Share your MY 2021 Deal!

dkmcclelland

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 GR Supra
How hard was negotiations to get that price?
It wasn’t too bad. The car had been on their lot for nearly 60 days. Two dealers here both had a red 3.0 Premium that had sat on the lot for over 55 days. I just negotiated with them both.

Were you going down 19th avenue yesterday? I saw a red supra.
Yeah! I live in the Sunset
Sponsored

H2O_Doc

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M240i, Wrangler, MB GLA 250
I have to revise my earlier post. We had a deal, but not enough time to finish the paperwork and I went home for the evening with intent to buy. I got a offer froma MD dealership late morning the following day that was $800 lower than the VA dealership. When I told the VA dealership, they honored the difference. So, the deal I got was as follows:

2021 3.0 Premium with Driver Assist (Tungsten)
  • MSRP: $56,251
  • Price with discounts and rebate: $48,954
  • With doc fee: $49,85
This was the vehicle price before tax, title, and tags.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
Love seeing more and more people getting these for under $50k! That's how much they should have been priced in the first damn place.
I disagree. They were priced VERY well at MSRP. You get a ton of performance, styling, and quality for the money. The BMW equivalent is at least $10k more, the Audi equivalent $15k more, and the Porsche equivalent $35k more.

Escapist

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 2016 Yamaha R1
I disagree. They were priced VERY well at MSRP. You get a ton of performance, styling, and quality for the money. The BMW equivalent is at least $10k more, the Audi equivalent $15k more, and the Porsche equivalent $35k more.
The car isn't fast enough nor has the features to cost $55k+ but if you're happy with your purchase then that's all that matters.

diablo2112

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 BMW M3 Competition
I agree with this, very much. The Supra MSRP is great value in this segment. My only quibble with the above is that you've underestimated the difference for some of these competitors. An equivalent BMW Z4 - with the same features as the 2021 Supra - would cost closer to $20k more, not $10k. To be fair, you said "at least" which is true.

We were serious shoppers in this price range, and I did a few months of careful research. The only car that came close to this value was the new C8. That's on multi-month wait lists and selling well above MSRP at the moment. Perhaps the closet competitor to the Supra was either the F-Type or various Porsches. In that league, the Supra is an incredible bargain at MSRP.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The car isn't fast enough nor has the features to cost $55k+ but if you're happy with your purchase then that's all that matters.
It's as fast to 60 as a $100k base 911 Carrera. And since It's Porsche, everything is an optional extra, so it has more features too.

diablo2112

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 BMW M3 Competition
I’ll bite. Name any other new car under $55k that bone-stock does 0-60mph in the Road & Track reported time of 3.6s. And while you’re at it, what ”features” are missing that you’ll find on comparable models?

IMHO, the Supra is literally loaded compared to all its competitors. Easily the most feature-rich sports car you can buy at any price under about $100k.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I’ll bite. Name any other new car under $55k that bone-stock does 0-60mph in the Road & Track reported time of 3.6s. And while you’re at it, what ”features” are missing that you’ll find on comparable models?

IMHO, the Supra is literally loaded compared to all its competitors. Easily the most feature-rich sports car you can buy at any price under about $100k.
Exactly.

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
I want to smoke what your smoking...... lmao ?

autopc25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
push cart
A new 2021 Premium with the driver package can be bought for about $50K-$51K now due to discounts and rebates.

Just curious? What would you consider is a better new car for $50K? Or even for the full MSRP of $55k-$56K? It does not even have to be better, just comparable.

Last edited:

autopc25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
push cart
It's great to see people getting these for $50k or under, but imo the MSRP isn't that outrageous. The issue that others and myself have are the retarded stealerships with $10k-$20k mark ups. :thumbsdown:
Sport cars sales are seasonal. It's winter and there are cash rebates now. It's also much later in the model year. There are definitely more deals now. The deals might even get better when there are announcements of the 2022 models soon as 2021s come to an end.

Dealer that are marking up $10K-$20K are nuts and will die with the car in inventory. I don't care what the demand is or what part of the country they are in. These cars are not in short supple in most markets. A car can be shipped anywhere in the nation in a secure enclosed trailer for $2K-$3K.
Sponsored