kona61

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sold Launch Edition Supra #445
Vehicle Showcase
The Supra and Z4 use a Pilot Super Sport actually, but its a specially designed compound for the Zupras. That's likely the tire they've been using in all the tests.
Oh it is? I thought the ps4 replaces the super sport?
Sponsored

Islindur

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Had:Yellow 2l Have: Red 3l
PS4S does I think, not regular PS4? Still, even with a nicer compound MPSS is no way on the level of semislick like CUP2. And CUP2r are even 1step above. I'd but that (or Trofeo R) on Supra and see how fast it can go :p
Only road tire than can match some of semislicks is PS4S at the moment I think.

Guff

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A80, A90, Mk1 Celica
Vehicle Showcase
That is correct, but for whatever reason, the tire on the Supra is the "Pilot Super Sport ⭐", not the PS4S. I am interested in seeing what the difference between the two tires is though.

kona61

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sold Launch Edition Supra #445
Vehicle Showcase
That is correct, but for whatever reason, the tire on the Supra is the "Pilot Super Sport ⭐", not the PS4S. I am interested in seeing what the difference between the two tires is though.
That is very interesting. Bespoke tires. Hope it’s not like Veyron bespoke. Not willing to pay 20k for tires lol. But I wonder what difference Cup 2’s would make on the lap time.

Dunc

First Name
Duncan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Porsches, Mercedes, toyotas
Vehicle Showcase
If it’s true Toyota need to release an official time ASAP to silence the nay-sayers. Through mutual friends I’ve been told that the pro drivers for the press event have said the Supra is a match for the Cayman S (or 718T or whatever it’s called these days). So it’s quite possible it’s capable of an impressive time.

MORSK

First Name
TheSupra
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota supra
There is a video clip about repeated tire tests of the Supra in Japan.

supraboi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A70, GS300
2020 Toyota Supra: 5 Cars That are Faster at the Nurburgring and 5 That are Slower

Toyota Supra chief engineer Tetsuya Tada recently told Road & Track that the new 2020 Supra could likely lap the Nurburgring in around 7 minutes and 40 seconds.

The Supra would hit its 155 mph top speed limiter down the long straights of the Nurburgring, Tada-San said, but even without removing it, the Supra can lap the 12.9-mile ‘Green Hell’ in under eight minutes with ease. “It’s very easy to break eights—7:50, 7:40. It will do that easily,” the longtime Toyota engineer claimed.

That’s quite a quick lap time for a 335-hp car, it must be said. If Toyota ever pulled a 7:40 time off, it would place the new Supra in some illustrious company and even have it beating some impressive performance cars from high-priced manufacturers.

We’ve compiled a list of cars the Supra would get beaten by and those that it would beat below, so check it out to get a better idea of what kind of performance the new Supra may be offering up.

Cars That May Beat the 2020 Toyota Supra
5. Porsche Panamera Turbo
The 2017 Porsche Panamera Turbo lapped the Nurburgring in 7:38 – a wildly fast time for a big luxurious four-door like the Panamera. This was once the four-door record holder at the daunting Nurburgring as well.

4. Lexus LFA
Toyota’s last supercar, the Lexus LFA, lapped the Nurburgring in a respectable 7:38 when German auto magazine Sport Auto tested it. The Lexus LFA Nurburgring was much faster, not surprisingly, with a time of 7:14.

3. Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
While quite a bit more expensive and more powerful than the Supra, the Giulia Quadrifoglio is a four-door sedan. Its Nurburgring lap time of 7:32 is therefore absurdly quick (and also the four-door lap record holder). The Supra would need quite a bit more power to take down this fiery Italian, we think.

2. Camaro ZL1
We included the Camaro ZL1 on our list as it’s not too much more expensive than the $50,000 Supra. It set a lap time of 7:29 back in 2016, which is very, very fast for a sub $70,000 car. It is nearly twice as powerful, though, with 650 hp on tap from its supercharged V8.

1. BMW M4 GTS
The BMW M4 GTS extremely fast for an inline-six powered car like the Supra. With sticky tires, a huge rear wing, lightweight wheels, and other track-ready equipment, the M4 GTS can lap the ‘Ring in 7:27.88. It’s safe to say the Supra probably won’t be nearing that time in any form.

Cars the 2020 Supra Could Beat
5. BMW M2 Competition
The BMW M2 Competition isn’t so different than the Supra – after all, it’s also a two-door BMW. The 2+2 coupe set a Nurburgring lap of 7:52.336 with a Sport Auto driver at the helm, though, which is a good bit slower than Toyota’s predictions for the Supra.

4. Ferrari 599 GTB
The Ferrari 599 GTB is quite old now and is also more suited to grand touring than track driving, but it’s still a Ferrari, so the Supra beating it would be a bit entertaining. The 599 GTB lapped the ‘Ring in 7:47 back in 2007 with a Sport Auto driver behind the wheel.

3. Porsche 718 Cayman S
The sporty, mid-engine Porsche 718 Cayman S lapped the Nurburgring in 7:46.7 back in 2016 – again in a test conducted by Germany’s Sport Auto magazine.

2. Honda Civic Type R (FK8)
The FK8 Honda Civic Type R is the current FWD world record holder at the Nurburgring with a time of 7:43.8. That’s a highly impressive time for a FWD hatch with four doors and a large trunk. If you’re a Supra owner and see a Type R at the track, you may be in for a tough battle.

1. Porsche Cayman GT4
The Cayman GT4 would be a good scalp for the Supra, but it could be tough to beat Porsche’s track weapon. Sport Auto set a time of 7:42 at the ‘Ring in the 918 Cayman GT4 in 2015. Porsche also has a new faster GT4 on the way, so this lap time stands to shrink, potentially.
https://www.autoguide.com/auto-news...at-the-nurburgring-and-5-that-are-slower.html

Louis110

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Black Pearl R32 GTR; Pearl White 2014 Mazda 3
It will beat the M2,first of all it's lighter
M2 would be a good head to head. Against a M2 comp though, money is on the comp.

Islindur

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M2 would be a good head to head. Against a M2 comp though, money is on the comp.
Isn't M2C barely faster then regular M2? Z4 m40i is just 3s slower on NRing than M2C while not being even true M car.
And 105% Supra will be faster than Z4.

Islindur

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Z4 ring time is whole lap not bridge to gantry, so make sure you're comparing apples to apples :)
? So both are full or is 1 BTG? Cant understand from Your post :p
Sponsored