šŸ‘£ Official: Toyota Announces Manual Transmission Supra!

Only interested if it comes in manual?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Supraboi7

First Name
Johnny Boi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
Donā€™t listen to him. He doesnā€™t own a Supra anymore. ?
Lol. I met him in person, super nice chill guy. I thought it was weird how quickly he got rid of it tho, oh well

Travelingsoldier

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2001 2.5RS, 2003 WRX, 2005 STI, 2012 WRX, 2017 Hobie Tandem Island
Lol. I met him in person, super nice chill guy. I thought it was weird how quickly he got rid of it tho, oh well
His supra was too reliable compared to both of his current bmw. ?

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
His supra was too reliable compared to both of his current bmw. ?
Honestly, the Supra videos probably just didn't have the views the BMW videos have/get, etc. Business is business.

GMsuperfan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 A91 Refraction, 68 Camaro SS, 17 GTI
Honestly, the Supra videos probably just didn't have the views the BMW videos have/get, etc. Business is business.
I still follow him given he lives in my city and i bump into him at events around town, he's a great dude. I could care less about F30's or whatever most of the other BMW models are at this point, i followed him for his supra content which was good and entertaining. If i had a big flip budget to be swapping out new vehicles every 1-2 years, i probably would too. :)

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
I still follow him given he lives in my city and i bump into him at events around town, he's a great dude. I could care less about F30's or whatever most of the other BMW models are at this point, i followed him for his supra content which was good and entertaining. If i had a big flip budget to be swapping out new vehicles every 1-2 years, i probably would too. :)
I still follow him as well. He and his videos are relatively entertaining if nothing else. ;)

Matador

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'87 E30, '95 Mk4 Supra, '03 Legacy GT
IMO, Yaris and Corolla are existing platforms, and it wouldn't take as much money, effort, and resource to polish those platforms into a sportier driving experience, over an entirely new platform. Yaris hatchback is also a Mazda 2, BTW.
Footnote, the global Yaris is *not* based on the Mazda 2 platform.

And as @F1 Silver Arrows mentioned, The GR Yaris was backed by a Multi-Million dollar racing program where if we are being real, was not only about Toyota/Toyoda saying "lol fkoff, we can build properly brilliant sports cars by ourselves" but lining the Trophy cabinets and generating buzz with multiple World Rally Championship trophies.

Anyway, glad to see the come about on a row your own verion of the MkV. I feel like these are gonna be as pricey as 6 speed hard top TT Mk4s in 20 years. LOL

First Name
Abraham
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 MB C300, 2021 GR Supra, 1989 Ferrari 348 TS
It's not just the Supra. I've experienced the same problem on my parent's 99 Camry and 04 Highlander, as well as my uncle's '18 Camry. It seems to pop up in other models as well. Toyota has never really solved this issue well across the range, from what it seems like.
Verus Engineering solved that issue for $185.

Attachments

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
I've got AMS on, with similar results. It's more the point that Toyota hasn't cared enough to fix wind buffeting across their models for 20 years.
I do think Toyota not correcting the issue from the factory after 3 model years is a bit lazy for a $57k car.
Porsche has the same buffeting "issues" on a $150k GT3 lol. They haven't fixed it, because they don't want to, or need to. They make the car as slippery as possible with the windows up. If that induces buffeting with the window down, so be it.

GMsuperfan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 A91 Refraction, 68 Camaro SS, 17 GTI
Thiccs Supra content is what pushed me over the edge to buy a Supra. His content was very good. Unfortunately, he called it quits.
Meh, his loss TBH. Heā€™s taken a bath on his F30. Complete motor swap in the first 60 days of ownership due to rod knock. Yā€™ouch! Itā€™s a write off for him though, he just has to keep building subscribers and viewers on YT and heā€™s good.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.