2020 Supra Transmission Chat - Manual, Dual Clutch, or Auto?

What kind of transmission are you hoping for?

• Manual

Votes: 72 68.6%
  • DCT

Votes: 26 24.8%
  • Auto

Votes: 7 6.7%

• Total voters

Spilner

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
earl
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
none
Not just Tada is on PR secrecy drugs, seems anyone with inside knowledge is tight lipped, someone posted here earlier, which was quickly taken down, that some people
have seen the production car, exterior and interior, but who knows if that is true...
What did it say?
Sponsored

Prius_F_Sport

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'14 Subaru BRZ, '12 BMW M3
Yeah. I suspect some higher-ups at Toyota know what the real car will approximately look like, but they're still putting finishing touches on it under cover of camouflage.
Still, I doubt Best Car did much.
Yes, yes I would.

Jeff
I would too. People did that to 86s and even Supra MkIVs only a year or two old.

jm6k

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
cars
This is what was posted. Mods please delete if you were the ones that removed it. I left the OP username out.
F4379E9A-941D-42D7-A691-1D5041F2345E.png
I watched the video from the dealer meeting hoping they would show it, but it didn't make an appearance. Not to say it wasn't shown to the people there, it just wasn't on the video.

LEG1T

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
91' Nsx
So from the showing, can someone confirm if it was just like the bestcar render or something else?

ostatem3

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2010 M3
Vehicle Showcase
I wonder how Toyota was capable of getting BMWs in house built DCT? I bet the car is a ZF8 auto. DCT has only been in their M cars (aside from the limited IS model) and the new M5 isn't even using DCT anymore. I don't recall BMW having any series motors with hp north of 400 so we can kiss that theory good by as well.

Supraman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
^ It wouldn't surprise me. The LFA, LC500, RC-F, GS-F, IS-F are all using non DCT transmissions so if they can't get the DCT for it I'm sure Toyota is a fan of the ZF8 so no biggie for them.

Although no manual and no DCT may have some really upset.

Guff

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A80, A90, Mk1 Celica
Vehicle Showcase
I watched the video from the dealer meeting hoping they would show it, but it didn't make an appearance. Not to say it wasn't shown to the people there, it just wasn't on the video.
Where did you find said video? ;)

Patchaaron

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
IS350, corolla
I wonder how Toyota was capable of getting BMWs in house built DCT? I bet the car is a ZF8 auto. DCT has only been in their M cars (aside from the limited IS model) and the new M5 isn't even using DCT anymore. I don't recall BMW having any series motors with hp north of 400 so we can kiss that theory good by as well.
your e92 came with 414...