SPIED: Mystery Toyota Supra Spotted Testing - 2025 GRMN Model?

What do you guys think we're looking at?

• GRMN

Votes: 45 18.9%
  • Facelift / Minor Refresh

Votes: 55 23.1%
  • Special / Final Edition

Votes: 138 58.0%

• Total voters

Tacoma714

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra A91 CU Later Grey, 2015 Taccoma, 2013 A
We should have heard something by now
If it turns out to be smoke and mirrors the past couple years on a GRMN MKV, then even better for anyone who purchased a 2020-2024 model because it would not have changed. Having seen the camouflage videos, they got something coming but it could just be a couple upgrades like better brakes or suspension. We all forget Toyota or any other company is in this to make money only. It has to make sense to them financially.
Sponsored

GRMan

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Too many
If it turns out to be smoke and mirrors the past couple years on a GRMN MKV, then even better for anyone who purchased a 2020-2024 model because it would not have changed. Having seen the camouflage videos, they got something coming but it could just be a couple upgrades like better brakes or suspension. We all forget Toyota or any other company is in this to make money only. It has to make sense to them financially.
All the higher performance variants from GR got more than brakes and suspension upgrades so it is a bit baseless to believe the upcoming performance variant will only receive new suspension and brakes

Look at the GRMN Yaris, GR Corolla Morizo, 2016 86 GRMN. They all have different engine mappings with a higher power output

The fact that Toyota dropped a commercial 2 weeks ago, with a GR Supra in racing decals and a big wing parked along side a standard Supra at the Fuji Speedway hotel is a dead giveaway something special Is upcoming

The Supra is low volumn so the platform doesn’t make much financial sense and the recently added MT also doesn’t make much financial sense but they are here. Therefore I don’t believe financial sense is the only and most important factor in the spec of the GRMN. I mean as long as Toyota is not losing money on the car then the assessment of the return on investment will not be purely based on how much money the car makes directly.

Last edited:

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.
I think you are on the money. The last Supra will likely be another minor upgrade.. maybe some bigger brakes and a minor remap.. and canards, really? 😂

As for a Supra GRMN, everything Toyota has done with GRMN cars has been largely disappointing.. and despite the exclusivity, relatively minor. Also, as the GRMN cars are generally exclusive to certain territories, it makes them completely detached from consumers shopping for regular (our) cars. This is a good thing for us as GRMN cars don't meaningfully supersede and therefore devalue what's already in our garage.

And I'm with you, when the MY24 was announced with fuck all changes I was at the front cheering. In fact, the MY24 changes only improved my Nitro yellow as they discontinued it!

Look at the GRMN Yaris, GR Corolla Morizo, 2016 86 GRMN. They all have different engine mappings with a higher power output.
Firstly, the Morizo isn't a GRMN.. and from what I understand the mappings are relatively minor improvements - those who are awaiting an s58 improvement are going to be very disappointed.

The fact that Toyota dropped a commercial 2 weeks ago, with a GR Supra in racing decals and a big wing parked along side a standard Supra at the Fuji Speedway hotel is a dead giveaway something special Is upcoming
Sorry but it really doesn't. The cars in the video have already been identified and they're modified by external parties and not Toyota. All "super" variants of the Supra have thus far been very disappointing: Every US special edition is essentially a gatekeeper to a "special" colour with near zero meaningful improvements over the regular "premium" model. Some were even missing a HUD!

I personally hope the Supra disappears with a whimper which will only strengthen our own purchases. And I'd suggest a lot of evidence is pointing towards this eventuality: Nevermind the low sales figures - it's the lowered production numbers which are telling: Toyota is actively reducing their commitment to the car which is counter to your "dead giveaways."

We'll just have to wait and see.. but 2025 is almost upon us!

Kiske

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1988 FC3S, 2015 Evo X FE, 2018 tS, 2021 A90 3.0
It's crazy to me they haven't even gave us basic packages. I mean they have the entire GR Garage TRD catalogue of aero/performance parts and they haven't even offered it as an add-on/special edition. Never mind the effort spent on the A91-CF's accents.

