What Don't You Like About Your New Supra?

jchadwell

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium
Also, if anyone disagrees with the above please let me know.
What am I missing? I simply chose the selection in settings to turn off when opening the door. It turns everything off every time, no matter how long I wait (or do not wait) to open the door.
Sponsored

diablo2112

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 BMW M3 Competition
I'd be happy to have the Carplay crashes solved. These are out of control. My system crashes and reboots about 2/3 of my various drives. The audio source gets switched if *anything* happens to the phone (text, V1driver alert, notification). All software related, no doubt, so I'm hoping an update solves these problems.

Xxyion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Refraction Blue, 05' S2000
I'd be happy to have the Carplay crashes solved. These are out of control. My system crashes and reboots about 2/3 of my various drives. The audio source gets switched if *anything* happens to the phone (text, V1driver alert, notification). All software related, no doubt, so I'm hoping an update solves these problems.
Yeah i get these a lot too. Its surprising since my M2 Competition did not have anywhere close tot he number of crashes my Supra has had. Same system too.

Ediburrito

First Name
Edi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I am curious to see what other peoples gripes are with the car. Here's my current list:

1) Wind Buffeting with the windows down above 50mph.

2) Unused space on the gauge cluster! This is a performance car, and had so much track publicity, but I can't see anything other than fuel/coolant temp (non-numerical) on the dash! Why is there so much display real estate unused unless you have navigation on?! Why are simple things like BOOST, OIL TEMP, TIRE PRESS, TIRE TEMP not able to be toggled on the cluster?

3) Having to power down the radio after the ignition.* (My dealer told me this is the proper method, I haven't tried just leaving it on overnight to see what happens)

4) Infotainment navigation is not intuitive, for me personally.

5) The cigarette outlet is right in front of the wireless charger, so don't plug anything in there like a radar detector if you want to get your phone out of the wireless charger!

6) Buzz in the dash at 3500rpms. Accel/Decel, any gear, as soon as I hit 3500rpms I get a buzzing sound and of course its from inside the dead center of the dash.

7) No trunk release mechanism on the outside of the car. Must use key fob or switch on door.

Mines kinda controversial: so when you first drive the car is obviously still a bit cold. But thatā€™s when those POPs just sound insane and I love it, so what I donā€™t like is that after cruising around for 10-15 minutes the pops just never come back to what they initially sound like at the begging): I know thatā€™s being picky, but how cool would it be if the car just popped like crazy for at least 45 minutes? I donā€™t know lol. The reason this happens is actually because the b58 is designed to warm up rapidly and get to normal operating temperature, so yeah. Lol.

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
The only thing that realy bothered me was the wind buffeting. Which was easily fixed with Rexpeed deflectors. Other than that the car has been a dream to drive.

-RJM

Msoupe

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0, Civic Hatch, C10 Pickup
  • Sun visors are too short (or maybe I'm too short haha)
  • No way to block the sun from the side window either
  • Bad audio lag with phone using Bluetooth
  • Can't sync left & right climate control temperature
Other than that, nothing a little coding or perspective can't fix. This is an awesome car.

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
My complaints....

1 - was the wind buffeting - now fixed
2 - the fact that you cant rotate the sun visors
3 - I have to be within inches of the door handle for it to unlock when I pull the handle
4 - passengers side window switch gets stuck in the down position
5 - 5x120 wheel bolt pattern
6 - the amount of aftermarket CF parts are going to make me go broke

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
My complaints....

1 - was the wind buffeting - now fixed
2 - the fact that you cant rotate the sun visors
3 - I have to be within inches of the door handle for it to unlock when I pull the handle
4 - passengers side window switch gets stuck in the down position
5 - 5x120 wheel bolt pattern
6 - the amount of aftermarket CF parts are going to make me go broke

5x120???

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra

swift.mk5

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 3.0 Supra Premium
Thanks guys. I dont know if thats better or worse than 120. Guess I will restart my search. No TE37s for me as too many people already have them. I like being different.
I really like the HRE P101 style wheels too, not sure if there are any out there with Supra fitment.
What wheels are you thinking of picking up?

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
I really like the HRE P101 style wheels too, not sure if there are any out there with Supra fitment.
What wheels are you thinking of picking up?
Was looking at the Enkei GTC01RR but their 112 lug pattern selection sucks. So on to something else now. Looking to get something I am a dealer for. So Advan, BBS, Enkei, Rays (or any of their sister brands) or SSR.

nosavingthrow

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2022 Mazda 3 Turbo
Bumping this thread as I actually found it very helpful back when I was deciding if I wanted to buy a Supra or not. It was great to be able to find out about some of the "little things" that might bug me and be prepared for them. Some of them I was able to research and find out there was "workarounds" if you were willing to code via Bimmercode or DIY.

My list is below. Mostly trivial/petty things but there is a couple bigger concerns:

1. No dipstick, electronic oil level measuring only, which requires 20-30 mins of driving first. It's pretty dumb.
  2. No external trunk release button. I've made this easier to deal with by adding a couple very tiny glue-on black rhinestones to the trunk release button on the fob, so I can find it via touch in my pocket.
  3. Driver side trunk release - if you use this, and then shut the door even slightly hard, it relatches the trunk due to air pressure. Easy to avoid once you realize what causes it, but was frustrating before.
  4. No "Full Screen" Carplay unless you have a 3/21 (roughly) or newer build date, or you pay $100 to have someone remotely update the headunit firmware. (its worth paying for tho)
  5. Toyota dealership technical expertise on the car is extremely hit and miss, if you do end needing to take it in.
  6. No pause/play button in the console or steering wheel.
  7. Next/Previous track buttons are located maximum distance from the driver
  8. Next/Previous track steering wheel controls take two clicks most of the time, due to having to select, then confirm.
  9. Stock subwoofer vibrations (can fix with fairly easy DIY steps)
  10. Auto engine off when idle and not in sport mode. (easy fix with Bimmercode)
  11. Car chirps very loudly when locking/unlocking. Even if you are just using the door handle controls. (easy fix with Bimmercode)
  12. Wind buffeting with windows down (many options for super easy DIY fix)
  13. Center console could use a little more storage - either a small lift-up compartment like most cars, or maybe something built into the space between the subs.
    1. DID YOU KNOW? There is pockets on the backs of the seats?? Not a lot of room there, but I didn't discover them for months.
  14. Wish the Sport Mode button was located on the steering wheel instead of center console. Awkward location.
  15. HUD could have tachometer / more info.
Sponsored