536897.jpeg

you can see my friends GT3 in the reflection

5th track day this month…. Pressing pause till next one april 1
That is such a badass photo 🤩. My guess is you’ll be able to drive all summer at VIR.

Myself, more setup appointments this week, alignment w/out camber plates, only adjustable control arms, brake pads & fluid, rotors, and height adjustments for the new Ohlins. Homestead this weekend and Sebring in April. Then likely packing up. I’m suspecting I’ll be pushing the heat limits, for me.

At least I finally got my PS5 setup for my off season. Will be looking for @nibble to get me through until October on the gaming sim ✌🏼

Last edited:

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
That’s badass dude 🤩
I have the PS5, new wheel, and some virtual thing Grand Tursimo is compatible with. @nibble is willing to host a group of us. At least he was a while back. He also has a gaming thread. Check it out ✌🏼

nibble

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW, Honda, Toyota
That’s badass dude 🤩
I have the PS5, new wheel, and some virtual thing Grand Tursimo is compatible with. @nibble is willing to host a group of us. At least he was a while back. He also has a gaming thread. Check it out ✌🏼
absolutely would host one. PM me your handle so i can request friend via PSN. that way, it will be invitation only event.

adawine

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Bupra
Both of which cost double the price of the Verus diffuser and would have far less of a performance benefit.

With a diffuser being such a niche market compared to that of rear wings, and the already difficult nature of balancing front and rear downforce, I doubt we'll see any other performance minded diffusers for the supra, especially at the Verus price point with proven testing.

Edit: I realize this wording sounds like an ad...oh well

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Both of which cost double the price of the Verus diffuser and would have far less of a performance benefit.

With a diffuser being such a niche market compared to that of rear wings, and the already difficult nature of balancing front and rear downforce, I doubt we'll see any other performance minded diffusers for the supra, especially at the Verus price point with proven testing.

Edit: I realize this wording sounds like an ad...oh well
I’m way behind y’all. Still playing with coilovers 😝. This is good to know though
Sponsored