Share your MY 2021 Deal!

Mountain_Bound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
16' Wrangler Rubicon, 13' 4Runner Trail, 13' R56S
A lot of sales techniques here. I don't see how this works on anyone that has half a mind to do their own research before going into a dealership. Seems like they just prey uneducated buyers.
I've come to this conclusion as well. I think they get used to dealing with uneducated buyers so they are thrown off when someone walks in and has done a little research. Almost offended by it.

It took me 6 dealers to get my A91 edition for msrp. And after I made the purchase three of those dealers called me trying to still sell to me for markup, my reply was a picture of the car...
Were these all local dealerships that had the a91 or did you have to search nationwide? Other than msrp, options, delivery, taxes, etc did you have to pay any sort of fee's on top? I tried working a deal on an a91 and they acted like they were doing some sort of favor removing their $5k markup but leaving around a grand of bs fee's on top of it.
Sponsored

HenryA91

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Refraction Blue A91
I've come to this conclusion as well. I think they get used to dealing with uneducated buyers so they are thrown off when someone walks in and has done a little research. Almost offended by it.

Were these all local dealerships that had the a91 or did you have to search nationwide? Other than msrp, options, delivery, taxes, etc did you have to pay any sort of fee's on top? I tried working a deal on an a91 and they acted like they were doing some sort of favor removing their $5k markup but leaving around a grand of bs fee's on top of it.
All within an hour of where I live. Only fee was a $400 document fee that I could not get them to budge on.

Mountain_Bound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
All within an hour of where I live. Only fee was a $400 document fee that I could not get them to budge on.
Gotcha. Nice you had so many local a91 choices. Yea the whole document and handling fee's are frustrating. I'm sure if a person dug deep enough there's some sort of clause stating it's just extra profit. I know $400 isn't a huge deal when you're talking about a $57k vehicle but it's that along with all the other stuff they are trying to charge for.

Samk_AR

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
07 Cayman S, 04 4runner, 17 Subauru FXT, etc...
It took me 6 dealers to get my A91 edition for msrp. And after I made the purchase three of those dealers called me trying to still sell to me for markup, my reply was a picture of the car...
I just don't get why some dealers are advertising 4K off MSRP and others won't budge.

I had a quote for $54,083 for an A91 with an MSRP of $58,600 at the end of Oct. I have a car I need to sell first so I couldn't make it happen in time.

Saturday I went to Reliable Toyota in Springfield, Mo because they had a Refraction A91 without the decals. I told them I was ready to buy today.

I told them in advance that I'd been quoted a great price on an a91 previously. I mentioned that I knew about the rebate and special financing offers for Nov. I had $ for down payment i had my own financing secured if I needed it. I said I would not pay MSRP.

They offered to come down $1000 (less than rebate amount) and only offered me $11k for my 100k mile 2007 Cayman S as a trade. So, skip that place.

Weird that all of the bad sales practices are happening at somewhere like Toyota. I've helped numerous friends and family members buy cars around me and never had worse luck trying to buy a car. Same thing happened when my wife thought she wanted a Prius nothing but BS and forceful sales tactics.

I guess my search will continue...

Mountain_Bound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
never had worse luck trying to buy a car......nothing but BS and forceful sales tactics
Sounds like the same issue's I'm running into here in Colorado with local dealerships. Hardly anything for a solid trade but I guess at least they offered to come down $1000 plus the rebate. They took the rebate off for me then added about a grand in fee's lol. I said no thanks...

Samk_AR

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
07 Cayman S, 04 4runner, 17 Subauru FXT, etc...
Sounds like the same issue's I'm running into here in Colorado with local dealerships. Hardly anything for a solid trade but I guess at least they offered to come down $1000 plus the rebate. They took the rebate off for me then added about a grand in fee's lol. I said no thanks...

What's worse is that the refraction car is listed for 55.9k on Autotrader which is a lower price than they quoted me in the dealership.

Seems like patience is the name of the game in this search.

heckyeahbro69

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
X5
I was quoted $1500/mo by yet another dealer. Crazy these places think someone would actually lease a $57k car for the amount of money you could finance a $100k car. I did get a $659 (pre tax) quote which is the best so far but the guy won't send a price breakdown. I just have a feeling I'd drive 3 hours for them to say oh thats before this add on and that add on and it's non negotiable.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
I was quoted $1500/mo by yet another dealer. Crazy these places think someone would actually lease a $57k car for the amount of money you could finance a $100k car. I did get a $659 (pre tax) quote which is the best so far but the guy won't send a price breakdown. I just have a feeling I'd drive 3 hours for them to say oh thats before this add on and that add on and it's non negotiable.
Is your credit score 5? Then yeah it's $1500 a month lol. I'm leasing my A91 for a third.

heckyeahbro69

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
X5
Is your credit score 5? Then yeah it's $1500 a month lol. I'm leasing my A91 for a third.
It's a solid 6 lol. They have the residual as like 15k, so either they are clueless or just blatantly trying to rob me. I'll keep waiting for some end of year deals and see what comes up. I borrowed a friends car to get my fill for now.

Attachments

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
It's a solid 6 lol. They have the residual as like 15k, so either they are clueless or just blatantly trying to rob me. I'll keep waiting for some end of year deals and see what comes up. I borrowed a friends car to get my fill for now.
I got my residual at 36k so yeah something is fishy.

heckyeahbro69

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
X5
$701 with $2k out of pocket is so far the best I've been quoted. 12k miles, 36 months. What do you guys think? Should I wait more towards the end of the year to potentially save a few bucks? It's just annoying to me that my M3 lease was $737 a month on an $82k msrp car, so justifying $700 on a supra is tough.

Escapist

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 2016 Yamaha R1
Is the person who traded in their 2015 G Wagon for the Silver Supra at Bob Tyler here? Saw the truck today when I took my car in to get the clear bra fixed, I may buy it.

SpeedRacer

First Name
AP
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Red 3.0 Premium w/ all the Gulf States Toyota port options (it's the only way they're being delivered around here).

MSRP $58,458 (including delivery, excluding dealer add-ons)
Discount ($3,648)
Rebate ($1,500)
Sub-Total $53,310

Taxes & Reg $3,626
Dealer Doc Fee $150

Out the door $57,086
Financed 1.95% 66 months w/ local credit union (I intend to pay it off in 2-3 years)

The dealer added a few things to the car before I saw it...tint, some kind of ceramic coating, and a few other things ($995 claimed value) but I didn't pay for any of it.