Featured 2020 Supra (A90) Reviews Compilation!

Discussion in 'General Supra Topics' started by JT, May 12, 2019.

1. Pheonix

Pheonix Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    2016 Porsche Cayman GT4 6MT (track car), 2011 BMW 128i 6MT (daily), patiently waiting for 2020 Supra 6MT
    Liked:

D-Sport's interview with Tada. Good watch. I used to read this magazine growing up. Can't wait for Japanese tuners to get their hands on it.

2. Pheonix

Car(s):
    2016 Porsche Cayman GT4 6MT (track car), 2011 BMW 128i 6MT (daily), patiently waiting for 2020 Supra 6MT
    Liked:
    The only worthwhile British reviewers worth watching are OG Top Gear/Grand Tour guys, Henry Catchpole and Alex Goy from Carfection, and Steve Sutcliffe from Autocar/Autoexpress. Jethro Bovingdon was great when he was with Evo but now works with the garbage Motor Trend so not worth giving them clicks. Tiff Needell and Vicki Henderson from Fifth Gear are pretty much retired. But every other British reviewer (Chris Harris, Rory Reid) is trash.

F1 Silver Arrows likes this.
  3. spamthechan

spamthechan Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Justin
    Car(s):
    Toyota Prius V, Porsche Boxster
    Liked:
    justbake likes this.
  4. BRX

BRX Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Abdulla
    Car(s):
    Tundra, Celica, GT86
    Liked:
  5. spamthechan

spamthechan Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Justin
    Car(s):
    Toyota Prius V, Porsche Boxster
    Liked:
    #245 Jun 13, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
    I thought it was particularly interesting they gave the Alpine kudos for being more "special" than the Supra and then waxed poetic about the M2's "simpler structure" lol

Also love the way they've managed to make skittish handling positive sounding. "Not much traction.. Snatchier car at the limit... A bit stroppy" lol

And has anyone ever had anything but good things to say about the Rev counter, or are we done complaining about how all the BMW interior parts actually make the interior better and moving on to the non-BMW bits?

I think Top Gear has really lost the plot on what a Supra's actual character is and always has been: a comfortable, fast, highly capable and balanced GT. Seems like Top Gear really just has a bone to pick with the Supra and that's too bad.

6. justbake

justbake Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Justin
    Car(s):
    G37s, 325e
    Liked:
    Motortrend: The supra is very good at everything.
    TopGear: The supra is a one-trick pony

Seems like this guy had his narrative written out before he even reviewed the car.

BRX, Pheonix and F1 Silver Arrows like this.
  7. F1 Silver Arrows

F1 Silver Arrows Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    Mercedes F1 W07 Hybrid
    Liked:
    LMAOOOOOOOO. This is too good. :lol::lol:

8. Pheonix

Car(s):
    Liked:
    How can the Supra have less "oomph" than a M2 when it's lighter, wider, lower, stiffer, shorter and has more power? Lol what was the guy smoking that day.

BRX likes this.
  9. RyanGT3RS

RyanGT3RS Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    Red 991.2 GT3RS, M and AMG,s
    Liked:

Brits, no more, no less.....

F1 Silver Arrows likes this.
  10. kona61

kona61 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    J
    Car(s):
    2018 4Runner, 2017 Mk7 Golf, 2016 Cayman GT4, 2020 AZW Supra on Order
    Liked:
    I will say, that it does have quite a bit more power. The S55 is a very good motor in terms of power and torque (reliability and sound not so much).

However, we also have to remember they are using a Euro market Supra which likely does make less power than the U.S. even if not officially stated.

I still think that review was written by a bunch of f*ckin idiots.

Pheonix and F1 Silver Arrows like this.
  11. F1 Silver Arrows

F1 Silver Arrows Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    Mercedes F1 W07 Hybrid
    Liked:
    The majority of brits are one of the most ridiculous, one-sided, and biased species on this Earth. I love how everyone doesn't give a fuck about what they think though. Let's keep it this way and leave them behind us lol. Ollie Marriage and Chris Harris think they're the shit but it's hilarious how deluded they are.

Every single review I read is just seeping with bias, it's disgusting. I always have to take a god damn shower after my eyes read that pile of shit lmfao.

Pheonix and RyanGT3RS like this.
  12. Pheonix

Car(s):
    Liked:
    #252 Jun 13, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
    Indeed. First Chris Harris and his garbage review and now this. Seems like they are just jealous this car is out driving the current best BMW available on the market.

F1 Silver Arrows and tonyng92 like this.
  13. RyanGT3RS

Car(s):
    Liked:
    You think that’s bad take a look at what that idiot Jason Cammisa is saying on his social media about it. Sad thing is readers and the misinformed are taking it.

Don’t get me wrong, I can take criticism and negative feedback on the car (the way it drives, chassis, suspension) but to give out info that is not accurate and wrong is another.

14. Pheonix

Car(s):
    Liked:
    Got a link? What did he say? Man that sucks to hear. I stopped following Motortrend on Youtube when they decided to start begging for money to sign up for their garbage on demand channel but Camisa was one of the guys I actually respected. I hate that Jonny Liberman dude. I loved Carlos Lago but he moved to Edmunds (which still provides decent content when Lago is reviewing the car). Camisa was on a One Take with Zack Klapman and his Volkswagen and I enjoyed his commentary. I hope he didn't just pass off the Supra as a "hardtop Z4" without even driving it yet.

RyanGT3RS likes this.
  15. RyanGT3RS

Car(s):
    Liked:

Enjoy lol

It’s his latest post