Share your MY 2021 Deal!

Mountain_Bound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
16' Wrangler Rubicon, 13' 4Runner Trail, 13' R56S
Currently, a dealership is giving me 61k OTD. Seems a lot for a supra..... but this is included with the $1500 cash offer from Toyota as well. What would be a good deal for OTD? Sorry, I'm new to buying vehicles as well.
OTD is a hard one to compare to as it's dependent on your dealerships fee's, city and state sales tax rates. At 61k you are probably close compared to what I would be looking at.

$57050 msrp
-$1500 rebate
Dealer D&H $626.20
Vin etching $299.00
Total before sales tax +$56475.20
Sales tax 8.44% $4766.51
Total OTD = $61241.71

Retrned

First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Absolute Zero Supra 3.0
OTD is a hard one to compare to as it's dependent on your dealerships fee's, city and state sales tax rates. At 61k you are probably close compared to what I would be looking at.

$57050 msrp
-$1500 rebate
Dealer D&H $626.20
Vin etching $299.00
Total before sales tax +$56475.20
Sales tax 8.44% $4766.51
Total OTD = $61241.71
You are on point. That's fairly close. I am in Cali too so taxes are off the roof. I just asked to see if we can negotiate for a lower price but he said 61k is the best we can do. I was trying to aim something lower than what we have right now.

Mountain_Bound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
16' Wrangler Rubicon, 13' 4Runner Trail, 13' R56S
You are on point. That's fairly close. I am in Cali too so taxes are off the roof. I just asked to see if we can negotiate for a lower price but he said 61k is the best we can do. I was trying to aim something lower than what we have right now.
I hear that. From what I've seen posted on this forum, people are getting great deals on these cars, it just depends on if the dealer wants to negotiate or not. My dealer and sounds like yours as well just doesn't. It's really frustrating. I'm almost thinking about just waiting, we are approaching winter here in Colorado anyways so I wont be able to enjoy the car much here soon enough. The deals will only get better the longer they sit. I remember just a couple months ago people were getting 2020 premiums for upper $40k's. If I could get an a91 for around $53k-$54k plus sales tax I do it but this dealer is adding on all these fee's jacking the price up. Err..

joshthorsc

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Camaro ZL1 1LE, 2021 GR Supra
Email several dealerships and wait it out if you have to. Best time to buy is usually towards the end of the month when each dealership has to report their sales and usually more desperate to sell. I got $4k off MSRP for my 2021 3.0 premium and even then I felt I could have gotten more off if I tried but it's very tiresome to penny pinch them. I just told them I was looking for the best price possible and willing to purchase by this week or today. A few dealership offered me $1k-2k off but Elk Grove Toyota took off $4k so they won my business. Also tell them you're cross shopping between the C8 vette, C7 vette, mustangs, Camaro, etc. Even of you're not looking for other models just say it anyway. A little dealer anxiety doesn't hurt, lol. Just make sure you name cars that are comparable in price ranges like the bullitt, gt350, zl1, hellcats, srt8s, etc.

Got my Supra for $53.5k before tax. MSRP was $57.8k. Shop around and email them that way you never have to show up in person until you're ready to sign the papers. A good rule of thumb my coworker (ex car saleaman) told me is if you get around 6-7% off the MSRP then you got yourself a pretty good deal. I had never paid MSRP for any of my new car purchases. Even if the dealership has rebates you have to negotiate because they're still getting their rebate(s) money after the sale.

The new supras are not limited production vehicles so it's not too difficult to negotiate a good price for one. Happy shopping.

Retrned

First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Absolute Zero Supra 3.0
Email several dealerships and wait it out if you have to. Best time to buy is usually towards the end of the month when each dealership has to report their sales and usually more desperate to sell. I got $4k off MSRP for my 2021 3.0 premium and even then I felt I could have gotten more off if I tried but it's very tiresome to penny pinch them. I just told them I was looking for the best price possible and willing to purchase by this week or today. A few dealership offered me $1k-2k off but Elk Grove Toyota took off $4k so they won my business. Also tell them you're cross shopping between the C8 vette, C7 vette, mustangs, Camaro, etc. Even of you're not looking for other models just say it anyway. A little dealer anxiety doesn't hurt, lol. Just make sure you name cars that are comparable in price ranges like the bullitt, gt350, zl1, hellcats, srt8s, etc.

