Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
This is as confusing as turtles to tortoise.. one of them can’t swim.. :dunno:

Seems like you are "puzzled" at this thread??

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I did experience limp twice on my 2020. I was BM3 OTS STG1 tuned early on so I can't rule that out. Both times occured immediately after I slowed down then punched it. Well, one I had intended a power slide on a u-turn. Empty road.. traction, gizmos off..
Didn't really repeat... Didn't note things to root cause. BM3 came up with new builds, could be thst, or oil change, weather change, star alignment. I may have been listening to Limp Bizkit, dunno.
Regardless happened on a launch edition..

AP1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GR
I can’t believe you got Black Flagged at your track!!!
Nice Vids 👍

I got my Supra 2 months ago. The Toyota salesman sent out 1 video of the car just being dropped off at the dealership to 10 of our phones that were asking for a Supra. He said the fist guy here with 64K gets it. I was first. Thank God I was done with the paperwork because the guy behind me was pissed off and willing to pay 79K
This is insane. The whole point of this car for me was that it is $10K cheaper than equivalent native BMW. $79K is in M4 category, nowhere near what is Supra worth.

Regarding the engine - I used to own Mazda RX8. It naturally needed new engine every 50K miles or so. First swap was taken care under warranty, and I sold it when it was time for another one. Nevertheless that was most fun car I ever had.

OP
OP
Hywired

Hywired

First Name
Vago
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra 3.0 Premium “Turbulence Gray”
Yeah. Limp mode is to throttle hesitation as ham is to hamster.
This is insane. The whole point of this car for me was that it is $10K cheaper than equivalent native BMW. $79K is in M4 category, nowhere near what is Supra worth.

Regarding the engine - I used to own Mazda RX8. It naturally needed new engine every 50K miles or so. First swap was taken care under warranty, and I sold it when it was time for another one. Nevertheless that was most fun car I ever had.
Wow I never really noticed the Mazda RX.. Nice looking car. Is it me or is the Mazda a little Supra-ish or is the Super a little Mazda-ish…!
3A352763-5377-4DC8-ADE5-2727FD0059E8.jpeg

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
Reactions: zrk

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black

You really only need to swap RX8 engines once. The day you get it, to an LS.

OP
OP
Hywired

Hywired

First Name
Vago
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra 3.0 Premium “Turbulence Gray”
Are we talking about limp-mode, throttle hesitation, or oil consumption here? These are three completely different things that aren't related to each other in any way that I'm aware of. Throttle hesitation is not limp-mode, if your car is going into limp-mode it will have a CEL associated with it, and the code should tell you what is going on. Neither of those are related to oil consumption, and I don't see why an engine replacement would fix a throttle hesitation problem as I believe that's more of a sensor/ECU problem, not anything mechanically wrong with the engine itself.

In the “Throttle Hesitation” thread we were all under the same assumptions that the problem is (most likely) more of a sensor/ECU problem also. Exactly as you suggested. You couldn’t have explained it more eloquently!

Also, thank you for helping me see that I might have prematurely commingled my issues with my car with other Supra car problems. Separating these seemed to help see them clearly!

I understand combining his interpretation of “Limp Mode” and my problem of “Throttle Hesitation” maybe it got the better of me. I’m still searching for answers.

Getting sideswiped by another car because my car stalls out in traffic still freaks me out. When I get throttle hesitation from a dead stop I’ll press the gas pedal and it just chugs forward for a few feet, and the more I press the gas pedal the more it wants to just stall, But if I lay off the gas pedal and just tap it (feather the gas pedal) it will give me enough momentum to at least get out of the way of oncoming traffic.

Thanks for your help

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Wait... what!!!!! That was my wreck in this thread... Somewhere at the top. In regards to my accident, a poor older guy in his 80's (literally) pulled out in front of me. He claims he didn't see me at all and I totally believe him. It was the weirdest shit ever. I slammed on my brakes, car was brand spanking new, and there was simply not enough wiggle room. Not the car's fault at all. It was a freak accident. Scary as hell but an accident. I've never been in anything like it ever.

A totally different thread, I had some questions about limits for "limp-mode" for this car because I plan on tracking it. As far as "limp-mode" goes, that can happen to many of cars on track when driven long durations on full throttle w/out a lot of cool down in between.

I'm not sure I get this thread entirely but do want to be clear my accident wasn't any fault of "limp-mode" or "throttle-hesitation" or Toyoto related. In fact just the opposite, I went out and bought another. I was that impressed.

Last edited:

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
The real “Throttle Hesitation Thread”
on this forum is under this link:
https://www.supramkv.com/threads/throttle-hesitation.8938/

“Throttle Hesitation”

It’s only about 21 pages so far but it is growing and it is an issue for us that have it. It could be a $2 fix or it could be a new engine 2 years from now.

I was just blowing off steam here because I just came across that article about Toyota buying back the cars and or needing new engines replaced because the Supra is going limp at odd times.

A9DA4343-4B61-4536-93C0-A5E0875E6366.jpeg
B4B05722-53CB-41BA-977A-F2A4D5834AB7.jpeg
The main reason we’re all trying to help each other figure this out is because when we pull out into traffic and our car’s suddenly loses power we can get into very serious car accidents.

I love my Supra. I’m pretty sure we all do, But for those who don’t have this issue it’s just not real for you guys.
Just curious @Hywired, did my pics come from outside this forum? I'm thinking someone may have taken these pictures (from a different post in the forum) and associated it to another website?!? I was really clear on my original post it was an accident... So weird!!!!!!
Sponsored