Toyota Launches Exclusive GR Supra A91-CF Edition for 2022

Thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Turbulence, 2021 Jeep Rubicon 4xe
I think the big changes are coming next year. Refresh, and hopefully the GRMN.
Agreed. If you look at other vehicles, WRX/STI is long in the tooth, Civic Type-R is relatively unchanged, C8 Z06 is delayed, Camaro seems to be dead, Mustang is long in the tooth, etc, etc.

My guess is Covid and supply constraints really impacted things and Toyota went conservative for MY22 after making big changes in 21. I suspect 23 will see a bigger mid cycle refresh.
Sponsored

Tsar

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
LAMO, all the hype build up was for this... LOL
It surely did not measure up to my prediction:

12 speed manual, 603 horsepower, side flamethrowers, all for 35k (you know to crush the 35k 400hp Z that's coming out) - heard it on the internet.
But I think there is only a small subset of people who actually believed that the car is gonna get upgraded YoY and get horsepower bumps like it did for 21... No changes or small changes is more in line imo. Hopefully there's something better for '23.

VA90

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Pretty sure the market wasn't asking for this.:dunno:

The funny part is I have gotten quite a few surveys from Toyota asking about how I like my car. In none of them did I say, "I think we need a super-limited edition with no performance upgrades whatsoever, no new colors, and overpriced carbon fiber cosmetic parts."

Last edited:

Chgu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, 2013 FR-S
Honestly, any dealer I've seen with a Supra available has three more to go with it, so a very incremental, cosmetic update doesn't make the 21 look any less desirable than a 22, unless you're a real stickler for red in your interior.

Supraboi7

First Name
Johnny Boi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
Toyota can make an LFA but canā€™t get more creative than different stitching and a carbon splitter? I guess Iā€™m just underwhelmed.

Like Iā€™ve made peace with the whole bmw thing but my gosh can we at least get the targa weā€™ve seen teased on YouTube, or the manual that already exists in different applications, or at least new paint colors and wheel options???

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Absolute Zero Premium
Well, it does *look* nice. But more of a Photoshop update than a special edition.

Dang, with all the "functional carbon fiber body kit" they couldn't be bothered to spend a little R&D on the wind-buffeting fix for the side mirrors?

Also, while the seats look great, they could've added a ventilated/cooled option since they're already perforated now.

I know an F9-like commemorative orange would've been a nice edition along with the targa roof...especially since we still can't get a manual option.

At least I can look back at my '20 in the garage, smile while I pat her on the roof and think "you're still special...to me"

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
Any rough estimates on what MSRP will be for this Unicorn?

-RJM

Chgu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, 2013 FR-S
Any rough estimates on what MSRP will be for this Unicorn?

-RJM
At least 20-40k markup from the dealer in my area. There was a '21 in Culver City priced like 10k over MSRP for some dealer-installed mods. The breakdown showed a couple thousand dollars for a bad carbon-patterned roof wrap where the unevenly cut edges were visible from a couple feet away.
Sponsored