SPIED: Mystery Toyota Supra Spotted Testing - 2025 GRMN Model?

What do you guys think we're looking at?

• GRMN

Votes: 45 18.9%
  • Facelift / Minor Refresh

Votes: 55 23.1%
  • Special / Final Edition

Votes: 138 58.0%

• Total voters

noogie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Supra
200 units and only in Japan. May as well be a Gran Turismo car lol.

it’s cool that Toyota created a “club spec” Supra.

if lap time is the main goal, you can do cheaper and better with tires and a nice set of coilovers though.

Bryster

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nothing,considering a Civic DX

if lap time is the main goal, you can do cheaper and better with tires and a nice set of coilovers though.
I'm hoping the bit about a manual option is true

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.

I wouldn't believe one bit of anything these speculative news outlets are spewing.

GRMan

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Too many
I think you are on the money. The last Supra will likely be another minor upgrade.. maybe some bigger brakes and a minor remap.. and canards, really? 😂

As for a Supra GRMN, everything Toyota has done with GRMN cars has been largely disappointing.. and despite the exclusivity, relatively minor. Also, as the GRMN cars are generally exclusive to certain territories, it makes them completely detached from consumers shopping for regular (our) cars. This is a good thing for us as GRMN cars don't meaningfully supersede and therefore devalue what's already in our garage.

And I'm with you, when the MY24 was announced with fuck all changes I was at the front cheering. In fact, the MY24 changes only improved my Nitro yellow as they discontinued it!

Firstly, the Morizo isn't a GRMN.. and from what I understand the mappings are relatively minor improvements - those who are awaiting an s58 improvement are going to be very disappointed.

Sorry but it really doesn't. The cars in the video have already been identified and they're modified by external parties and not Toyota. All "super" variants of the Supra have thus far been very disappointing: Every US special edition is essentially a gatekeeper to a "special" colour with near zero meaningful improvements over the regular "premium" model. Some were even missing a HUD!

I personally hope the Supra disappears with a whimper which will only strengthen our own purchases. And I'd suggest a lot of evidence is pointing towards this eventuality: Nevermind the low sales figures - it's the lowered production numbers which are telling: Toyota is actively reducing their commitment to the car which is counter to your "dead giveaways."

We'll just have to wait and see.. but 2025 is almost upon us!
A Morizo is a higher variant of the GR Corolla, lol at the end it's just a name. The thing to look for is where it sits at the performance hierarchy.

Why you think the TOM'S Supra is on the commercial? Give me some lateral thinking here. Do you ever see a Mansory Porsche on a Porsche commercial?

US edition? It's not about the US market model, it's about the GRMN

You personally wished the GRMN doesn't appear so you little Supra get to be the final swansong hah? You little selfish thingy ha ha ha

Toyota just released the MT last year which you also have one and you think they are reducing their commitment on the Supra? Man, you are more lost in this game than I thought.

gixxersixxerman

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Why you think the TOM'S Supra is on the commercial? Give me some lateral thinking here. Do you ever see a Mansory Porsche on a Porsche commercial?

You act like this is the first commercial that had some type of modified Supra in it. Other Supra commercials had modified Supras also. Couple years ago they had 2 drift Supras in one. This isn’t anything special.

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.
You personally wished the GRMN doesn't appear so you little Supra get to be the final swansong hah? You little selfish thingy ha ha ha
A little perhaps, yes. It's always a little sad to be trumped by a newer model. Toyota hasn't really done that to us apart from the performance bump early and the manual transmission.

I couldn't care less about a Japan only edition I can select in a video game. 😂

Toyota just released the MT last year which you also have one and you think they are reducing their commitment on the Supra? Man, you are more lost in this game than I thought.
The manual did come late, I'll give you that but production is slated to end in 2025/26. You're hopes and dreams only have a little while to come to fruition mate.

orvillesd

First Name
Orville
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 2018 Civic Type R
I'll probably end up buying it....lawl, jk...not really, kinda...sorta...maybe 🤷‍♂️

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
It's 100% on brand with their Supra advertising for the past four years. They have always shown high performance cars. They did the same with the GRC.

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
A Morizo is a higher variant of the GR Corolla, lol at the end it's just a name. The thing to look for is where it sits at the performance hierarchy.

US edition? It's not about the US market model, it's about the GRMN

Because TOMs is basically an approved tuning company by Toyota. They literally sell TOMs parts at Toyota and GR dealers here in Japan.

Last edited:

Kujiwara

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Supra AT Stratosphere, GLI32, SVT Cobra
A TOM's wing does NOT make it a TOM's Supra. It could be as literal as what you see, a Fuji Speedway hotel display car, same with the blue MK3 JGT later in the film, it doesn't mean we are getting another Supra race car. It's just to give a vibe of high end living on a weekend with a Supra and lots and lots of Supras