Time to change brake pads?

Yalemaier

First Name
Yale
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
9 track days of HPDE 1 & 2 on stock brake pads & around 8000 miles on the vehicle. I am planning one more 3 day track weekend at NJMP Lightning in November and I’m curious if I should purchase new pads or if the stock pads still have enough life. What do you all think? I’m considering Endless MX72+ pads as an upgrade when appropriate.
IMG_0153.jpeg
Sponsored

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
3 days iffy. Stock pads would last me 3/4 track days. So you are not as aggressive and that is fine. Take a back up set with you. Last thing you would want is a fun 2 day weekend cut short. If you get to the wear sensor you will be in limp mode until you wire the head or replace.

Traxion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Change them, not worth dealing with the hassle if you hit wear sensor and changing out the pads for the very first time on the front is a major PITA due to the glue. I wouldn't want to be changing them at the track for my very first pad change. I had thought that with the amount of tracking and autox I'd done that it'd weaken the glue on them enough that'd it'd be easy to use a putty knife to get them loose and out but it was an ordeal.

OP
OP
Yalemaier

Yalemaier

First Name
Yale
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thank you all! I just ordered Endless MX72 plus pads and will install them (along with SPL front lower control arms for camber adjustability) before NJMP in November.

OP
OP
Yalemaier

Yalemaier

First Name
Yale
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I would not recommend the MX72 for track use based on my experience. I had the regular version, not the plus, but initial bite was never great, they faded fast, and they ended up destroying my rotors by the end of the day.
I've heard some mixed reviews on the standard MX72, but I have read from various other forums (BMW & Porsche) the the MX72 plus is better and is more tolerant to temperature. I still want a pad that is not overly aggressive for street use. We'll see how it does!

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Broken record: Project Mu Club Racers
This ☝ or… I drive on my Hawk DTC 60/30 pads all year. They are not overly aggressive on rotors. Nor top of the line as CSGs (or as expensive). So Project Mu or Hawks all year round would be a stellar choice if you start chewing through those Endless pads too quickly.

(due to popularity, always keep a spare set, these things can run on back order often)

AndyK5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Nitro Yellow MT
Broken record: Project Mu Club Racers
Where do you get yours? I have been trying to find a few sets for the last week and I think its all out of stock. Any way to order them from Japan directly?

razorlab

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Where do you get yours? I have been trying to find a few sets for the last week and I think its all out of stock. Any way to order them from Japan directly?
Yea unfortunately out of stock until October. Guess my little secret finally took hold. 😎

I order from Evasive.

AndyK5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Nitro Yellow MT
Yea unfortunately out of stock until October. Guess my little secret finally took hold. 😎

I order from Evasive.
thats where I was trying to get them as well, they are local, I was like hey I’ll just stop by and grab 3 sets… I guess I’ll try Hawk, if not Carbotech and if not… here comes a set of pads for the price of what BBKs used to sell for..the CSG.
Sponsored