Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
--
1. Cheap in what sense?
2. Everyone considers that the best Corvette, so no arguments there
3. MK4 had it too
1 Cheap by putting a Supra name on BMW and lazy too, this project was based on cost cutting, They tweaked few things but they didn't build it.

2 That was in the 90s, The power figures got better with C6 then C7, The A90 power figures didn't change much from 25 years A80,
yeah it wasn't in production all this time, but they honestly they had no choice as BMW Z4 power figures is positioned below certain models from their lineup, Toyota cornered themselves here.

3 What I meant is offering Auto only which is also part of the cost cutting doesn't excites me and many others, mistakenly some people think this will trickle down to the sales price.

adprokid

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
--
LCF is coming out soon, look forward to that. Though, I think the V35 will not be used in that either.

1. Ehhhh
2. I see nothing wrong with that.
3. That's been discussed. Having a manual to handle the engine's power and potential power from mods would cause the price to hike up due to the exotic materials needed.
Sigh

Spilner

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
earl
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
none
1 Cheap by putting a Supra name on BMW and lazy too, this project was based on cost cutting, They tweaked few things but they didn't build it.

2 That was in the 90s, The power figures got better with C6 then C7, The A90 power figures didn't change much from 25 years A80,
yeah it wasn't in production all this time, but they honestly they had no choice as BMW Z4 power figures is positioned below certain models from their lineup, Toyota cornered themselves here.

3 What I meant is offering Auto only which is also part of the cost cutting doesn't excites me and many others, mistakenly some people think this will trickle down to the sales price.
1)but they inspected it to ensure that the parts were good...because they know too well what happens when they get a part from Germany
2) Exactly, it wasn't in production all this time
3) Great AT either way

Last edited:

adprokid

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
--
1)but they inspected it to ensure that the parts were good...because they know too well what happens when they get a part from Germany
2) Exactly, it wasn't in production all this time
3) Great AT either way
1) Thats cost cutting and lazy, the chief engineer is known for making vans, and he never made a sports car on his own, always asking by collaborations, worst is he is using the iconic Supra name on his project, Mr Akio is to blame for approving this mess.

2) So you agree its underpowered.

3) Manual is great too.

Spilner

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
earl
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
none
1) Thats cost cutting and lazy, the chief engineer is known for making vans, and he never made a sports car on his own, always asking by collaborations, worst is he is using the iconic Supra name on his project, Mr Akio is to blame for approving this mess.

2) So you agree its underpowered.

3) Manual is great too.
1) do you even know who Tada's master is?
2)it's not always about straightline performance
3)yes it is

SVHO

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 MX5 ND, 2019 Acura RDX
No manual no buy. Its like a hot girl without the tis...

adprokid

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
--
1) do you even know who Tada's master is?
2)it's not always about straightline performance
3)yes it is
What did he do as Chief engineer of this project ? tuning the suspension ? what else was developed by Toyota ?

Excitement goes to 1

KahnBB6

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'93 Lexus SC300 2JZGTE R154 LSD & 2023 GR86 6MT
Based on everything I've learned so far (including this car's ability to be easily tuned for far more than its stock power level with a stout engine), I'm excited for this car on all fronts except that it's currently automatic-only. Hopefully that won't remain the case over the course of the entire model run.

Everything else though has so far been very promising IMO.

SS900

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 Supra twin turbo
@A70TTR, Oh snap!

There are more examples out there but I am not going to chase it all down for you.

And btw, you didnā€™t answer my question.

01FF98E2-28E8-40DE-9E43-77D3B3FE494F.jpeg

BrettS

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2011 gti
Vehicle Showcase
@A70TTR, Oh snap!

There are more examples out there but I am not going to chase it all down for you.

And btw, you didnā€™t answer my question.

01FF98E2-28E8-40DE-9E43-77D3B3FE494F.jpeg
So youā€™re all about ā€œfactsā€ but yet quote probably one of the least credible media outlets?

2JZ-No-Sh*t

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet