2020 Supra (A90) Reviews Compilation!

Pheonix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Porsche Cayman GT4 6MT (track car), 2011 BMW 128i 6MT (daily), patiently waiting for 2020 Supra 6MT
In March this year I almost bought a M2 Competition, held of buying the BMW and bought a Toyota 86 to toy around with and track instead. I held of more so in anticipation of the new AMG 45S specs to be announced which didn't happen and hasn't official happened as yet .

However after the Supra launch it now feels like I dodged a bullet by not buying the M2 Comp and the Supra GTS has gone to the top of my list. This is due to Supra's performance and weight built on a dedicated platform.

I am really looking forward to comparison reviews between the Supra, Cayman, M2C and A110 - I have a feeling while not besting the P-Car in handling dynamics the new Supra will put up a good showing in this segment.

And agree hot versions will be coming down the track.
??? A110?
Sponsored

madweazl

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'15 Mustang GT & '13 Ram 1500 Longhorn
Vehicle Showcase
I just read that review....

Doesnā€™t the Supra redline at 7000rpm? (I think it ā€œorangelinesā€ at 6,500...?
Most of the video reviews I watched had it shifting at 6500. I'm guessing soft limit at 6500 and hard at 7k?

084runnerltd

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
08 4Runner / 99ā€™ Lexus LX470 / Deposit 2020 Supra
Vehicle Showcase
Most of the video reviews I watched had it shifting at 6500. I'm guessing soft limit at 6500 and hard at 7k?

Hmm, yet another item to test once Toyota letā€™s us get our hands on them.

F1 Silver Arrows

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mercedes F1 W07 Hybrid
If that isn't the weirdest ass review that I've ever read in terms of having a story behind the cars, y'all can call me crazy. Though I'm not surprised one bit that the Supra won the comparison.

ALSO: The Cayman understeers? Is that a TT underneath?

ALSO ALSO: Scott Evans praising a Toyota product?? The end of the world is confirmed. It was nice knowing everybody here.

Islindur

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Had:Yellow 2l Have: Red 3l
If that isn't the weirdest ass review that I've ever read in terms of having a story behind the cars, y'all can call me crazy. Though I'm not surprised one bit that the Supra won the comparison.

ALSO: The Cayman understeers? Is that a TT underneath?

ALSO ALSO: Scott Evans praising a Toyota product?? The end of the world is confirmed. It was nice knowing everybody here.
Actually...when I drove 718 hard through some corners I thoguht it understeers here and there but I thought maybe I'm crazy... maybe not after all? :D

kona61

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sold Launch Edition Supra #445
Vehicle Showcase
Actually...when I drove 718 hard through some corners I thoguht it understeers here and there but I thought maybe I'm crazy... maybe not after all? :D
It does understeer. Unless you really toss it in it does not easily oversteer.

Islindur

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Had:Yellow 2l Have: Red 3l
It does understeer. Unless you really toss it in it does not easily oversteer.
Hm... on the other hand I didnt feel understeer when I drove 987.2 so...was bit suprised, since 718 is supposed to be improved in all areas compared to older models.

Pheonix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Porsche Cayman GT4 6MT (track car), 2011 BMW 128i 6MT (daily), patiently waiting for 2020 Supra 6MT
Is that just a base 718 Cayman? Why didn't they use a GTS to make it more fair? The Supra and M2 are way faster cars than a base Cayman.
Sponsored