Toyota FT-1 concept & A90 Supra design dissected

Do you care if the next Supra has a "corporate image?"

• No, as long as it looks good, I don't care if the rest of Toyota's line up is designed around it.

Votes: 17 39.5%
  • Yes, the Supra should be completely unique looking even among Toyota's fleet.

Votes: 21 48.8%
  • Don't care as long as the Supra is the "first" to get the design.

Votes: 5 11.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SS900

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 Supra twin turbo
Yeah.. auto only will never get me into this car. Hopefully Toyota learns that their customers are important and a supra buyer will definetly also buy something else from Toyota... so it’s just not about the bottom line of this car. Stupid
I feel your pain. We are both here because we want a positive outcome although we don’t like what we see so far. Hope is a bitch!
Sponsored

Jdmuscle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Yogi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
94 Supra, 15 Viper, 16 Z06, 18 Shelby GT350, 15 IS350 F sport, 13 Vrod
Vehicle Showcase
I feel your pain. We are both here because we want a positive outcome although we don’t like what we see so far. Hope is a bitch!
More I learn.. it’s like.. was there any market research done for this car or... let’s target a car/model and make a version that they sell the most.

If cayman was their target.. let’s just make the vanilla version that they sell the most and call it a day. Let’s forget about all the juicy variations they have .. like a GT4, manual transmission, various aero bits etc.

Look at the recent past.. RCF crashed and died against the M4 cause... they had one version of the RCF. GSF (although I love it), the market reach was dismal.

One can say.. hey.. there will be a 4cyl, 6cyl and they are considering a stripped version... let me ask you.. can I row my own gears? Are there different aero options? Answer is NO.

MA617M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lots
One can say.. hey.. there will be a 4cyl, 6cyl and they are considering a stripped version... let me ask you.. can I row my own gears? Are there different aero options? Answer is NO.
I'm really hoping they come later... just like the GT4 Cayman did....

SS900

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 Supra twin turbo
More I learn.. it’s like.. was there any market research done for this car or... let’s target a car/model and make a version that they sell the most.

If cayman was their target.. let’s just make the vanilla version that they sell the most and call it a day. Let’s forget about all the juicy variations they have .. like a GT4, manual transmission, various aero bits etc.

Look at the recent past.. RCF crashed and died against the M4 cause... they had one version of the RCF. GSF (although I love it), the market reach was dismal.

Look, the A80 only came in two flavors and I don’t have an issue with that. I don’t think this is going to be a $60k car, if it is Toyota is going to suffer for it. If I was going to spend $60k+ for a car this size I am going straight to Porsche and many others on this forum would be too. Even a slightly used Cayman S would do the trick to keep similar options and costs. This is. $40-59k fully loaded car at the most. It can’t demand Bmw/Audi/Porsche prices and they know it.

My problem is that this seems to be a car made for very specific type of people and lacks the flexibility the A80 had at the time. I am not going to be racing it every time I drive it so it needs to be more than a one trick pony for me to consider it.

Turbro

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Strat 3.0 MT, 94 Supra TT 6Spd
Look, the A80 only came in two flavors and I don’t have an issue with that..
Well I look at is at 8 options... you had

Hardtop
NA auto
NA manual
TT auto
TT manual

Targa
NA auto
NA manual
TT auto
TT manual

Currently it’s rumored at 3 options (based on parts diagram leak)
4cyl auto hardtop 20i
6cyl auto hardtop 30i
6cyl auto hardtop 40i

I for one wish I could have a targa manual in the new mkv. With a big wing also. But I’m not getting my hopes up at all. I’ll test drive it for sure but I’m not so sure I’ll get one at this point

Turbro

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Strat 3.0 MT, 94 Supra TT 6Spd

Webweasel

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Celica GT4 ST205, A90 Supra
Vehicle Showcase
Hansn't it been mentioned in the past that the boot lid is reinforced for after market spoilers?

justbake

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F10 535i
Well I look at is at 8 options... you had

Hardtop
NA auto
NA manual
TT auto
TT manual

Targa
NA auto
NA manual
TT auto
TT manual

Currently it’s rumored at 3 options (based on parts diagram leak)
4cyl auto hardtop 20i
6cyl auto hardtop 30i
6cyl auto hardtop 40i

I for one wish I could have a targa manual in the new mkv. With a big wing also. But I’m not getting my hopes up at all. I’ll test drive it for sure but I’m not so sure I’ll get one at this point
That isn't at all what he means by flavors.

(30i is a 4cyl btw)

Supraman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
^ I remember reading somewhere that you'd be able to mount an aftermarket spoiler to this car with ease since it will have pre-drilled holes or something along those lines.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.