IIRC the 1st Gen 86 even had 2-3 aero packages offered as special editions (like the RS1.0)

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
I got some updated news about this. It will have water injection from the F-Series M4 GTS, an adjustable splitter that extends from 2" to 4" depending on your needs. Full GT4 rear spoiler with GT4 hood vent. It will have two B48 engines, one in the front and one in the rear, naturally with AWD, and a 48v electric engine assist on both engines which will boost the power +120whp when active.

It will come with the updated M carbon buckets, M steering rack, M steering wheel. They will be going back to the M DCT transmission but this time with 10 gears. M rear diff from the M6 and full spherical bearing suspension arms all around, the arms made from carbon fiber.

They will be offering it in four colors. White, Red, Brooklyn Grey and Java Green Metallic. For the over 55yr old buyer, they offer pinstripes and two racing stripes in contrasting color depending on the paint color you choose. It will also come with a navigation system from 1994 for that same crowd, voice directions by Morgan Freeman or Salma Hayek, your choice.

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
I got some updated news about this. It will have water injection from the F-Series M4 GTS, an adjustable splitter that extends from 2" to 4" depending on your needs. Full GT4 rear spoiler with GT4 hood vent. It will have two B48 engines, one in the front and one in the rear, naturally with AWD, and a 48v electric engine assist on both engines which will boost the power +120whp when active.

It will come with the updated M carbon buckets, M steering rack, M steering wheel. They will be going back to the M DCT transmission but this time with 10 gears. M rear diff from the M6 and full spherical bearing suspension arms all around, the arms made from carbon fiber.

They will be offering it in four colors. White, Red, Brooklyn Grey and Java Green Metallic. For the over 55yr old buyer, they offer pinstripes and two racing stripes in contrasting color depending on the paint color you choose. It will also come with a navigation system from 1994 for that same crowd, voice directions by Morgan Freeman or Salma Hayek, your choice.
Bro drops all this inside knowledge but fails to mention what oil it will use. For shame…

Captain_Kirk

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
?
https://bestcarweb.jp/news/scoop/823098

Since the first report in 2020, little information about Supra GRMN has occasionally leaked out. A certain captain would probably shout, ``What's going on with the development of the Supra GRMN!'', but it is said that it is finally entering its final stages. What kind of car will it be? Check out the details!

*This article is from March 2024
Text/Best Car Editorial Department, Photo/Best Car Editorial Department, TOYOTA
First published: “Best Car” April 10, 2024 issue

When I searched the back issues, I found that the July 26, 2020 issue was the first to carry this information. That was 3 years and 9 months ago. It's a story from the past that seems to have become a distant memory.

This is the scoop information on Supra GRMN. When I reread the article from that time, it says it will be released in 2023. I'm sorry. It hasn't come out yet.

Why is it taking so long? There was some suspicion that they might have stopped development altogether, but I haven't heard anything like that. It seems that development is taking a lot of time due to circumstances that are unknown to outsiders...

As I was thinking about this, information came to me for the first time in a while. Development of the Supra GRMN is still progressing, and it is said to be nearing the final stage. you're late! But I'm happy....

According to the information, it seems to be a GRMN specification that is particular about running, and features detailed aerodynamic parts. There are small canards on the left and right ends of the front, and a lip spoiler is attached below. A large GT wing sits at the rear.

I remember seeing it somewhere... Yes, it is the Supra GT4, a race-only car.

The Supra GT4 is a ``commercially available race car,'' and since its release in Europe in March 2020, cumulative production will reach 100 units in April 2023. The latest GT4EVO is priced at 186,000 euros (approximately 30.21 million yen) for the base model.

In other words, the Supra GRMN is a commercially available car packed with the technical know-how of the GT4 racing car. Let's get into the details.

■Available as a limited model of 200 units

The engine is of course a straight 6, 3L turbo. Initially, there were rumors that it would be equipped with the BMW M3's S58B 510ps engine, but the latest information is that this is not the case. It will be powered up from the current GR Supra's B58B type 387ps.

The power specs are unknown, but the GT4 machine is displaying 430ps (actually due to race category performance adjustment), and the GRMN specification is also sure to be over 400ps.

