Remnant Performance OMEGA 65 Turbo Kit

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
For sure - Once I decide to move past my current downpipe/flex fuel setup it goes into big money for mods (comparatively) so I'd like to do it once and be set. One thing I didn't want to happen is buying a pure 800 or something similar, and later want more and have to spend more money/time on swapping to a better turbo.
If you want more than a Pure800 can do, you 100% will need to build your transmission, which is a $6k+ expense. Even on a Pure800 going big you will need to.
Sponsored

SavagePassenger

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2016 WRX
If you want more than a Pure800 can do, you 100% will need to build your transmission, which is a $6k+ expense. Even on a Pure800 going big you will need to.
Oh yes for sure. was counting that in with getting the portinject/manifold etc too. That's why I'm thinking for the tubo i'd rather go straight to something more capable like the Omega 65 or a top mount kit.

MYA90SUPRA

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra premium
Sooo how is this kit holding up now? I dont wanna just jump in like I did with CTS lol
I think you are going to have to wait a little bit for this, the turbo has not been out long. I have yet to see anything on the discord about failures though so that is a big plus.

UYCR

First Name
Ubec
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91-MT

jRuN

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, 2017 Ram 1500 Sport

a90fresh

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Car(s)
Toyota Supra A90 3.0 Premium
Last edited:

D3ad_Hand

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra / 2019 Y61 Nissan Patrol
I have the verus heat shield. Anyone know how these 2 might compare and which would perform better? I'm intrigued
I would like to know as well. I saw a video seeing how well the bimmer network heat shield works which is a bit different than the verus one.

UYCR

First Name
Ubec
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91-MT
I would like to know as well. I saw a video seeing how well the bimmer network heat shield works which is a bit different than the verus one.

I don't think that the extra width in that particular one makes much of a difference compared to the shorter Remnant or Verus shields. The B58 already has an oem shield for the back half of the manifold that works just like the aftermarket ones. The front half only has the shield attached to the intake box and getting rid of that gap from the manifold to the shield in order to contain the heat better is why the aftermarket options are worth it. I'd say let the price make the decision in that case cuz performance should be fairly similar.

The best performance would probably still be a blanket or formed/welded on shielding like they do with inconel. The tighter you can make the gap the better containment of heat you will have.

Trestoningle

First Name
Treston
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 BMW 335i Xdrive
Great informational but the real comparison is going to happen when the upgraded turbine housing comes out for the Omega 65 and we finally get the price on the Pure900. Until then, this is as much of an apples to oranges comparison as there can be.

i3igpete

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 3.0L 8AT
I highly doubt that the pure900 is going to undercut the 800/850, so that comparison is going to be irrelevant from a hp/dollar perspective

Uwatm8

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura RDX, CLS63 AMG
Great informational but the real comparison is going to happen when the upgraded turbine housing comes out for the Omega 65 and we finally get the price on the Pure900. Until then, this is as much of an apples to oranges comparison as there can be.
Even if the pure performs a bit better, the reliability of pure is terrible.
Sponsored