2011 gti
Vehicle Showcase

KahnBB6

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'93 Lexus SC300 2JZGTE R154 LSD & 2023 GR86 6MT
Maybe next year they will do a 2JZ 6MT swap? :popcorn:
The targa top SEMA concept is great and I'm sure they can do it since the shared platform also supports a convertible sibling BMW. Some buyers will absolutely love that if Toyota actually does it.

Personally though I prefer fixed roof full hardtop coupes and the current car already has this.

^^ I'm with you still patiently looking forward to a manual Supra 3.0... but with the B58D engine of course.

Now I do like the rear wing they show off early in the video. That should be a factory option across the range.

antonio88x

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium (mine), 2018 CX-5 GT (wife's)
A targa top is something I wished this car had. Its the only thing I envy on the C8. But wow, if they made a Supra targa, I'd have to trade my current one for it. I'd get murdered by the trade value and price delta, and probably my wife too.

SunbirdGTO

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 1986 Mitsubishi Starion
A targa top is something I wished this car had. Its the only thing I envy on the C8. But wow, if they made a Supra targa, I'd have to trade my current one for it. I'd get murdered by the trade value and price delta, and probably my wife too.
I concur. I had a couple of 914s and a Z3M convertible. The targa was so much better than the convertible IMO. But if the Supra was offered with a targa, I'd have to seriously consider it too.

jm6k

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
cars
Didn't buy one last year because I heard this year they were getting more power. Now I'm waiting to see if there will be a manual next year. Now after this I'll be waiting to see if there's a Targa coming the year after. Maybe I'll finally get one the last year of production when they actually offer all the options they should have offered from the beginning.

mkivalex

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993 MKIV Supra TT 6SPD
I think id be willing to wait for a refresh if its worthwhile but I guess we will see.

the GRMN rumours have slowed as well as any talk of a MT so I am curious if anything new will in fact happen for 2022

FastRice

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A 91 Supra, 2002 Acura NSX, 1989 Turbo Trans Am
This is why I have my NSX it has a targa so that way when I feel like top off cruising boom. Rest of the time Supra is perfect.
Having both truly makes perfection for me and I’m very lucky.
But a targa Supra with the mkiv spoiler hmm it may be tempting???

antonio88x

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Didn't buy one last year because I heard this year they were getting more power. Now I'm waiting to see if there will be a manual next year. Now after this I'll be waiting to see if there's a Targa coming the year after. Maybe I'll finally get one the last year of production when they actually offer all the options they should have offered from the beginning.
Just get a really good deal on a new one if you can. Where you beat the first year depreciation. That way you can still enjoy the car and later on, trade up for a newer one if they add those features. But waiting for something that might never happen is just wasting your few healthy years on Earth. That's my unsolicited opinion lol.

Guff

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A80, A90, Mk1 Celica
Vehicle Showcase
Considering we can't even have the windows down right now, imagine the wind buffeting with the roof off too! :popcorn:

jkjk, it looks dope. I wouldn't pick a targa myself but it would be an excellent option.

antonio88x

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Considering we can't even have the windows down right now, imagine the wind buffeting with the roof off too! :popcorn:

jkjk, it looks dope. I wouldn't pick a targa myself but it would be an excellent option.
Any more MKV content coming to the channel?
Sponsored