Toyota "Preparing" Hotter Supra GRMN, Says Chief Engineer

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not so sure, I've seen some N55s cracking 750hp at the wheels on a measly 25psi... There isn't a good catalogue of modified B58... But I'm keen to see people start pushing the envelope. I'm a fan of bmw engines so fingers crossed they're capable of some good shit
Exactly! It’s a no brainer that no matter what motor Toyota uses, 1000hp is inevitable much sooner than before because the aftermarket will be very quick to jump on it (pistons, rods, etc...). It’s a f****en new Supra for crying outloud! The aftermarket probably have 1000hp kits ready before the car is released...lol. If weak 370Z’s with spaghetti rods, glass pistons, and open decks are making 700hp on stock blocks, what on earth will make anyone think that a closed deck, forged BMW B58 motor can’t hit that plus more on a stock block???? Throw in beefier aftermarket components that WILL be ready before the MKV is released, and 1000hp MKV’s will be the next YouTube craze.

Btw, his video link of 1000hp stock block MKIV is hilarious. Even MKIV owners will comment that is definitely not recommended and is considered a ticking time bomb.
Sponsored

Death666wish_

First Name
Abdulla
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2005 Mitsubishi lancer 5-speed (out of commission), 1991 Firebird Formula (out of commission), 2008 Toyota Camry
BMW N54 978whp:

BMW N54 919whp:

The engine came out in 2006, took it over 10 years to get to this point, and it's still being worked on. The B58 came out in 2015, the cars still have warranty on them. It took three years for shops to make a tune for it, which is last year, now people are getting 410-420whp with a downpipe and a tune. With the hype from the Supra's name tuner shops will work faster.

The 2JZ made 1000hp in the late 90's, not in 1994, it took them at least 5 years, and that's a wild guess, and in all honesty I'm not a big Supra fan, but I like the MKV. So, how do I know that they made these numbers in the late 90's? Well because one of the first one's to hit those numbers is the owner of the Toyota dealership in my country:

And any simple reading about the 2JZ's performance would let you know that the engine would make around 600-800whp reliably with stock internals, 1000whp is easy on stock internals, yes, reliably? Well the forum is full of Supra/2JZ owners, you can ask them yourself.

I think that there is a course in medical school where they teach them to believe that everything they spew out is correct and that they're always right, even when they contradict other doctors, they are right and the other doctor is an idiot.

boodjohn

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Doe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CAMSOIASNDW
Exactly! It’s a no brainer that no matter what motor Toyota uses, 1000hp is inevitable much sooner than before because the aftermarket will be very quick to jump on it (pistons, rods, etc...).
The engine/motor that toyota uses matters. That is why toyota specifically said whatever they put in the supra will be tuner friendly. 1000hp engines may be there but 95% of people are not going to throw their warranty away so quick.
Most people will wait until their warranties end...

It’s a f****en new Supra for crying outloud!
People buying the supra because "supra." FLMAO This is such a joke.

If weak 370Z’s with spaghetti rods, glass pistons, and open decks are making 700hp on stock blocks, what on earth will make anyone think that a closed deck, forged BMW B58 motor can’t hit that plus more on a stock block???? Throw in beefier aftermarket components that WILL be ready before the MKV is released, and 1000hp MKV’s will be the next YouTube craze.
Idk mane... Spaghetti rods, glass pistons, and open decks pushing 700 hp sounds better than a closed deck cast iron block making 330/380 hp.

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
Idk mane... Spaghetti rods, glass pistons, and open decks pushing 700 hp sounds better than a closed deck cast iron block making 330/380 hp.
Have it your way....I think these discussions are becoming repetitive and going in circles everytime a “new member” joins this forum.

Everyone has their own opinion and information on the upcoming car. I’m done responding to anyone with less than 300 posts.

Btw bud, that last sentence doesn’t make sense, I wasn’t implying that a 370Z makes 700hp stock.

Last edited:

GrayFox_MK5

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan 350z Nismo, BMW 135is 6MT
Have it your way....I think these discussions are becoming repetitive and going in circles everytime a “new member” joins this forum.

Everyone has their own opinion and information on the upcoming car. I’m done responding to anyone with less than 300 posts.

Btw bud, that last sentence doesn’t make sense, I wasn’t implying that a 370Z makes 700hp stock.
Oh for fvcks sake. Get off your high horse.

And these discussions go on becoming repetitive and goes in circles all thanks to your dumb baseless comments. Maybe if you stop stirring the pot so much, we can actually go somewhere with the posts. All you are doing is basing your nonsense claims on speculation. Until the car is out and we see what tuners and reviewers say about it, we should just wait patiently instead of fanboying over the car.

F1 Silver Arrows

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mercedes F1 W07 Hybrid
@GrayFox_MK5 And you need to learn how to engage in discussions without using idiotic personal jabs at other users. Either try to put up and discuss without being a god damn retard or shut the fuck up. Stop being disrespectful.

Edit: Clarification.

Edit 2: @boodjohn you really can't make that comment because at this point @PerformanceSound is dealing with an utter jerk. I get that at times he may miss a point here or there but I sure as hell feel that at that point in the conversation he wasn't dealing with someone being sarcastic and was actually putting up with someone using stupid, baseless facts.

justbake

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F10 535i

All you are doing is basing your nonsense claims on speculation. Until the car is out and we see what tuners and reviewers say about it, we should just wait patiently instead of fanboying over the car.

All you are doing is basing your nonsense claims on speculation. Until the car is out and we see what tuners and reviewers say about it, we should just wait patiently instead of hating over the car.

boodjohn

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Doe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CAMSOIASNDW
@GrayFox_MK5 And you need to learn how to engage in discussions without using idiotic personal jabs at other users. Either try to put up and discuss without being a god damn retard or shut the fuck up. Stop being disrespectful.
Is this a serious post?
I know you are trying to mediate the tension, but that was disrespectfully ironic.

Mods, please lock this thread. @Supra93 @Guff

F1 Silver Arrows

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mercedes F1 W07 Hybrid
^^ Damn right it's serious. I see with what you mean there, but it was necessary. @PerformanceSound was being totally polite and gave no personal jabs. I thought I might as well be the one who gave a taste of his own medicine. I've dealt with someone who was like that on LE, and the victim (and the forum) was being constantly harassed, I stopped it by using the same strategy. No need to lock this thread because this thread is useful. I suggest a mute or a ban.

Edit: Clarity.

supraz4

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 BMW i3, 2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys
Wow this esculated quickly lol

F1 Silver Arrows

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mercedes F1 W07 Hybrid
Yeah my comment was a bit uncalled for. Sort of was like a sucker punch out of left field. I will go ahead and quickly apologize, but I hate internet jerks who comment crap behind a computer screen. It's rude, impolite, and really not classy. I know I am talking about the internet and this forum can get pretty heated at times, just keep off the personal jabs.