šŸ‘£ Official: Toyota Announces Manual Transmission Supra!

Only interested if it comes in manual?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
Iā€™d probably choose a stick shift only with the right amount of power/torque. That being said, 300-400 stock power/torque will do. Anything more than that, it will probably not be as fun to drive as I hoped for since it will be too wild to control and not really enjoyable in a street legal car.
I jokingly commented way back that itā€™ll be funny if Toyota released the manual for the 2.0 only. But I do wonder how many would actually dump their auto 3.0 for a stick 2.0
Sponsored

REDL1NE

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1997 Supra
I jokingly commented way back that itā€™ll be funny if Toyota released the manual for the 2.0 only. But I do wonder how many would actually dump their auto 3.0 for a stick 2.0
I don't think that I would. Just not much interest in the 2.0. Perhaps some would though.

Maybe make a manual for both. Like the Turbo MKIV and NA MKIV.

DDantas

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 bmw 328d
First time posting in almost 3 years, throwing my 2 cents in, I don't really care about top speed or 0-60 that much, especially if it's not usable in daily life and would get me pulled over. I want a manual for the fun factor. Been holding out since the supra was first announced, and if they do indeed release the manual, I will definitely be getting one.

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
If the manual is anything like the ā€œmanualā€ that is in the 21 broncos I wouldnā€™t want it anyway. I have never driven a manual that has so many nanny features itā€™s virtually like driving an auto.
it will start rolling the vehicle for you when you begin releasing the clutch so you donā€™t have to time your gas and clutch release and on the off chance you DO manage to stall it then when you depress the clutch it will fully restart itself. Itā€™s gotten to the point you have to ask people if they know how to drive actual stick or ā€œnew age stickā€

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
Been holding out since the supra was first announced, and if they do indeed release the manual, I will definitely be getting one.
What if it was only for the 2.0?

satx_phantom

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Ford Fiesta; BMW M3 CS (G80) Waitlist
I too wouldn't be surprised if the MT option showed up only on the 2.0. Reading this thread it seems like it's the compromise option that would satisfy most participants, if some can get past the 2.0 vs. 3.0 FOMO.

Stvee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium MT, 2007 4Runner
I'm in the same boat and didn't really have a lot of interest in this car until the manual rumors seemed solid. I'm only interested in the 3.0.

If the supra doesn't end up with a manual in the 3.0 this year, I'll most likely end up with one of the M2 variants.

romanLegion9574

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0, 2023 Toyota GRC Core
best part of that article: "Row, row, row your gears, swiftly down the strip. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Supra's left a gap."

Reactions: zrk

DDantas

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 bmw 328d
Just more rumors and hearsay.

I won't get my hopes up until Toyota confirms it.
Sure, I get that, but it almost feels different this time around. Multiple articles, a770tr saying it, and the fact that the Nissan Z is coming out with a manual means Toyota is definitely feeling the heat. Either way, I'm getting my hopes up just a little :confused1:

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
Status
Not open for further replies.