šŸ‘£ Official: Toyota Announces Manual Transmission Supra!

Only interested if it comes in manual?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

F1 Silver Arrows

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mercedes F1 W07 Hybrid
Hope not. That's like putting a stick in a Porsche RS car. Pointless. The ultimate performance version shouldn't have a manual slowing it down.
I'm pretty sure every single GRMN car has had a manual transmission. This should be no different.

Also, I think of the GRMN like the A80's "Supra Turbo" trim. Not an RS trim for a 911.

Also for Christ's sakes you're so hell-bent on this anti-manual hate parade it's bizarre. You literally put a deposit on a GR Corolla and that thing comes in manual only. Not everyone is going to be tracking their RS or their GRMN.

Screenshot for posterity.

1649285763307.png

BobbyC1221

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Thatā€™s def a huge gap from 380 Hp - 500. Crazy. Iā€™ll definitely have to take a drive once my dealership gets one.

Im still hoping for a targa top + manual hell, even with the auto. I havenā€™t had any issues with it. It shifts pretty quick. Little lag from time to time but not enough to notice or slow you down.

Thereā€™s really no reason why they canā€™t make these. The absolute points are there bc of the beamer. So itā€™s just a matter of making them.

make them!! Pleaaassee!!? Dealership said they donā€™t know of any plans for a targa top version at the moment. Iā€™m hoping if these sell better than the previous, theyā€™ll reconsider.
That 1-off version at SEMA (I think) was gorgeous. The only thing I can possibly think of that would make it a bit wonky is the bumps on the roof. But come on. Those will fit in the trunk!

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
I'm pretty sure every single GRMN car has had a manual transmission. This should be no different.

Also, I think of the GRMN like the A80's "Supra Turbo" trim. Not an RS trim for a 911.

Also for Christ's sakes you're so hell-bent on this anti-manual hate parade it's bizarre. You literally put a deposit on a GR Corolla and that thing comes in manual only. Not everyone is going to be tracking their RS or their GRMN.

Screenshot for posterity.

1649285763307.png
Why are you always looking for an argument with me? As soon as I say something, you're there making screen shots, just typing away furiously. And you always get shot down. You never learn. Ready for another lesson?

I don't dislike manuals. At all. They have a place. The GR Corolla isn't about pure speed performance. Porsche RS cars are, that's why they're PDK only. The GRMN Supra would be too, that's why it's rumored to have a DCT instead of the ZF8.
(Seeing a trend here?)

Manuals are great, when slower options don't take away from the car. A Civic, a BRZ, a WRX, a Corolla, a Boxster S for the old fart, base Corvettes, 4 cyl Supra, and so on.

But "performance" models, should have performance parts, like modern RS cars, Ferrari's, McLaren's, Lamborghini's, etc. How many of those have manuals? Exactly.

So please stop with the stalking, it's getting a tad uncomfortable :rofl:

F1 Silver Arrows

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mercedes F1 W07 Hybrid
Why are you always looking for an argument with me? As soon as I say something, you're there making screen shots, just typing away furiously. And you always get shot down. You never learn. Ready for another lesson?
Not trying to argue with you at all. Every single time there is a discussion of a manual you jut yourself in saying how there shouldn't be a manual. Nobody cares if you hope there isn't a manual. There should be options for everyone. That's what keeps an OEM on their toes.

And who the hell is shooting me down? You? HAHAHAHA.

"You never learn", and "ready for another lesson?" Is this how you talk to your family members too? You totally don't sound insane.

I don't dislike manuals. At all. They have a place. The GR Corolla isn't about pure speed performance. Porsche RS cars are, that's why they're PDK only. The GRMN Supra would be too, that's why it's rumored to have a DCT instead of the ZF8.
(Seeing a trend here?)
The Supra GRMN is supposed to be the Supra Turbo of back in the day. The 4-cylinder GR Supra ain't the base Supra. So we need a tier above. Also this isn't intended to even be like the RS whatsoever. It's supposed to be a high-horsepower Supra like the old days and a stick will make it much more fun for so many buyers.

Manuals are great, when slower options don't take away from the car. A Civic, a BRZ, a WRX, a Corolla, a Boxster S for the old fart, base Corvettes, 4 cyl Supra, and so on.

