THIS Is the Manual Toyota Supra [Official Release]

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
Oh brother for sure. I know you were right about the manual/serialization and I didn't doubt it. I was also right on it as well with regard the manual GR Supra because I was getting some information as well. And I know you're not someone that likes to troll. Also trust me, even though I knew you were onto something (because I was getting trickles of info here and there that corroborated with your stuff), I still took things with a grain of salt. So these conversations that we're having about the future will remain hypothetical and it's to just encourage more discussion. ;^D

My main point was that your notion that the BMW collaboration was more expensive than what it would be if it was a sole-Toyota project is the thing that leaves me in a head spin. What I was trying to say is that from what we all have learned the entire point of this project was to have a lower cost of entry for people to buy a GR Supra and to prove something to the bean counters, all in the while Toyota has a really amazing sports car that they worked hard on codeveloping with BMW.

This just confirms my earlier suspicion that it's the A100. The question is now what engine will power it. I'm just dying for an inline-six.
The B58 (as great as it is), probably won’t be around for too long. Tighter EU emissions standards and push for EV’s will make it very difficult to keep compliant. If I had to place a bet, I would say a TT-V6 w/optional Hybrid from an upcoming “F” car would be very much welcomed. With Yamaha, Akibono, and several other supplier within Toyota’s reach, an “A100” will be superb
.with or without an inline six.

About the TNGA-A (GA-A) platform
..let’s just wait and see what happens. I don’t want people to start a flame war.
Sponsored

Bryster

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nothing,considering a Civic DX
The B58 (as great as it is), probably won’t be around for too long. Tighter EU emissions standards and push for EV’s will make it very difficult to keep compliant. If I had to place a bet, I would say a TT-V6 w/optional Hybrid from an upcoming “F” car would be very much welcomed. With Yamaha, Akibono, and several other supplier within Toyota’s reach, an “A100” will be superb
.with or without an inline six.

About the TNGA-A (GA-A) platform
..let’s just wait and see what happens. I don’t want people to start a flame war.
Question about the GA-A Supra, would it be using any tech from the Toyota GR010?

toyota-gr010-hybrid-le-mans-hypercar-1.jpg

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
But how does it financially make sense. Unless they're going to share this chassis with other yet to be announced cars but that doesn't make too much sense either as it's not like a Corolla or Camry chassis.
Also, GRMN is said to be a limited run. If we assume a very limited one tops 1,000 then price wise it'd cost both arms, both legs and a kidney. Are they tryna pull another LFA....
Or has Tada gone off the rails and got crazy budget for sports cars..maybe an EV budget boost?

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
Sorry, I know we have gone wayyy off topic, but anyone else remember when the Chief Engineer at Toyota (Lexus), called the LC500 the Supra when they were testing it around the track (start at 5:00):

I still think the lc500 is a beautiful car but god the depreciation on these is painful

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
My main point was that your notion that the BMW collaboration was more expensive than what it would be if it was a sole-Toyota project is the thing that leaves me in a head spin. What I was trying to say is that from what we all have learned the entire point of this project was to have a lower cost of entry for people to buy a GR Supra and to prove something to the bean counters, all in the while Toyota has a really amazing sports car that they worked hard on codeveloping with BMW.

This just confirms my earlier suspicion that it's the A100. The question is now what engine will power it. I'm just dying for an inline-six.
So, I believe that was the "goal" for both companies....to build a good sports car, while keeping costs down to deliver a somewhat affordable and attainable vehicle. This doesn't really play a factor for BMW because the brand attract heavy-pocketed buyers to begin with. For Toyota, every little bit mattered. I believe that after 2020 (specifically the 2021+ with the six port head change) Toyota probably started seeing big engineering time and money being spent on this platform. Things like; recalls, emissions, enhancements, etc... became not only a Toyota involvement, but a BMW involvement as well. You can't make changes to something that you don't build without the builders involvement. So instead of Toyota paying just their engineering team, they probably had to pay the BMW team to make those changes. It started off as a money saving project, but I believe it has evolved into something more costly.

Question about the GA-A Supra, would it be using any tech from the Toyota GR010?
This I do not know.....yet.