Got my Supra for $53.5k before tax. MSRP was $57.8k. Shop around and email them that way you never have to show up in person until you're ready to sign the papers. A good rule of thumb my coworker (ex car saleaman) told me is if you get around 6-7% off the MSRP then you got yourself a pretty good deal. I had never paid MSRP for any of my new car purchases. Even if the dealership has rebates you have to negotiate because they're still getting their rebate(s) money after the sale.

The new supras are not limited production vehicles so it's not too difficult to negotiate a good price for one. Happy shopping.
Thank you. Are you in Norcal?

joshthorsc

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Camaro ZL1 1LE, 2021 GR Supra

heckyeahbro69

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
X5
Solid deal. I've been getting quoted between 850 and 1500 (lol) a month to lease one. None of the dealers I've contacted have been willing to discount the car at all. I'd jump on your deal all day long. Also, they have all said 12k miles a year is the lowest they can do.

Dwin

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91
Solid deal. I've been getting quoted between 850 and 1500 (lol) a month to lease one. None of the dealers I've contacted have been willing to discount the car at all. I'd jump on your deal all day long. Also, they have all said 12k miles a year is the lowest they can do.
I have been shopping around also. Haven't met a sales person that genuine yet after 6 toyota dealerships.

OP
OP
Powaup

Powaup

First Name
Clyde
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Youtube.com
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Supra
My broker still has more cars available if interested here’s the link. https://forum.leasehackr.com/t/2020...0ZN6yyagpkeMdHNw2E3IsLFPveOlaAAd_MaVozi0lSH3A

To get good leases on Supras you have to lease through US Bank because they have better rates. Also, with US bank you’re allowed to transfer the lease unlike Toyota

DeathGoddess

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3.0
My queen was delivered this week!! I couldn't be more excited!

2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium in absolute zero (pearl white)
New under 5 miles delivered to my house (which added miles)
Purchased from Toyota of Orange (Orange County - Southern California)
Sales Rep Edward Reyes (fabulous)
General Manager Greg Vernon (excellent)
MSRP $58,255 which includes safety package, wheel locks, mats, paint protection (hood & entry), delivery

I also purchased:
1. Maintenance 'Toyota Auto Care' package for $1,883
2. Extended Warranty 'Toyota Extra Care' package for $3,877 (8 years)
*They applied a $1,500 credit towards warranties so I felt like it was worth it. Plus with BMW parts, engineering, this resolves *most* of my doubts.

*Financing through Wescom Credit Union 2.69% 60 months. I applied with PenFed Credit Union (Pentagon Federal), they are known for excellent rates and they offered 2.89% with a new account. I'm already a member of Wecom for 27+ years so I also applied with them for comparison. They initially quoted 2.99% but the final loan docs I received 2.69%. Such a miracle!! I clearly have fabulous credit/income...

I previously financed with Toyota but at the moment they just can't compete with the credit unions. They beat them in the past but not this time. End of year they may continue to drop rates and push out additional $$$ incentives.

I worked with FOUR dealerships to find my beauty! As a single woman they were complete A$$holes... the demeaning questions and man'splaining was shocking and I know they were really trying to hold back, be on their best behavior and sell me a car. Lolololo

I was honest and told them the following BEFORE I showed up to any dealership:
1. I have 100% financing
2. I'm not putting anything down
3. I'm already approved at a phenomenal rate
4. I won't pay any markups
5. I want pearl white, 2021 3.0 premium
6. (After dealing with games I also added) if they continued to drag me along with their lies I would buy a used Tesla S with super low mileage and dump Toyota dealerships all together. That was super fun to say... lolololo
7. I also insisted they confirm the TOTAL out the door price
8. Verify the car was in fact available on their lot (not another dealership trade)

3 dealerships lied and dragged me along, triangulating and other lame sales tactics that are just out right embarrassing. They will not tell you where your car is located so you can't buy it directly. The Toyota website sucks at inventory searches. Plus the site will show 8 Supra's at one dealership, when in fact they only have one and the wrong color and specs. They admitted they do not update their online inventory once the car sells. Shocker!

