Race Tracking Your Supra - Information exchange

decodeddiesel

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2016 VW Tiguan, 2007 Cayman
Autoquest called me yesterday. SPL upgraded parts installed. They were just telling me about uneven front brake wear (left vs right), said it‘s not uncommon but… then asked me if they make brake cooling ducts for this car. I got an emergency page overhead and I had to hang up. But I did order this:

https://speedindustry.com/verus-brake-cooling-kit-mk5-toyota-supra

All they had to do was ask 😂
Let me know how those work out for you Mark. When I spoke to Verus about it they told me spacers may be required to clear 275s in the front.
Sponsored

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Let me know how those work out for you Mark. When I spoke to Verus about it they told me spacers may be required to clear 275s in the front.
Will do! I believe you’re right. I have 10mm from Turner MS (lifetime replacement ones). They were taken off when I had rub and no adjustable top hats. As long as I can still tuck my tires under the wheel well, he’s going to put them back on. Having adjustable control arms and camber plates, he said I should be able to run those spacers. I think he liked them 😃

Last edited:

kyle9

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Supra - Gridlife StreetMod #29, '23 B48 Supra
just don’t turn the wheel too far and you’ll be fine. They can rub at full lock even with the rack limiters.

AHP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium, 2022 C8 HTC, 2019 Z06
Vehicle Showcase
V730 faster, still wear well for their pace. Not great in wet. Best cost/performance ratio tire currently out. $900/set for 275/35/18 is unbeatable.

ECF shouldn't really be called a 200TW tire IMHO as they are way in the back as far as pace. They last forever though, seriously. It's basically a modern RS4 tire. Under braking they kind of suck. Good in rain. Honestly I have no idea why they cost so much money.

Ignoring the price difference how would you compare the V730 to the CR-S?

RE: ECF -- I'm guessing the 200 rating is a product market fit strategy. They are known as an "endurance" 200 which they definitely achieve, but pace-wise they are a bit more on par with a 300TW. If they were labeled/marketed higher than 200 then I think it would make them less appealing to the market. For me, as close to an honest A/B test I could get, the ECF were 2-2.5 seconds off the AR-1 and CR-S v2 at CMP and VIR.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Ignoring the price difference how would you compare the V730 to the CR-S?

RE: ECF -- I'm guessing the 200 rating is a product market fit strategy. They are known as an "endurance" 200 which they definitely achieve, but pace-wise they are a bit more on par with a 300TW. If they were labeled/marketed higher than 200 then I think it would make them less appealing to the market. For me, as close to an honest A/B test I could get, the ECF were 2-2.5 seconds off the AR-1 and CR-S v2 at CMP and VIR.

In order of pace: CRS --> AR1 --> V730 --> ECF

CRS is one of the fastest super 200's.

V730's last longer than CRS for sure.

CRS is better than the AR1 in every way and basically the same price. The AR1's are so annoying to drive on the street because of the noise and vibrations. CRS are kittens compared. CRS are also faster and wear better than AR1's.

Top of the Super 200's and all very very very very close in pace are A052/CRS/RE71RS

CRS are MUCH better with temp than A052 and RE71RS. A052 are time attack tires and turn into mush.

JRTritsch

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Supra MT, 93 MR2
For those with vorshlag plates, how much camber did those get you? Wondering if I’ll need to order arms too. I’d like to have 3-4* range to play with.

AHP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase

CRS is better than the AR1 in every way and basically the same price. The AR1's are so annoying to drive on the street because of the noise and vibrations. CRS are kittens compared. CRS are also faster and wear better than AR1's.

Top of the Super 200's and all very very very very close in pace are A052/CRS/RE71RS

CRS are MUCH better with temp than A052 and RE71RS. A052 are time attack tires and turn into mush.

Surprised to hear the V730 last longer!

Different cars, tracks, etc.. so all FWIW... My experience with the AR-1 vs CR-S v2 is a little different. I never had any issue with AR-1 and vibrations but they definitely howled on the street. Life was abysmal but they were quick. I just switched over to the CR-S and so far they do wear better (at least tread wear, heat cycles still TBD), are quieter but they aren't meaningfully quicker (in fact were slower than the AR-1 at CMP, but they had 3 days at VIR on them already). They are less sensitive to tire pressure but they take a solid 1-1.5 laps to wake up. The set on my C7Z vibrate like a mafaka at 48-52mph☠ but no problems on my C8.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Surprised to hear the V730 last longer!

Different cars, tracks, etc.. so all FWIW... My experience with the AR-1 vs CR-S v2 is a little different. I never had any issue with AR-1 and vibrations but they definitely howled on the street. Life was abysmal but they were quick. I just switched over to the CR-S and so far they do wear better (at least tread wear, heat cycles still TBD), are quieter but they aren't meaningfully quicker (in fact were slower than the AR-1 at CMP, but they had 3 days at VIR on them already). They are less sensitive to tire pressure but they take a solid 1-1.5 laps to wake up. The set on my C7Z vibrate like a mafaka at 48-52mph☠ but no problems on my C8.
What kind of pressures are you running on the CRS? I get about 4.5 days out of the CRS V2 before they drop off a couple seconds and become dorifito machines.

Vibration at certain mph is a balance issue. Tires move so much on the wheel during track use all my tires vibrate to a certain extent. I marked CRS back when I was using V1 and they would move a good 3-4" on the wheel after a track day, the rear moved more and from acceleration, not braking.

Before someone states wheels with the "ribbing" helps a tire stay put, no, they don't. They move on Titans and Apex and such just the same.

AHP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
What kind of pressures are you running on the CRS? I get about 4.5 days out of the CRS V2 before they drop off a couple seconds and become dorifito machines.

Approximately how many heat cycles is 4.5 days? I had 13 at VIR and then at CMP a few weeks later they were already a second off the AR-1. AR-1 for me started to fall off at 10 and by 15 they were about worthless.

Looking at the data my quickest laps are at 30-32psi so I try to stay at 32-33psi max hot, but no matter what they eventually creep up to at least 34-35 if I'm running a full session. AR-1 were way worse with tire pressures. Even starting at 24 cold which is like driving on marshmallows they would be 35-36psi midway through a session.

An acquaintance runs the Longacre TIRELIEFS to manage pressures. https://www.longacreracing.com/prod...pagetitle=Pro-TIRELIEF™-Kit-with-Setting-Tool

I may give them a whirl since I'm switching to Pirelli scrubs for good weather days next season.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Approximately how many heat cycles is 4.5 days? I had 13 at VIR and then at CMP a few weeks later they were already a second off the AR-1. AR-1 for me started to fall off at 10 and by 15 they were about worthless.

Looking at the data my quickest laps are at 30-32psi so I try to stay at 32-33psi max hot, but no matter what they eventually creep up to at least 34-35 if I'm running a full session. AR-1 were way worse with tire pressures. Even starting at 24 cold which is like driving on marshmallows they would be 35-36psi midway through a session.
Do you consider a heat cycle a track session? If so, then about 17-19.

I experience a noticeable difference in grip CRS vs AR1. AR1's like to slide around even when new. Either way I'll probably never use them again because they wear like stinky cheese and are miserable to/from the track.

32psi has been my sweet spot for most super 200's. I start at 26/25 cold.

You are right about the AR1's and pressure, they go up a ton from heat and they seem to hate high pressure.

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450

Pretty much dead on my experience with the same bunch. Very accurate description and ranking

I was in love w ao52 and just got used to them falling off “mushy” after 5/6 hard laps. The CRS keep it together