First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twinskrulldesign.com
Car(s)
2023 M550i, 2023 M340i, 2021 Supra
Received in my new Armaspeed intake for the 2.0. I’ll try to install it this weekend and give my initial impressions and feedback.

The item shipped directly from Armaspeed in Taiwan and showed up to my office incredibly fast and packaged very well.

5E258379-7E8A-44C0-B4A1-5B75E3F947C2.jpeg

Ledesma16

First Name
Maximillian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Keep us updated. Ordered mine from a90 shop couple days ago. Very excited to hear how it sounds and feels

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
Received in my new Armaspeed intake for the 2.0. I’ll try to install it this weekend and give my initial impressions and feedback.

The item shipped directly from Armaspeed in Taiwan and showed up to my office incredibly fast and packaged very well.

5E258379-7E8A-44C0-B4A1-5B75E3F947C2.jpeg
Closely following this, please keep us updated.

-RJM

RenRed2

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 BMW M240i / 23 BMW M2
Drove down to St. Louis for a track day this past Sunday. The 2.0 Supra was really really impressive on the road course. Even with the stock Michelin PS tires, the grip was absolutely amazing. It had zero issues keeping up with cars twice the price and twice the power of the 2.0.

What was the most impressive was the rate of speed you can enter at turn in and leave on exits. I honestly have no idea what these brain-dead auto reviewers are complaining about regarding "not feeling the road or lack of steering feedback," because I did not get any of that from pushing the car hard for the entire day. The car gives great feedback and is very predictable around the track.

As it stands, the mods completed thus far are;

- Function Werks Catless DP
- H&R Lowering Springs
- SPL Traction Bars
- SPL Endlinks
- P2uned 6-Piston Big Brake Kit (Front) **Highly Recommended**
- OEM Front Hood Strut Braces
- Alignment

- Some interior and exterior cosmetic mods

9faAFmi.jpg

O9UEIx6.jpg

7JWMt6c.jpg

Possibly the nicest all round build on this forum. Useful powerful, yet with economical traits for fuel use and affordable given other 'track' options. Well done. Very professional. Thank you for providing such concise and sound input to this forum!

OP
OP
SupraMKV2.0

SupraMKV2.0

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twinskrulldesign.com
Car(s)
Quite possibly the easiest install I've ever done. I opted for the wrinkle black metal top Armaspeed intake system. This version still comes with a carbon fiber intake tube and metal surround...The only difference between the three versions is the style top (ie; Std. carbon fiber, forged carbon fiber, or wrinkle black metal).

The version I purchased was $580 through Armaspeed. The standard carbon fiber version was $750 and I didn't think it warranted a $170.00 premium over the version I purchased. This install took all of 15-20 minutes from beginning to end.

There are two silencer chambers on the 2.0 Supra intake system. One off of the turbo which still remains and the much larger one which is connected to the OEM air box. This one goes bye bye.

Initial impression is there are definitely more turbo and induction noises while still not being over bearing. From the driver's seat, it can be a little harder to hear if you're running the FW Catless downpipe which I am. I can't really comment on power gains, because if it added 5-10 HP...that amount wouldn't really be noticeable at the seat of your pants.

- The intake is very nice
- shipping was fast and packaging was excellent...It's worth the purchase
- It's very easy to install
- More turbo and inductions noises!
- Lighter than the OEM air box / system
- Maybe a handful more ponies at your disposal.
- Comes with a sweet keychain

Stock Intake....
8zKBVMZ.jpg

KCEjj2k.jpg

cwudiid.jpg

dM7j7e2.jpg

t8i38PZ.jpg

NJXoUmC.jpg

RenRed2

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 BMW M240i / 23 BMW M2
Quite possibly the easiest install I've ever done. I opted for the wrinkle black metal top Armaspeed intake system. This version still comes with a carbon fiber intake tube and metal surround...The only difference between the three versions is the style top (ie; Std. carbon fiber, forged carbon fiber, or wrinkle black metal).

The version I purchased was $580 through Armaspeed. The standard carbon fiber version was $750 and I didn't think it warranted a $170.00 premium over the version I purchased. This install took all of 15-20 minutes from beginning to end.

There are two silencer chambers on the 2.0 Supra intake system. One off of the turbo which still remains and the much larger one which is connected to the OEM air box. This one goes bye bye.

