2022 Model Year Toyota GR Supra

Multiple Choice: What changes are you expecting or would like to see for 2022?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DatBassTho

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ram 1500
Supply chain issues have hit some brands and models for sure. I know some automotive lines are slowing or down due to supply and logistic issues. Ford pick up trucks comes to mind. Is the Supra line delayed or down due to parts delays also? I did not hear anything about it.
Theres been a silicon shortage for months beyond just automotive. Everyone else has been open about the issue. I havent read Toyota/BMW be upfront with that yet.
Sponsored

autopc25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
push cart
Do you guys think there will be better incentives/pricing in May or October? I've never bought a Toyota before. Are there times of the year that they typically offer big incentives? Is the current $1500 cash back as good as it gets?
Nothing is typical with covid and it's effect on the economy. Like anything else it's supply and demand. I think there were up to $4K in incentives on some left over 2020 Supras last year. There might be some additional incentives later in the year on left over 2021s when the 2022 models are out. I would guess more incentives and or special financing rates if the 2022 is improved and 2021s are still on lots. Probably makes sense to wait a little bit to see if there are any improvements with the 2022 at this point. There are plenty of 2021s so you can still grab one if you don't think a 2022 is worth it.

autopc25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
push cart
I'm quite surprised we haven't heard anything at all. If Toyota is looking for another summer release they are reeeally cutting it close.
At this point, unless someone really needs a car to drive, it makes sense to wait for 2022 news. Like everyone else, I am wondering if there are any changes. It would be nice to see a new wheel design or color choices for 2022. Any information on the 2021 oil consumption issue would be welcomed also.

How many people are waiting to hear more about the oil consumption issue before committing?

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
At this point, unless someone really needs a car to drive, it makes sense to wait for 2022 news. Like everyone else, I am wondering if there are any changes. It would be nice to see a new wheel design or color choices for 2022. Any information on the 2021 oil consumption issue would be welcomed also.

How many people are waiting to hear more about the oil consumption issue before committing?
I'm honestly surprised we haven't heard anything yet. Last year the A91 was introduced in February. I'm thinking there won't be much to talk about. Maybe a color and that's it.

VA90

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Dang. I could only get Koons Westminster down to $52.5k. Where did you buy from?
Koons is pretty bad in general. Or at least Tyson's was. As of October last year they were, AFAIK, the only dealer in the DMV totally unwilling to budge off of MSRP AND trying get $70K for an A91. :crazy:I got mine from Jerry's outside of Baltimore for something like $5K less than Koons, maybe more.

LoveToCamp

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Dang. I could only get Koons Westminster down to $52.5k. Where did you buy from?
Koons Westminster sold me a 3.0 Premium for $49500 OTD. 2020, last August as the 21s were coming in September. But they were tired of negotiating with me for 6 hours. They got pissed off at the end when I forgot my military discount and it came down even further ?

Jackyl tm

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Edition, C230, Mazda Protege
So I saw the specs on the new supra, performance wise it is the same as the 21 model. Looks the same as well. Not sure if it will have any special editions or anything. I work at Toyota and read the official internal release information. Surprised they aren't making any noticeable changes.

H2O_Doc

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M240i, Wrangler, MB GLA 250
So I saw the specs on the new supra, performance wise it is the same as the 21 model. Looks the same as well. Not sure if it will have any special editions or anything. I work at Toyota and read the official internal release information. Surprised they aren't making any noticeable changes.
People are going to have opinions on this! Prepare for what could be an interesting thread.

And thanks for posting.

Jackyl tm

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Edition, C230, Mazda Protege
People are going to have opinions on this! Prepare for what could be an interesting thread.

And thanks for posting.
Of course. I don't have much more information other than that. My boss saw the information Fri and knew I was going to get one Saturday and so I compared to see if I should just get the 22 instead.

Jeonsa

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
N/A
Any idea on the reveal date? I’m assuming it must be soon

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
Can someone from Toyota please scan the 2022 specs? It doesn’t make sense that they would leave the car untouched for 2022.

-RJM

Twundy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
uwgtb.com
Car(s)
Land Cruiser 200 Series, '21 Supra
?

Andrew4Supra

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 / 2018 Mercedes GLC43 / 2016 VW GTI
It doesn’t make sense that they would leave the car untouched for 2022.
~ I agree... there has to be some small changes to the 2022. Improvements somewhere, exterior or interior color changes, etc. Perhaps they are not significant enough to publish just yet.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.