Remnant Performance OMEGA 65 Turbo Kit

Thraxbert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3L, boosted 3.8L Gen Coupe, '93 Jimny
600 on 93 isn't that crazy. About 100 WHP per cylinder with 93 is what most well-prepped and well-executed boosted cars can pull off. That tends to be just about the limit of the octane, though, so most people just skip straight to ethanol and don't bother testing 93 above the 500s.

Any upgraded turbo could probably deliver 600 on 93, but it's just a fundamentally octane-limited fuel and skipping to the octane+cooling+cleaning benefits of Ethanol asap is a smart choice. If it's available.
Sponsored

PotatoKing

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90
600 on 93 isn't that crazy. About 100 WHP per cylinder with 93 is what most well-prepped and well-executed boosted cars can pull off. That tends to be just about the limit of the octane, though, so most people just skip straight to ethanol and don't bother testing 93 above the 500s.

Any upgraded turbo could probably deliver 600 on 93, but it's just a fundamentally octane-limited fuel and skipping to the octane+cooling+cleaning benefits of Ethanol asap is a smart choice. If it's available.
Was the 600 on 93 achieved with DI? Alec said on the stream that PI was on for safety, was the 600 a DI + PI figure?

NiceBMW

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra

Gotcha. I kept hearing 550 or so on pump due to knock and ethanol gets you close to 575-600whp until HPFP limits. Mentally thinking 600 on pump when that's usually ethanol territory seemed overly impressive to me.

Thraxbert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3L, boosted 3.8L Gen Coupe, '93 Jimny
Was the 600 on 93 achieved with DI? Alec said on the stream that PI was on for safety, was the 600 a DI + PI figure?
Yes. You need PI to reach 600 on pump gas. That's beyond what the DI system can reliably do. This is true for any turbo, not just the RP model.

To be clear, I'm not recommending anyone try for 600WHP on 93. It's doable, yes, but one day of hot weather and the car could start knocking. It quickly becomes marginal based on how hot the car is, and that's never a fun place to be.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
I'm personally eager for this change because the stock turbo spools too early and makes too much torque down low, which is why everyone has traction problems. Moving that up just a little would make the power more usable and drivable
As an aside, I always hear people say this about the stock turbo and even hybrids, however you can tune whatever boost curve you want, you could technically have the stock turbo hit peak torque at 6,500 if you really wanted to.

For example, here is a boost curve from one of my Pure700 maps, and it's mapped this way exactly for the reason you mentioned, traction and drivability on the track.

Screenshot 2023-08-19 at 5.38.30 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-08-19 at 5.38.43 PM.png

Last edited:

Nugs

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 G81 M3 Touring, 2019 Supra GTS
It made 700/700 on 34psi and wouldn't make anymore boost.
He thinks it is getting choked so is going to machine out the turbine housing.

_Sp1ral0ut

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2021 Tahoe, Razor E100
You all know what tomorrow is, right?

It will be yet another Wednesday gone by. Will there be another video filled with excuses or an actual release?

IMG_2026.gif
They will be sending someone to explain why the delay exists and the release doesn't shortly. Please hold tight. According to my psychic healer and advisor they will releasing a new update in two weeks. Just two weeks! I mean two weeks is not that long.

After they machine the housing down 14mm or whatever they will release the new version of the turbo. Pretty sure it will flow like a cat 21 hurricane, make like 14k whp, and still spool like stock.

I look forward to the release of this kit in two weeks.

Two weeks.gif

_Sp1ral0ut

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2021 Tahoe, Razor E100
Looks like your face is molting. Does that mean it's going to blow up?
No, it was hot in the warehouse that day. We had so many orders to fill we were only given one 5 minute break. Needless to say the heat made my face melt a little. I'm good though I was able to rig one of the Omegas and a bag of ice to blow air around the warehouse to cool the place off.

Good news: My plastic surgeon says my partially melted face can be repaired, which is what I'm spending the cash I made on, instead of the FP Green.

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
Okay, the Photoshop accusation (and 'logic' behind it) is funny AF. Bruh, if someone was going to photoshop their name on some boxes...they'd do it on ALL THE BOXES. Not two! They'd also have erased the Chinese script on the trash can, and maybe even the oriental pattern on the stepstool while they're at it. At least I certainly would have..

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Okay, the Photoshop accusation (and 'logic' behind it) is funny AF. Bruh, if someone was going to photoshop their name on some boxes...they'd do it on ALL THE BOXES. Not two! They'd also have erased the Chinese script on the trash can, and maybe even the oriental pattern on the stepstool while they're at it. At least I certainly would have..
Maybe the paid actors couldn't get to all the boxes in time for the photo shoot?

200w.gif

AJRMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Manual Supra
As a next step, he wants to increase the hot side A/R. This will make spool about 300 RPM slower, but raise the power ceiling to 850 or 900ish.

They also made 600/600 on 93 with another car. Below is E71, but Marin indicated it would be doable with E50 based on observed telemetry.
300 rpm slower is still a fast spool if it really can make power like that.

Alec went to the trouble of video logging and datalogging all of his progress.. I'm assuming the dyno sheet of a car making 600/600 on 93 must be available. That's a 93 record.

he wants to offer 2 different AR housings. Once with stock spool and a larger one with slower spool that can make more power.
No ethanol available at the pump here so i'm interested in the 93 numbers and a larger AR even if the spool is 300 rpm less is more than welcome..
Sponsored