Initial impression is there are definitely more turbo and induction noises while still not being over bearing. From the driver's seat, it can be a little harder to hear if you're running the FW Catless downpipe which I am. I can't really comment on power gains, because if it added 5-10 HP...that amount wouldn't really be noticeable at the seat of your pants.

- The intake is very nice
- shipping was fast and packaging was excellent...It's worth the purchase
- It's very easy to install
- More turbo and inductions noises!
- Lighter than the OEM air box / system
- Maybe a handful more ponies at your disposal.
- Comes with a sweet keychain

Stock Intake....
8zKBVMZ.jpg

KCEjj2k.jpg

cwudiid.jpg

dM7j7e2.jpg

t8i38PZ.jpg

NJXoUmC.jpg
Intake is cool, but IM ALL ABOUT THAT KEYCHAIN :)

OP
OP
SupraMKV2.0

SupraMKV2.0

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twinskrulldesign.com
Car(s)

R_R8TED

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pixelatedgamer.com
Car(s)
2021 Supra MKV 3.0, 2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Just got this intake in as well. Actually working with Armaspeed on this one. I'll be posting pics and impressions as well next week! Love your build here ;b

DesertSupra2.0

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra 2.0 21 Camry TRD 18 RX350 19 Outback
Hi. Great build! I’m curious about the stock hp and torque numbers for the 2.0. I was wondering after reading this:

(Phase 1)
**I will be scheduling a dyno session for stock output and then post DP install**

If you have the stock hp and torque numbers, can you post them? I did a quick search and could not find them. Thanks!

OP
OP
SupraMKV2.0

SupraMKV2.0

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twinskrulldesign.com
Car(s)
Hi. Great build! I’m curious about the stock hp and torque numbers for the 2.0. I was wondering after reading this:

(Phase 1)
**I will be scheduling a dyno session for stock output and then post DP install**

If you have the stock hp and torque numbers, can you post them? I did a quick search and could not find them. Thanks!
I haven’t had an opportunity to dyno the car. I have taken to the drag strip and it was cutting 1.9 60 ft times and 13.4 second quarter mile times with just a downpipe.

The power numbers that Toyota claims are probably pretty accurate except most likely at the rear wheels and not the crank.

BMW_GHOST_INSIDE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra 2.0, Audi TTS
Has anyone tried to install the Eibach lowering springs with shorter bump stops on their Supra? Wondering how it compares to the H&R springs. I've seen some pictures and it looks like there are also 2 versions of the Eibach kits that you can buy, one making it slightly lower than the other one.

Frindeisel

First Name
Frinde
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra GR 2.0
Whatsup fellas new to this thread.
just want to share the upgrades on my NOCT 2.0 list of mods I have as of right now.
-ARMA SPEED COLD AIR INTAKE
-FI EXHAUST CATLESS DOWNPIPE
-AFE EXHAUST
-JB4
with just these mods on the 2.0 is insane. It sounds amazing and pulls amazing.
will be upgrading to eibach suspension pro kit soon. And will dyno after everything is dialed in.

Attachments

BMW_GHOST_INSIDE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra 2.0, Audi TTS
Whatsup fellas new to this thread.
just want to share the upgrades on my NOCT 2.0 list of mods I have as of right now.
-ARMA SPEED COLD AIR INTAKE
-FI EXHAUST CATLESS DOWNPIPE
-AFE EXHAUST
-JB4
with just these mods on the 2.0 is insane. It sounds amazing and pulls amazing.
will be upgrading to eibach suspension pro kit soon. And will dyno after everything is dialed in.
How does everyone in the U.S. pass their annual state inspection with the catless downpipe installed? In the pass cars I've had, I've always only installed a high-flow cat back downpipe, so I can just install and then uninstall the tune at the same time that I get my inspection, just so I can still pass. Have no idea how people do this with a catless downpipe AND still pass inspection legally.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
How does everyone in the U.S. pass their annual state inspection with the catless downpipe installed? In the pass cars I've had, I've always only installed a high-flow cat back downpipe so I can just install and then uninstall the tune at the same time that I get my inspection, just so I can pass. Have no idea how people do this with a catless downpipe.
You’re not paying enough for your inspection if you’re doing all of that.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.