But "performance" models, should have performance parts, like modern RS cars, Ferrari's, McLaren's, Lamborghini's, etc. How many of those have manuals? Exactly.
You're comparing $250,000+ SUPERCARS with sports cars. The Supra GRMN will be a sports car that will still be HALF the price of those supercars. It may have supercar performance, but it will still cost half of those cars you mention.

So please stop with the stalking, it's getting a tad uncomfortable :rofl:
I have no reason to stalk you. Stalking is when you literally go down someone's history from many years ago to stick it to them like insane people on Twitter. But you've always been on this hate-parade against a manual in the GR Supra, which is bizarre.

If you're happy with your ZF8, that's fantastic. Heck, I wouldn't mind having one either. But a lot of us want a manual because the GR Supra is a sports car, and sports cars are meant to be fun. To make it even more fun than it already is, a stick is what a lot of us want.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
Not trying to argue with you at all. Every single time there is a discussion of a manual you jut yourself in saying how there shouldn't be a manual. Nobody cares if you hope there isn't a manual. There should be options for everyone. That's what keeps an OEM on their toes.

And who the hell is shooting me down? You? HAHAHAHA.

"You never learn", and "ready for another lesson?" Is this how you talk to your family members too? You totally don't sound insane.

The Supra GRMN is supposed to be the Supra Turbo of back in the day. The 4-cylinder GR Supra ain't the base Supra. So we need a tier above. Also this isn't intended to even be like the RS whatsoever. It's supposed to be a high-horsepower Supra like the old days and a stick will make it much more fun for so many buyers.

You're comparing $250,000+ SUPERCARS with sports cars. The Supra GRMN will be a sports car that will still be HALF the price of those supercars. It may have supercar performance, but it will still cost half of those cars you mention.

I have no reason to stalk you. Stalking is when you literally go down someone's history from many years ago to stick it to them like insane people on Twitter. But you've always been on this hate-parade against a manual in the GR Supra, which is bizarre.

If you're happy with your ZF8, that's fantastic. Heck, I wouldn't mind having one either. But a lot of us want a manual because the GR Supra is a sports car, and sports cars are meant to be fun. To make it even more fun than it already is, a stick is what a lot of us want.
Well, case in point.... all that, just proves my point. It's unhealthy man, let it go.

You're out here replying, but you don't even have "a" Supra. So how do you know what it does or doesn't need?

F1 Silver Arrows

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mercedes F1 W07 Hybrid
Well, case in point.... all that, just proves my point. It's unhealthy man, let it go.
I proved nothing for you but go off.

You're out here replying, but you don't even have "a" Supra. So how do you know what it does or doesn't need?
I've driven one? And why would I need to buy one in this current climate? Childish behavior.

F1 Silver Arrows

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mercedes F1 W07 Hybrid
You guys know if thereā€™s a website I can check to see if the ECU still needs to go overseas?
Unfortunately I don't. But that brings up a question.

Has there been anyone that has done it within these forums? All of them would have to be sent to Russia. And is anyone still taking ECU's from there given the current state of things?

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Unfortunately I don't. But that brings up a question.

Has there been anyone that has done it within these forums? All of them would have to be sent to Russia. And is anyone still taking ECU's from there given the current state of things?
I'm not sure if you're kidding or not :|, I was just trying to lighten the mood a little bit. It's been a little hostile around these parts the last few days. I'm partially to blame as well. ā˜¹

I run/"maintain" https://willmy062020plusecugotorussia.com/, and I have sent my ECU to Russia. Visconti is still sending ECUs to Femto. I need to update the site.

Last edited:

F1 Silver Arrows

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mercedes F1 W07 Hybrid
I'm not sure if you're kidding or not :|, I was just trying to lighten the mood a little bit. It's been a little hostile around these parts the last few days. I'm partially to blame as well. ā˜¹

I run/"maintain" https://willmy062020plusecugotorussia.com/, and I have sent my ECU to Russia. Visconti is still sending ECUs to Femto. I need to update the site.
OH! Sorry bud I couldn't tell. I was a little surprised that you asked this question in the manual transmission thread.

I haven't noticed the hostility as I only pop in every once in a while to see if there's any updates of the manual GR Supra that's all. It has become much quieter than say... 2018, when these forums were going insane.

EDIT: I also wanted to congratulate you on your website! That's really cool. I don't think I'll ever have the balls to send something like that overseas. Hope it goes well for you mate.
Sponsored

Reactions: zrk
Status
Not open for further replies.