When will you do your first oil change?

Frosty

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra, 2016 Ford F150, 1993 Ford Mustang GT
That's exactly what I'll be doing. Already did the first change and have the second kit sitting on the shelf.. also picked up a transmission service too and will be doing that at 25k then every 40k thereafter.

Service kits I'm using (if interested):

OIL - https://www.ecstuning.com/b-assembled-by-ecs-parts/oil-change-kit/hu6022zkt/

Transmission - https://www.ecstuning.com/b-assembled-by-ecs-parts/trans-service-kit/24118612901kt/
I wish they had other oil options for the engine. Thanks for sharing.
Sponsored

Half Vast

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 Supra, 01 Tundra Limited, 00 4Runner
"When will you do your first oil change?"

When they pry it from my cold, dead hands.

Oh, wait a minute, wrong forum. My bad.

Coming up on 1 year ownership. Car has roughly 4000 miles on it. Will be taking it in next month for normal service and get the oil changed then.

APanoMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE
Vehicle Showcase
I got a message at 2500 for oil change so I did my first one. It took the dealer 3 days to change oil. Smh

Grendel-13

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 2017 Corvette Grand Sport 2015 BMW 435xi
I got a message at 2500 for oil change so I did my first one. It took the dealer 3 days to change oil. Smh
How come it took three days? Did they have to wait for a specific tech to service it?

APanoMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE
Vehicle Showcase
How come it took three days? Did they have to wait for a specific tech to service it?
Day1 it took them 4 hours to tell me they didnā€™t have the oil for the change, and yes I told them beforehand I was coming in with a new Supra. Day 2 went to the dealer I bought the car from rather than the dealer from day 1, called ahead and told them to make sure they have all the correct parts and told them about the day before. Showed up there and about 2-3 hours after waiting they told me they donā€™t have the correct oil filter. At this point it was almost 6 so they gave me a car to go home in and the next day I went back, waited half an hour (noon ish) and the car was done finally!

dsipple92

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra
I do 3-5k a year because I have a work vehicle. so I will be on that yearly plan which the car will inform me of When it is time. I also plan to use my free oil changes from toyota that came with my purchase.

dsipple92

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra
Changing the oil early for the first time os a very old school practice. I wont knock it I understand some of you are set in the way. But for those curious this is straight from bmw.
Read #4. Itā€™s obviously up to the owner of their vehicle how they want to do their changes but id there is someone that is worried they missed that opportunity -no your car isnt going to be permanently damaged because of it.
https://www.bmw.com/en/automotive-life/break-in-a-new-car.html

FC4E76B8-891E-4AA8-A761-93D848A75EB2.png

65249CD3-EF5B-4D53-BD38-4C6B8966FE60.png

dsipple92

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra
If I were you, I'd take the free oil and filter from the service department and do it yourself. I change the oil on my avalon and this car is, by far, easier to change.
As a technician myself I donā€™t immediately distrust my dealership. I also do not enjoy bringing my work home especially an oil change. Im sure the fact that I have industry friends does also mean I know who will be working on my vehicle and that benefits me.

To each their own.

gtshnzr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Prem., 2015 Subaru XV, 2003 MINI JCW, 1972 TR6
Vehicle Showcase
Changing the oil early for the first time os a very old school practice. I wont knock it I understand some of you are set in the way. But for those curious this is straight from bmw.
Read #4. Itā€™s obviously up to the owner of their vehicle how they want to do their changes but id there is someone that is worried they missed that opportunity -no your car isnt going to be permanently damaged because of it.

Informative, thanks

lowlife

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2004 VW R32
Just did mine at 5k. Sent off the oil to blackstone for analysis. Nice thing about this oil being so thin is that the car didn't need to be warmed up. Did the oil change cold and it flowed out no problem.

The change was a little more difficult than my GTI as I had to actually get underneath it. For the GTI I use an oil extractor and pull straight from the dipstick tube. so I don't have to get underneath it and use the drain plug.

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
I will be doing mine next season. Oil change indicator came on since it's been over a year from the date of manufacture, but my car was only 150miles shy of ending the season so just drove with the reminder on and put her away several weeks ago. Car has 1200 miles.

Take_my_money

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MkV, Taco TRD-OR
Vehicle Showcase
The real question should be will you let the dealer put 0w20 or 0w30 ACEA C5 and API SN oil that is way too thin for the B58 engine and likely only used to meet CAFE: corporate fuel efficiency standards.

I don't believe any 0w20 or 0w30 ACEA C5 and API SN oil has the appropriate High-Temperature/High-Shear Viscosity level necessary to handle the engines level of power output. You need ā‰„ 3.5 cP HTHS viscosity to protect your B58 engine if you ever plan on accelerating hard, which I would believe we all do on a regular basis, at least I do. I believe BMW use to use 5w30 for this power plant, and with technology advances in the lubrication sector 0w40 is what I've seen used recently as a balance of protection and efficiency, and that oil is ā‰„ 3.5 cP HTHS viscosity if you were wondering.
Sponsored