Toyota Should Be ASHAMED - Pathetic parts support

MYA90SUPRA

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra premium
OP did state they changed the sensor and the issue was still there. Perhaps it could be some damaged wiring somewhere along the line that the tech didn't check. Saw no mention of that.
It would be interesting to see everything the tech did to pinpoint it to the ecu.
Sponsored

Motorknut

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra RZ, BMW G20 gone:BMW F30, E85, E46
The tech probably guessed and moved on. When it finally comes in and it doesnā€™t fix it he will call Toyota for more help.
sounds close to what Iā€™ve observed. after waiting months for the parts on the first guess, you get to wait some more for the next one

MisterSkiz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra, 2008 Lexus IS-F
The tech probably guessed and moved on. When it finally comes in and it doesnā€™t fix it he will call Toyota for more help.
BRING OUT THE PARTS CANNON!

Motorknut

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra RZ, BMW G20 gone:BMW F30, E85, E46
Dudeā€™s handing out GFYā€™s like:

1649329506046.gif

I get that this is a place for conversation, but letā€™s be civil and not give the world a negative impression of Supra owners.
OP may have used some language, but a lot of guys jumped on him and still are. calling him entitled off the bat wasnt really required to make a point about the logistics situation.

heā€™s frustrated with his car not being fixed. for most of you who havent suffered bad warranty repairs, good for you. the rest of us havenā€™t been as lucky. Having a faulty car from day 1 canā€™t be fun.

Kmj442

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium, '17 RDX, '12 Cooper S
Ok I can solve this:

if its a CAN signal, just get an arduino with a CAN Bus shield and write a little code so it handles it properly.

If its just a logic low/high, tie the wire that goes back to the BCM to whichever makes it think the trunk is close.

like $50 for parts if you have to go the arduino/can route.

romanLegion9574

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0, 2023 Toyota GRC Core
If it is wiring, that can be hard to find or beyond what techs are allowed to do in terms of taking the car apart. It brings up a good question: what is a Supra-certified tech actually certified to do?

HAL 9000

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKIV Supra
If it is wiring, that can be hard to find or beyond what techs are allowed to do in terms of taking the car apart. It brings up a good question: what is a Supra-certified tech actually certified to do?
all that means is they took a three day class, learned how to hook up the scan tool and check oil and basic checks

Reactions: zrk

SupraNews

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 XSE Hatch, 22 3.0 Prem, Chevy Z06(waiting list)
GFY dude. It's not just a light. Because the car always thinks the hatch is open, the interior lights are always on too, at night. It's a body control module, who knows what could go wrong if something else fries in it. Maybe the windows could stop working altogether, maybe the immobilizer goes wrong mid-drive and veers me into a tree. Bottom line is that something has been wrong with my car from day 1, and Toyota is completely unable to fix it. This is literally a forum for talking about issues with the Supra, how am I the asshole here?
Because of the way you talk to other people and your attitude towards the situation shows a complete disregard for the way things are these days. Your justification for being mad is there to an extent but not when you are talking like this clearly this is your first remotely high end car. Things happen cars have problems grow up though can't act like this.

AyeBird

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bagged 9th gen Accord and hopefully, an A90.
GFY dude. It's not just a light. Because the car always thinks the hatch is open, the interior lights are always on too, at night. It's a body control module, who knows what could go wrong if something else fries in it. Maybe the windows could stop working altogether, maybe the immobilizer goes wrong mid-drive and veers me into a tree. Bottom line is that something has been wrong with my car from day 1, and Toyota is completely unable to fix it. This is literally a forum for talking about issues with the Supra, how am I the asshole here?
Uhhā€¦ Just a thought?
BF7B8A7E-AD6E-486C-A930-7DFE9146732B.jpeg

Chilort

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW Z4
As somebody who was a validation engineer for one of Toyota's major suppliers years ago, I hate to burst your bubble but the body control module for all of these cars is the same (and I did direct work on Toyota BCMs). That they can't supply them is actually an egregious failure as the op recognizes.

The few people on here who claim to be able to play with electronics have no actual knowledge of what happens on the inside of this industry. It's more than likely a module that passes QC that shouldn't have and the poor OP is now getting screwed around.

Millions and millions of dollars in profits only to pass blame along to those who have no control while blaming it on supply chain ( industry after industry). And anybody that wants to support the industry for their supply chain problems can just pound sand. There were decades of knowledgeable experiences that show what happens when single source suppliers fail.. Seriously, pound sand, pound sand, pound sand. Apologize for them as long as you want and then go back to pounding sand.

We're not talking about some new company that's never experienced things before. We're talking about a company that's been working on this for 80 plus years. The company that, in the past, was actually been quite good at this. So for all of you that are trying to wave the flag in their favor, you're just supporting their bullshit Thanks for sucking on the nutsack. "It only makes sense that Toyota quality is great while I have that dysfunctional car."

LinkMK5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 A91-CF, 21 X5 4.0i
I called my local dealership just for S&G, they can have it in a weeks time. Are we sure the problem is Toyota or that particular dealership OP has been dealing with?

romanLegion9574

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0, 2023 Toyota GRC Core
I called my local dealership just for S&G, they can have it in a weeks time. Are we sure the problem is Toyota or that particular dealership OP has been dealing with?
Location could be a factor. I'd imagine dealers in areas where Supras are rare would have tougher times getting allocations and sourcing parts.
Sponsored