SupraMKV2.0 Build Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
I've weighed the OEM 2.0L front brake setup and as suspected, it's a complete wash when compared to the P2uned BBK setup. Just a quick reminder;

OEM Caliper vs P2uned 6-Pot Caliper
The P2uned 6-piston brake caliper with the new pads inserted weight exactly 10 lbs.
The OEM 2.0L single piston brake caliper with pads inserted weigh 11 lbs.

OEM Single Piece Rotor vs P2uned 2-Piece Drilled Rotor
The P2uned 2-piece drilled rotor weighs in at exactly 20 lbs.
The OEM 2.0L single piece rotor weighs in at 19 lbs.

Obviously you're not losing or gaining any weight with the swap, but what you are gaining is a whole lot more stopping power and feel with the P2uned kit.

Ufz1zkq.jpg

PrGYsKE.jpg
Excellent info.!

The unsprung weight savings is a wash but you get better brakes and they look cool. It’s hard to justify the $2500 price tag but its an upgrade for sure.

-RJM
Sponsored

OP
OP
SupraMKV2.0

SupraMKV2.0

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twinskrulldesign.com
Car(s)
2023 M550i, 2023 M340i, 2021 Supra
Excellent info.!

The unsprung weight savings is a wash but you get better brakes and they look cool. It’s hard to justify the $2500 price tag but its an upgrade for sure.

-RJM
The two things I never cheap out on are brakes and tires. If you're thinking about tracking or autoX-ing your 2.0L supra, I'd highly recommend the upgrade.

OP
OP
SupraMKV2.0

SupraMKV2.0

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twinskrulldesign.com
Car(s)
Can anyone else with a 2.0 Supra confirm if their top hood strut brace mounting points are tapped with female threading?...because mine are not.

4A23255E-1770-4B77-A25D-29C818E85922.jpeg

2EB9BC0B-B3DA-4759-8D48-F32145FDDC5E.jpeg

595A9634-4BA6-4048-A844-A40776A0D308.jpeg

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
Can anyone else with a 2.0 Supra confirm if their top hood strut brace mounting points are tapped with female threading?...because mine are not.
That stinks they forgot the threads for the top mounting point. But no worries you dont need them, just buy a nut and washer and tread from the bottom side.

My Blitz brace had me mount it like this. There is just enough room in the wheel well to reach the bolt.

-RJM

OP
OP
SupraMKV2.0

SupraMKV2.0

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twinskrulldesign.com
Car(s)
That stinks they forgot the threads for the top mounting point. But no worries you dont need them, just buy a nut and washer and tread from the bottom side.

My Blitz brace had me mount it like this. There is just enough room in the wheel well to reach the bolt.

-RJM
Thanks. It’s odd that some 3.0s came untapped as they come with the strut braces standard. I’ll see if I can order some hardware only.

OP
OP
SupraMKV2.0

SupraMKV2.0

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twinskrulldesign.com
Car(s)
Received my AutoModz carbon fiber A91 replica wing yesterday. I'll install it this weekend and take some pics in better lighting.

uP8xL57.jpg

CbU8NQI.jpg

uyOQ1MQ.jpg

aeXpqm6.jpg

H3sIJZN.jpg

xySkgGv.jpg

CdscXa6.jpg

OP
OP
SupraMKV2.0

SupraMKV2.0

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twinskrulldesign.com
Car(s)
Installed my carbon fiber A91 replica wing. Also purchased some OEM struts braces from a forum member, had them powder-coated a dark pink (I guess) and adhered my company decal to one of the braces.

PcxSKef.jpg

UIM96Gz.jpg

Hc89EUX.jpg

rWNyFr4.jpg

xUUDutq.jpg

8zKBVMZ.jpg

8nxFGVW.jpg

BboSyVG.jpg

SupraBC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 2.0
That wing looks great. Been debating on getting a wing for the past week and I didn't realize until now that AutoModz is located in Canada.
It's a shame the A91 replica is sold out. I'll have to contact them for ETA or might even pull the trigger on the one they have in stock.
Congrats!

