Toyota Launches Exclusive GR Supra A91-CF Edition for 2022

Sigg

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Mk5,Supra 2018 KTM SuperDuke, 21 sienna plat
Cool product but I don't care for their choice of carbon. Much rather continue choosing my own carbon products from the after market. Might not be 1 of 600 but I prefer to choose my own and save the 20k they'll charge as they are GR/TRD parts. Toyota has to recoup the RD money they spent learning to make high quality carbon for the LFA LOL.

MAN they didn't even do a full carbon rear diffuser what the heck???
Sponsored

Last edited:

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium

If I can attain incredible wealth, I will build a wind tunnel. I'd live in a tiny-home and have an elaborate wind tunnel. I could watch this kind of footage all day long.
I really wish they would have showed this footage in comparison to a non-CF Edition Supra so we could see exactly what those extra bits are doing.

Thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Turbulence, 2021 Jeep Rubicon 4xe
right, i know the build quality of the two are miles apart but i think the 86 looks more interesting overall. the steering wheel and digital gauge cluster are a clear winner over the Supra imo. the head unit looks a little cheap but at least it isn't sticking up on top the dash.
As a previous owner of one I can tell you the car is a fun car to drive, but the lack of overall hp/tq gets old. The new car is definitely faster and torque will be much better, but the Supra is a whole different level.

Dan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 G42 M240i
also, it only mentions "Wireless Apple CarPlay® compatible (iOS only)"

Welp it appears that they're still sticking with the same old iDrive 6 (as iDrive 7 supports Android Auto, and there's no mention of that). Which means, aside from possible interior color/fabric changes, it's almost certain the interior will still be the same.

On BMWs, the interior "usually" has drastic design updates if the stereo also updates as well. ....and since there's no Android Auto mentioned in the Toyota press, there's no new iDrive system, most likely same ole' interior.
In regards to Andriod Auto, Our European Jamara Race Track version which just released was supposed to have Android Auto compatibility according to all the press releases, However going through the brochure (for the non special versions) it shows this in the brochure
March 2020 Dated UK

Take a look at Toyota UK's press article that states android auto
https://media.toyota.co.uk/2021/03/...-with-exclusive-new-jarama-racetrack-edition/

Maybe they have pulled it or just not listed it yet but if they are including, it should be in the USA MY22

1622659286115.png

Escapist

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 2016 Yamaha R1
Honestly, I was a very disappointed at the photos. I was expecting a more drastic change.

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
No Premium 3.0 models will be offered for 2022 only the base 3.0’s with roll up windows and an Etch a Sketch. ?

-RJM

Natek

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 launch
The LE red seats still look better as these just look like the shoulders

Mixsturre

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
What in the TOMs aero kit is this? So glad I picked up the LE for a good price.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
I think the big changes are coming next year. Refresh, and hopefully the GRMN.

Chgu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, 2013 FR-S
Cool, cool...so TRD versions of carbon parts we can already get. Aren't the "unique matte black wheels" just the same one from the A90/A91 edition? Or were those considered satin?
Sponsored