Status
Not open for further replies.

Supra93

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra & RX7
What I think could end up happening is in 2016 we will most likely see BMW's concept. Then Supra test mules with the production body will start hitting the streets in 2016-2017. And than finally, production version unveiled in 2018.
Sponsored

Scuba Steve

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Audi S4
What I think could end up happening is in 2016 we will most likely see BMW's concept. Then Supra test mules with the production body will start hitting the streets in 2016-2017. And than finally, production version unveiled in 2018.
Would mean nothing in 2015 for the Supra (no concepts and no test mules) :(

Supra93

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra & RX7
Well, as others have stated; we could see a real life version of the FT-1 Gran Turismo at the Tokyo Auto Salon.

TOYOTA_FT-1_Vision_Gran_Turismo_02.jpg

black-supra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Very Fast
I'm sure there won't be an entire year without something. We'll see some FT-1 / Supra news, leaks, spy pics, another concept. Car companies know the marketing game and how to keep people talking and interested in their cars before they're brought to market.

Supra93

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra & RX7
We haven't had any updated concepts or spied test mules of the LF-LC since October 2012. And if I recall correctly, there was a huge time gap with the 86 as well. The FT-86 debuted in October of 2009 (FT-86 G Sported debuted January of 2010). FT-86 II did not appear until March of 2011.

Big George

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mazda 3, X5 V8
Shame the car wasn't coming out justa bout now. Gas prices and interest rates are low, the economy and stock market are steaming along and car sales numbers are breaking records. Would be a great environment to launch a sports car which I view as discretionary spending. Hopefully in 2 years when the car comes out things won't have turned bad. Look what happened the last recession hit, a lot of cool cars got nixed before they even had a chance.

Craigy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M3, Lexus GX
Shame the car wasn't coming out justa bout now. Gas prices and interest rates are low, the economy and stock market are steaming along and car sales numbers are breaking records. Would be a great environment to launch a sports car which I view as discretionary spending. Hopefully in 2 years when the car comes out things won't have turned bad. Look what happened the last recession hit, a lot of cool cars got nixed before they even had a chance.
The legitimate companies still produced cars. Nissan gave us the GT-R. Even GM brought out the ZR1. Business as usual everywhere else, just in smaller numbers.

fox body

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Pogo Stick
Yea they'll just keep offering up more turbo 4 cars in place of V8's and other NA engines like what is happening with the M3/M4 and the Mustang (tho that V8 still exists, for now). The real problem now isn't gas prices but the strict CAFE standards that have all the sports cars in a pinch.

JonMon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Cars
Yea they'll just keep offering up more turbo 4 cars in place of V8's and other NA engines like what is happening with the M3/M4 and the Mustang (tho that V8 still exists, for now). The real problem now isn't gas prices but the strict CAFE standards that have all the sports cars in a pinch.
What a shame seeing the V8's die off while gas prices are now falling through the floor and predicted to be that way for a long time.

Supra93

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra & RX7
What platform was the LF-LC concept built on?
Lexus has hinted that the LC coupe will be built on a shorten version of the next gen LS sedan's platform.

Rod.S

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FJ
Lexus has hinted that the LC coupe will be built on a shorten version of the next gen LS sedan's platform.
What about the concept tho? FT-1 is just on a RC platform, so was wondering what they did with the concept for the LF-LC.

Supra93

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra & RX7
What about the concept tho? FT-1 is just on a RC platform, so was wondering what they did with the concept for the LF-LC.
I was told on ClubLexus that the LF-LC concept was built on a modified LFA chassis.

Mr. M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FIT
What a shame seeing the V8's die off while gas prices are now falling through the floor and predicted to be that way for a long time.
Great time for auto sales in US. Up 6% for the year and 11% in Dec alone. I bet a lot has to do with low gas prices too. More $ left over for discretionary buying.

Supra93

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra & RX7
I wonder how long gas prices will stay low?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.