OP
OP
SupraMKV2.0

SupraMKV2.0

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twinskrulldesign.com
Car(s)
That wing looks great. Been debating on getting a wing for the past week and I didn't realize until now that AutoModz is located in Canada.
It's a shame the A91 replica is sold out. I'll have to contact them for ETA or might even pull the trigger on the one they have in stock.
Congrats!
Personally, I think the A91 OEM wing looks really good. Rexspeed offers an A91 replica too for approximately $125 cheaper than Automodz, but that version is on back-order until late May.

max

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stinger (no more......)
Ride is awesome!!! Still following the thread.....2.0 is still on the radar.:thumbsup:

OP
OP
SupraMKV2.0

SupraMKV2.0

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twinskrulldesign.com
Car(s)
Drove down to St. Louis for a track day this past Sunday. The 2.0 Supra was really really impressive on the road course. Even with the stock Michelin PS tires, the grip was absolutely amazing. It had zero issues keeping up with cars twice the price and twice the power of the 2.0.

What was the most impressive was the rate of speed you can enter at turn in and leave on exits. I honestly have no idea what these brain-dead auto reviewers are complaining about regarding "not feeling the road or lack of steering feedback," because I did not get any of that from pushing the car hard for the entire day. The car gives great feedback and is very predictable around the track.

As it stands, the mods completed thus far are;

- Function Werks Catless DP
- H&R Lowering Springs
- SPL Traction Bars
- SPL Endlinks
- P2uned 6-Piston Big Brake Kit (Front) **Highly Recommended**
- OEM Front Hood Strut Braces
- Alignment

- Some interior and exterior cosmetic mods

9faAFmi.jpg

O9UEIx6.jpg

7JWMt6c.jpg

Last edited:

Islindur

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Had:Yellow 2l Have: Red 3l
Drove down to St. Louis for a track day this past Sunday. The 2.0 Supra was really really impressive on the road course. Even with the stock Michelin PS tires, the grip was absolutely amazing. It had zero issues keeping up with cars twice the price and twice the power of the 2.0.

What was the most impressive was the rate of speed you can enter at turn in and leave on exits. I honestly have no idea what these brain-dead auto reviewers are complaining about regarding "not feeling the road or lack of steering feedback," because I did not get any of that from pushing the car hard for the entire day. The car gives great feedback and is very predictable around the track.

As it stands, the mods completed thus far are;

- Function Werks Catless DP
- H&R Lowering Springs
- SPL Traction Bars
- SPL Endlinks
- P2uned 6-Piston Big Brake Kit (Front) **Highly Recommended**
- OEM Front Hood Strut Braces
- Alignment

- Some interior and exterior cosmetic mods

9faAFmi.jpg

O9UEIx6.jpg

7JWMt6c.jpg

What did You hang with time-wise? ;)

R_R8TED

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pixelatedgamer.com
Car(s)
2021 Supra MKV 3.0, 2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Nice setup! I put on the same style, high gloss carbon fiber wing on yesterday and after a week of data logging, I also got my JB4 tune dialed in thanks to Terry and Ando at Burger Motorsports...she rips ;b They are estimating around 300WHP, on a customized version of Map 5 running 93 octane. We tested several other maps and slowly made adjustments where they saw improvements could be made. It's super smooth and pulls strong.

How do you like your Function Werks Catless DP? I plan on adding a dp and getting some new wheels in the fall or winter.

Shot of the new wing:

awhNuVL.jpg

In the shop getting the JB4 installed:

3UHfe4q.jpg

max

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stinger (no more......)
I also got my JB4 tune dialed in thanks to Terry and Ando at Burger Motorsports...she rips ;b They are estimating around 300WHP, on a customized version of Map 5 running 93 octane.
First, like @SupraMKV2.0 , the wing on White is gorgeous!!!!!!! Really POPS!!!!!!!

Now, the fun stuff. Still waiting to get to break-in and get oil changed and have everything checked out and then get windows tinted. I have Nocturnal and don't think the wing would make mine POP like you guys......very interested in the JB4. Ran one on my Stinger and it made big difference. Have many questions but would like some run down details on your install, map 5 settings , etc...

You can Pm me with the info when time permits.That way, can keep the space free on the thread for others. Nice rides!!!!!!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.