The transmission is 7-speed DCT (dual clutch 2-pedal MT). This will be Toyota's first DCT, but a 3-pedal 6-speed manual transmission may also be available, although this has not been confirmed.

What we can put more effort into is strengthening the body and suspension. The body has been strengthened with GRMN standard menu items such as additional spot welding and extending the area where structural adhesive can be used, and a special suspension and special brakes have been adopted. The brakes are heat-resistant drilled discs with red-painted calipers with 6 pods at the front and 4 pods at the rear.

When the GR Supra was improved in April 2022, the damper, active LSD, and electric power steering settings were changed (6-speed MT was also added at the same time), resulting in a significant improvement in driving quality. Given the high level of the base, expectations for the GRMN specifications are only increasing.

Weight reduction is also a must. In addition to using carbon materials for the engine hood, roof, front lip spoiler, rear wing, etc., the interior also uses exclusive lightweight items. Although the exact numbers are unknown, it is likely that the weight will be reduced by 20 to 30 kg.

This GRMN specification will be the last special model of the GR Supra. It is expected to appear early next year, but it could be announced as early as this year.

Needless to say, the GR Supra, the last and strongest pure engine, is a precious one. The price is in the 12 million to 13 million yen class, and the information is that it will be a limited model with only 200 units produced in Japan.

It is also highly valuable as a collector's item, and there is a strong possibility that there will be competition for it all over the world. If you are lucky enough to be considering purchasing one, you should start looking at retailers now.

Supra GRMN finally comes out. It was worth the wait! It will be released as a car that you can feel.

-Toyota Supra GRMN expected specifications
- Overall length x width x height: 4410 x 1870 x 1295mm
- Wheelbase: 2470mm -
Vehicle weight: 1500kg - Engine: Straight 6
, 3L twin scroll turbo
- Maximum output/maximum torque: 420ps/52.0kgm
Transmission: 7-speed DCT
・Drive system: FR
・Release date: Spring 2025
・Estimated price: 12 million to 13 million yen
01_supraGRMN_s_SCOOP_02.jpg

02_supraGRMN_s_SCOOP_03.jpg

AHP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium, 2022 C8 HTC, 2019 Z06
Vehicle Showcase
Bigger and better looking spoiler than the mule posted a few months back. Also a hood scoop has been added.

Marsone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ISF, FRS
It's crazy to me they haven't even gave us basic packages. I mean they have the entire GR Garage TRD catalogue of aero/performance parts and they haven't even offered it as an add-on/special edition. Never mind the effort spent on the A91-CF's accents.

IIRC the 1st Gen 86 even had 2-3 aero packages offered as special editions (like the RS1.0)
I think it has to be production constraints or something similar. I know it’s not that big of a deal, but every other GR car even gets cool GR/86 branded formats, where the Supra gets nada. I guess we do get the optional branded trunk mat but still, you get the point.

Mori

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
‘23 A90
The transmission is 7-speed DCT (dual clutch 2-pedal MT). This will be Toyota's first DCT, but a 3-pedal 6-speed manual transmission may also be available, although this has not been confirmed
DCT would be interesting if this has any truth to it

Kujiwara

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Supra AT Stratosphere, GLI32, SVT Cobra
Remap? I don't see that being very attainable, 382hp is the highest output from a non mild hybrid B58 available. They're not gonna go thru all the trouble of emissions and economy testing just for a Supra. In the slim chance of using a S58 there could be a power bump.
ZF8 for sure, 6MT maybe, would work regardless of B58 or S58
Brakes and big wheels? Sure
Light weight package? Maybe, the hood has louvres, but standard hood was already all aluminum. No radar module on the spy car but neither does some of the MT press cars we've seen last year.
Rear wing? Nothing desirable about that dinky wing with non-existent end plates in the picture.
Sportier seats? Welcomed
Retuned and lower suspension? Most definitely
All that is assuming if there is a slightly hotter Supra in the current form, instead of BMW using the Supra as camouflage to develop a Z4M.
As much as I'd like to see a really hot GRMN Supra to actually run the ring officially and smoke the M2C, I don't think we should get our hopes up too high.
Sponsored