But how does it financially make sense. Unless they're going to share this chassis with other yet to be announced cars but that doesn't make too much sense either as it's not like a Corolla or Camry chassis.
Also, GRMN is said to be a limited run. If we assume a very limited one tops 1,000 then price wise it'd cost both arms, both legs and a kidney. Are they tryna pull another LFA....
Or has Tada gone off the rails and got crazy budget for sports cars..maybe an EV budget boost?
Consider this though....did you ever think you would see the day when a Corolla would be $45k ($55k with dealer markup)? People are lined up as we speak to buy a limited production Corolla for $55k!!! The new $100k+ LandCruiser (although not sold here anymore) is on backorder for 4 years...and people are still putting orders in. I can almost guarantee you that if Toyota builds a limited production Supra at Motomachi, it will have a waiting list no matter what they charge for it.

Here is my "guess" on what the new platform will be. I'm guessing a new LFA / Supra / and some all electric variant on a dedicated sports car platform. Each with their own outer sheet metal, powertrain, and interiors. Lexus will get a decked-out ICE & EV super car and possibly GT, Toyota will get a ICE & Hybrid Supra.

Let's wait and see what happens ;).

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
Prior to the pandemic - I think you could pick one up for low 50s if I am correct. But that was PRE pandemic
Within 500 miles of me there’s a couple for 63 to 66k with about 66k miles. Keep in mind these are 100k or 110 brand new

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
So, I believe that was the "goal" for both companies....to build a good sports car, while keeping costs down to deliver a somewhat affordable and attainable vehicle. This doesn't really play a factor for BMW because the brand attract heavy-pocketed buyers to begin with. For Toyota, every little bit mattered. I believe that after 2020 (specifically the 2021+ with the six port head change) Toyota probably started seeing big engineering time and money being spent on this platform. Things like; recalls, emissions, enhancements, etc... became not only a Toyota involvement, but a BMW involvement as well. You can't make changes to something that you don't build without the builders involvement. So instead of Toyota paying just their engineering team, they had to pay the BMW team to make those changes. It started off as a money saving project, but I believe it has evolved into something more costly.

This I do not know.....yet.

Consider this though....did you ever think you would see the day when a Corolla would be $45k ($55k with dealer markup)? People are lined up as we speak to buy a limited production Corolla for $55k!!! The new $100k+ LandCruiser (although not sold here anymore) is on backorder for 4 years...and people are still putting orders in. I can almost guarantee you that if Toyota builds a limited production Supra at Motomachi, it will have a waiting list no matter what they charge for it.

Here is my "guess" on what the new platform will be. I'm guessing a new LFA / Supra / and some all electric variant on a dedicated sports car platform. Each with their own outer sheet metal, powertrain, and interiors. Lexus will get a decked-out ICE & EV super car and possibly GT, Toyota will get a ICE & Hybrid Supra.

Let's wait and see what happens ;).
And where did you hear 55k price point for the gr Corolla? And are you talking about the morizo

Neciovato

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Nissan Z Nismo
Within 500 miles of me there’s a couple for 63 to 66k with about 66k miles. Keep in mind these are 100k or 110 brand new
Right now - during the craziness of the market - i believe it. Just like prior to the craziness - you could find a new 3.0 Supra for below MSRP (good luck now) or how you see people selling their used Civic's for more than what they purchased it. I was even offered about what I purchased my Z for and that was coming from 4500miles to 40k miles at the time. So yeah, I want to say you could find these LC500s for mid 50s prePandemic times but that feels like A LONG TIME AGO.

And agreed - I was definitely looking at one as an option - on the used market - everyone LOVES them but they are 'cruisers' and not sports cars.

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
Right now - during the craziness of the market - i believe it. Just like prior to the craziness - you could find a new 3.0 Supra for below MSRP (good luck now) or how you see people selling their used Civic's for more than what they purchased it. I was even offered about what I purchased my Z for and that was coming from 4500miles to 40k miles at the time. So yeah, I want to say you could find these LC500s for mid 50s prePandemic times but that feels like A LONG TIME AGO.

And agreed - I was definitely looking at one as an option - on the used market - everyone LOVES them but they are 'cruisers' and not sports cars.
Sadly a decent chunk of people see them as sports cars and not grand tourers. A kid at my university prior to my graduating had a parent who bought him one and he thought he was hot shit until a local kid with a factory turbo bolt on cobalt ss pulled him on the freeway.

F1 Silver Arrows

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mercedes F1 W07 Hybrid
Sadly a decent chunk of people see them as sports cars and not grand tourers. A kid at my university prior to my graduating had a parent who bought him one and he thought he was hot shit until a local kid with a factory turbo bolt on cobalt ss pulled him on the freeway.
Then a hundred meters later the dude with the clapped out Cobalt SS with a bolt-on turbo is on the side of the road while the Lexus will go forever... in style... with that V8 power.
Sponsored