Toyota of Orange was completely honest and treated me like a princess with complete VIP status. I highly recommend them above all the other local dealers. They asked me what I wanted, listened and provided without hesitation or question.

Good luck finding your dream baby!! I'm absolutely thrilled!!

Attachments

Dwin

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91
My queen was delivered this week!! I couldn't be more excited!

2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium in absolute zero (pearl white)
New under 5 miles delivered to my house (which added miles)
Purchased from Toyota of Orange (Orange County - Southern California)
Sales Rep Edward Reyes (fabulous)
General Manager Greg Vernon (excellent)
MSRP $58,255 which includes safety package, wheel locks, mats, paint protection (hood & entry), delivery

I also purchased:
1. Maintenance 'Toyota Auto Care' package for $1,883
2. Extended Warranty 'Toyota Extra Care' package for $3,877 (8 years)
*They applied a $1,500 credit towards warranties so I felt like it was worth it. Plus with BMW parts, engineering, this resolves *most* of my doubts.

*Financing through Wescom Credit Union 2.69% 60 months. I applied with PenFed Credit Union (Pentagon Federal), they are known for excellent rates and they offered 2.89% with a new account. I'm already a member of Wecom for 27+ years so I also applied with them for comparison. They initially quoted 2.99% but the final loan docs I received 2.69%. Such a miracle!! I clearly have fabulous credit/income...

I previously financed with Toyota but at the moment they just can't compete with the credit unions. They beat them in the past but not this time. End of year they may continue to drop rates and push out additional $$$ incentives.

I worked with FOUR dealerships to find my beauty! As a single woman they were complete A$$holes... the demeaning questions and man'splaining was shocking and I know they were really trying to hold back, be on their best behavior and sell me a car. Lolololo

I was honest and told them the following BEFORE I showed up to any dealership:
1. I have 100% financing
2. I'm not putting anything down
3. I'm already approved at a phenomenal rate
4. I won't pay any markups
5. I want pearl white, 2021 3.0 premium
6. (After dealing with games I also added) if they continued to drag me along with their lies I would buy a used Tesla S with super low mileage and dump Toyota dealerships all together. That was super fun to say... lolololo
7. I also insisted they confirm the TOTAL out the door price
8. Verify the car was in fact available on their lot (not another dealership trade)

3 dealerships lied and dragged me along, triangulating and other lame sales tactics that are just out right embarrassing. They will not tell you where your car is located so you can't buy it directly. The Toyota website sucks at inventory searches. Plus the site will show 8 Supra's at one dealership, when in fact they only have one and the wrong color and specs. They admitted they do not update their online inventory once the car sells. Shocker!

Toyota of Orange was completely honest and treated me like a princess with complete VIP status. I highly recommend them above all the other local dealers. They asked me what I wanted, listened and provided without hesitation or question.

Good luck finding your dream baby!! I'm absolutely thrilled!!

Congrats!

I went to 6 dealerships this past week and they all had their quirks of trying to sell me after I told them the terms I wanted. I told every single one of them I would not pay a mark up even on an A91 Edition. All of them told me it was impossible for me to get the rates I wanted and that I was making up numbers in my head. I know that they are doing their job but at least have some integrity in dealing with a smart customer that shops around and won't put up with their white lies.

Dwin

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91
A lot of sales techniques here. I don't see how this works on anyone that has half a mind to do their own research before going into a dealership. Seems like they just prey uneducated buyers.

HenryA91

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Refraction Blue A91
Congrats!

I went to 6 dealerships this past week and they all had their quirks of trying to sell me after I told them the terms I wanted. I told every single one of them I would not pay a mark up even on an A91 Edition. All of them told me it was impossible for me to get the rates I wanted and that I was making up numbers in my head. I know that they are doing their job but at least have some integrity in dealing with a smart customer that shops around and won't put up with their white lies.
It took me 6 dealers to get my A91 edition for msrp. And after I made the purchase three of those dealers called me trying to still sell to me for markup, my reply was a picture of the car...
Sponsored