Featured 2020 Supra (A90) Reviews Compilation!

Discussion in 'General Supra Topics' started by JT, May 12, 2019.

1. DevonK

DevonK Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    TBD
    Liked:
  2. Goose

Goose Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Michael
    Car(s):
    2013 FRS
    Liked:
    #32 May 13, 2019
    Last edited: May 13, 2019

Doug Demuro posted his too. May have spelled his name wrong, don't often watch his vids

Edit: two best things he says "punch the driver in the face" and "cupholdery" lol

3. elpadrino

elpadrino Well-Known Member

First Name:
    eL
    Car(s):
    Lexus RC350F, bmw E92, ducati monster
    Liked:
    I was firmly in the no manual, no problem camp before these reviews came out. But based on the reviews, Tada-san has developed such a great car, it does the car a disservice to not have a manual. He told a reporter to "start a petition" when asked about the manual and i don't think he was joking. At 50k base and 55 fully loaded(i dont really care about Launch models) this is a great car!

4. MickOpalak

MickOpalak New Member

First Name:
    Mick
    Car(s):
    2016 Corvette Z06, 2008 BMW M3, 2009 BMW Z4
    Liked:
    I'm excited about the new Supra. Looks like Toyota did a great job on it and it has a lot of potential. However, I'm concerned about the value. For the price of a new Supra you could also pick up a three year old Z06 with supercar performance. I think Toyota over priced it.

5. jm6k

jm6k Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    4C
    Liked:
    Fuck, I hate this guy.

6. JustaCarguy.

JustaCarguy. Member

First Name:
    Steven
    Car(s):
    2014 WRX Hatchback
    Liked:
    In before the "how much did Toyota pay off the reviewers for positive press" comments, cause we all know it's coming.

7. supraboi

supraboi Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Vu
    Car(s):
    GS300
    Liked:
    What 86 owners and Supra owners are saying.

XtremeMaC likes this.
  8. Guff

Guff Moderator

Car(s):
    FR-S, BRZ, Supra, Mini Cooper
    Liked:
    Garage Profiles:
    Used car vs New Car argument is always gonna be in favor of a used car for value. Cayman S is $69,300 MSRP and an M2C is $58,900, so the Supra is pretty cheap in comparison. I think the real value contender here is the Camaro SS 1LE, but that's $49,500, which is only a $500 difference. The Camaro is definitely up there in terms of dynamics though. A base Corvette is $55,900, but the A90 chassis is definitely a more enjoyable experience than a base Vette. The Grand Sport is the Vette to get but that's $65,900.

Looking at the market today, this car is definitely worth the $50k it's selling for, and to be honest, I'm still surprised it's not closer to $60k. I'm very interested to see how they hold value over the next few years.

9. MickOpalak

MickOpalak New Member

First Name:
    Mick
    Car(s):
    2016 Corvette Z06, 2008 BMW M3, 2009 BMW Z4
    Liked:
    Very true. That's why I always buy 2 - 3 year old used cars.

10. OP
    OP
    JT

JT Administrator

Car(s):
    Supra
    Liked:
    Garage Profiles:
    New:

Leftlane -- A legend returns
    The Drive -- 2020 Toyota GR Supra First Drive Review: A BMW Wrapped in a Flashy Toyota Skin
    The Truth About Cars -- 2020 Toyota GR Supra First Drive – To Enjoy Properly, Ignore the Context

RyanGT3RS likes this.
  11. arexniba

arexniba Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Alex
    Car(s):
    BMW, VOLVO, ACURA, DUCATI 899
    Liked:
    If I had the time, I would love to look up some of the members posting here giving positive comments versus the hateful comments they were given during the release of the Supra :bat:

F1 Silver Arrows likes this.
  12. DevonK

DevonK Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    TBD
    Liked:
  13. spamthechan

spamthechan Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Justin
    Car(s):
    Toyota Prius V, Porsche Boxster
    Liked:
    Any idea when their embargo is? Can't wait to see Chris Harris toss this car around.

vb22, Jabba and XtremeMaC like this.
  14. BrettS

BrettS Well-Known Member

Car(s):
    2011 gti
    Liked:
    Was there any talk on what TRD plans to produce for the car, besides the concept that was already shown?

XtremeMaC likes this.
  15. ichitaka05

ichitaka05 Moderator

Car(s):
    BRZ
    Liked:
    It was the worse Supra review I've watched. I'm okay journalist hating on the car (this time is Supra), but put the legit reasons why. Why didn't they put the front tower braces? Tada-san said for aftermarket? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?!? WEREN'T YOU LISTENING TO TADA-SAN'S PRESENTATION?!?!?!?

"Toyota said these automatic transmission is almost good as DCT... well why didn't they?" Tada-san already answered that question already AND at the Supra event. At the event, I was with Tada-san most of the time asking tons of questions and DEF I didn't see him asking Tada-san questions... or maybe he did, when I was tracking the crap out of the Supra.

Seriously, I was at the event SAME TIME AS HE WAS. Yes Doug, I saw you at the corner hogging that Launch Edition Supra WHOLE TIME! (if you're reading this)

I was okay watching him once a while... til I saw him in person and now uploading false info. Now, I'm def not watching it anymore.

Guff owns both 86 AND Supra (A80), so he'll be good one to watch his review. I'll be doing mine... but work and life is getting to me, so my review will have to wait.

Sorry, I do not. I was told by Tada-san after US, he'll be flying out to Europe for their Supra event... along with Master Driver Herwig flew out there too.