• Total voters

Paolo

First Name
Paolo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 SUPRA
You Guys have a luxury car tax over they Aye ?
Yes, it's called "extortion" tax and was brought in at a time to protect the local car production industry.

Funny thing that's all gone now, (no more cars produced here) and yet they still charge luxury car tax.

Bureaucracy at its finest.

Last edited:

legacy_etu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 Supra, 16 Wrangler UNLTD
In the US? I'm in Colorado and sitting at about 34%, 40% isn't too outlandish if that includes everything.
Yes, Iā€™m in RI. Iā€™m not talking what tax bracket Iā€™m in Which is much higher than 10%.

autopc25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
push cart

suicidaleggroll

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2012 WRX
Yes, Iā€™m in RI. Iā€™m not talking what tax bracket Iā€™m in Which is much higher than 10%.
Right, I'm not talking about the tax bracket either, I'm talking about the overall tax rate including federal, state, medicare, social security, etc. For me that's around 34%. I believe the 40% he was referring to for AU was also "all in", if so it's not that different, especially considering that includes full healthcare.

autopc25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
push cart
In the US? I'm in Colorado and sitting at about 34%, 40% isn't too outlandish if that includes everything.
There is GST and maybe VAT? I agree 40% is still reasonable. That is probably similar to our northern neighbor Canada. Taxes in America can get pretty close to that. Then there is sales tax to consider. In Chicago the sales tax is over 10%. I have a feeling the future trend will be to increase taxes considering what happed with covid. At least they get something for their taxes. Having nationalized health care and education is huge. American health insurance for an average family of 4 is about $2K a month. Public or private education is not getting cheaper either.

Kiwi Greg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
terminatorproducts.co.nz
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2021 GR Yaris, 2022 GR86
I noticed you have a GR Yaris in your garage. It seems to be getting rave reviews all over the Globe. How do you like it?
Really cool little car, gets along pretty well, suspension is a little soft, don't "love" it yet like I do my Supra, but it is modified, hopefully once all my bits show up for it I will feel the same about my GRY

If someone said Supra or Yaris, the Yaris would go,

But the Yaris is a limited production car & is more special than the MK5 Supra

I intend to keep both long term

It will be interesting to see what the GR Corolla is when it shows up

I'm looking further forward to the GR Hilux :cool:

Sigg

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Mk5,Supra 2018 KTM SuperDuke, 21 sienna plat
Back to the thread topic. Both the Supra and C8 are among the best performance bargains in the automotive world. Largely in part because of how good new transmissions have become.
Indeed. C8 basically has a Tremmec PDK, we have the ZF8HP51. I feel lucky to be have the ZF8, the Toyota 8 and 10 speed is ok but man I love the ZF8. Glad they teamed up with beamer!

Islindur

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Had:Yellow 2l Have: Red 3l
Indeed. C8 basically has a Tremmec PDK, we have the ZF8HP51. I feel lucky to be have the ZF8, the Toyota 8 and 10 speed is ok but man I love the ZF8. Glad they teamed up with beamer!
I drove the PDK 718T this week, also have experience with DCT BMW M2C and I have to say, for a standard torque converted transmission the Supra ZF is great. Upshifts ale almost PDK fast, its the downshifts that are a bit slower, but really not by much.
8ZF ia good enough for Giulia QV, new M4, M8 and its going to be in new M2 too, thats says a lot. Its a great box imo and the manual leaver option is cool af, gives sequential box feel :D

21Supra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium, Honda CRV Hybrid Touring
Mother of god. Why in the hell are cars so expensive down unda?

Sigg

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Mk5,Supra 2018 KTM SuperDuke, 21 sienna plat
Just read an article that says GM c9 will go back to front engine
Thats gotta be April fools. I don't think it would make much sense as I'm sure the C9 will be a hybrid. They have the entire frunk to work with if they wanted to do a hybrid awd. But who knows. I just think it would be a huge step backwards!

Jediyogi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GR A90
We call it the Australia tax here...example an iphone 12 pro max is about $1850 AUD...genrally everything here is marked up about 70-100% compared to US pricing