Reverse light into 4th Brake light?

sphinx000

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Lexus IS 350 F-sport rwd
The tail/brake lights(the triangular shaped LED) also function as the turn signals. If I tap into either the left or right brake light, the rear fog light would also blink when I signal left or right. I think there is a module somewhere controlling this light.

I tapped into the line shaped LED that only functions as a tail light. The way I have it, the red LEDs would function as a brake light during the day. But when the headlight are on, they are just the rear fog lights. Applying the brakes when it is already on does not make it brighter.

I you only want it to function as a rear fog light OR a brake light then you only need the tap into one of the lines. Hope this helps.
That makes sense! So if I just want it like a fog light then I just need to tap into the line shaped led that only functions as taillights? Which color line is that one? Thnx for the clarifications :)
Sponsored

Ultimateone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
AW A90
Someone should contact FTSpeed and OLM I bet they could have something made quick like they did with their Subaru stuff

Evoh

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
That makes sense! So if I just want it like a fog light then I just need to tap into the line shaped led that only functions as taillights? Which color line is that one? Thnx for the clarifications :)
It is the grey wire with the yellow stripe.

o3zdt5g-jpg.jpg

efy0h1y-jpg.jpg

Mysta

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Blue
The install in complete!

bFINSkI.jpg

5Fj7i5k.jpg

I also tried applying 12V to the rear fog pin on the original light and nothing lights up as expected.

This is what the plug looks like. As you can see there are no metal contacts where the rear fog light pin goes in. It was also plugged up on the other side with a rubber piece that I reused later. What I did was solder a wire(green/yellow) to the rear fog light pin and drill out a hole in the connector so the wire can go though. This way, it can still be plugged in normally. Hopefully the pictures can show what I mean. I made a hole through the rubber piece so the wire can go through and put the rubber piece back in so prevent moisture from getting in.

3OBhi3J.jpg

ljKxLHI.jpg

tpGj4YZ.jpg

L1qap59.jpg

I tapped the green/yellow wire to both the tail light and the third brake light wire. You can't tap it into the regular brake lights since that also acts as your signal light. You could tap it to only the third brake light but I wanted it to also be on when the headlights are on. I also needed to install a diode so the tail light does not also light up the third brake light since they are all connected now.

The third brake light wire is the black/red wire. It goes under the head liner which is where I tapped into it.

M4VTg9R.jpg

uriq7Ai.jpg

The tail light is the grey/yellow wire. I tapped into it in the bundle of wires near the fuse box. This is also where I will install the diode.

O3zdt5g.jpg

EFY0h1Y.jpg

There is also a rubber grommet in the rear of the trunk there you can route the wire through by just poking a hole in it. It leads the the back of the rear fog light.

BahV6rG.jpg

Hope this helps!
What's the part number? And can we just swap harness?

Supr@Freak23

First Name
PEPE
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra A90, 2001 S2000, 2009 STI
Vehicle Showcase
No harness to swap that was everyone's 1st question,EU part number is the same it just ends in 2 instead of 1

Evoh

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
What's the part number? And can we just swap harness?
The part number for the rear fog light assembly is 81480-WAA01 . You can use the existing harness. You just need to add a wire to it.

Mysta

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Blue
The part number for the rear fog light assembly is 81480-WAA01 . You can use the existing harness. You just need to add a wire to it.
I'm going to hook up an accelerometer to flash on fast halt so I get an additional brake light when engine braking.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Absolute Zero Premium

SupraMK86

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 3.0 Premium
The third brake light wire is the black/red wire. It goes under the head liner which is where I tapped into it.

M4VTg9R.jpg
Great job! I want the fog light to only light up with the brakes. I am assuming I should only tap it into the BLK/RED high mount brake light wire which is in your picture?

Evoh

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Great job! I want the fog light to only light up with the brakes. I am assuming I should only tap it into the BLK/RED high mount brake light wire which is in your picture?
That is correct.

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
Great job on this discovery!

And yet another mod to my list of future add-ons. ??

-RJM

METAL

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium (Tungsten Silver)
@Evoh have you tried or do you think adding a kahtec stop blink to the 4th brake light would work. Will it go inline with the additional wire that was added?

Edit: I think I have it figured out, just need to confirm which wire is ground on the fog light. Brown?
Sponsored

Last edited: