Sponsored

Supra Cat

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3.0, 4Runner, Mustang GT/CS, NA Miata
Hmm, it's a hard "no" for me. I don't care if it's faster than a Porsche GT3 and handles like a Lotus... it looks like the unwanted love child of a Chevy Cavalier and a Chrysler 200. :confused:

Integra reveal.jpg

Front.jpg

Rear.jpg

Last edited:

RD12317

First Name
Ren
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Supra
I was willing to give it a shot, but damn Honda really missed the opportunity here. Make more mini vans and sedans. Don’t get peoples hopes up that you would make a coupe with teasers and present a plate of civic type r with “shit” and $10k mark up that means nothing.

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
Total let down. lol I doubt that thing is 400hp+. Haha ?

Integra being released as a 4 door sedan. Come on. Fml ?‍♂ I know the original integra had a sedan too but as a the return of the integra, I think they should of started with a sports coupe or hatchback. This car looks plain Jane.

Thraxbert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3L, boosted 3.8L Gen Coupe, '93 Jimny
The new Integra: the embodiment of lazy and cynical marketing people empowered to exploit a legendary brand as a shortcut to make money. Everyone involved should be sent to the bread line. This is a Honda Civic with a body kit. It is not technically, visually, or spiritually related to the Integra we intuitively remember. This is a deeply disappointing and shallow trend in automotive marketing to take the look/feel/soul/identity of a brand and hollow it out with an unrelated product.

I do marketing for a living, and it incenses me to see my profession so shallowly misused. Brands (should) stand for something: a feeling, a visual identity, a recipe, a unique feature, a moment in time, a soul. Good brand stewardship should respect and embrace that the story arc or a well-managed brand always evokes a particular feeling or mental image. And that stewardship should have the dignity not to exploit our visceral reaction, that immediate feeling or mental image, as a shortcut for attention or recognition of an unrelated good. Good brand stewardship respects the person and respects the history. This? This is just cowardly and cheap.

It so thoroughly rubs me the wrong way when marketers just use a marque and a history, signifying a specific formula, as a shortcut. It cheapens and debases the whole program, and worse yet it actually accomplishes nothing productive. People who "don't know cars" don't recognize the name, and people who do recognize cars--the influential people that can champion your brand and work--are insulted and disgusted. All that shrewd laziness just yields anger that you must now spend precious time and money riposting. It's budget and headcount squandered on crisis communication...

What idiot thinks this is a good idea? God dammit.

CSUfiend

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
I am not sure what people's expectations were/are of this car, but I think this car is the true successor to my Civic FK7.

I find the current gen Civic to be boring compared to the 10th gen. To me, this car is the true successor to that car, and the current Civic is a Civic trying to be a Toyota Corolla. Styling isn't as daring as that previous gen car, but its better than the current one by a longshot.

Taking it for what it is, I like it. And the Fk7 was my first ever Honda/Acura product. So at least they are doing something to attract people who previously didn't have an interest in these cars:dunno:

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
Well they got the color right... and that's about all IMO. If I was determined to get a Honda product... I'd definitely pick the Civic Type-R (or for that matter just an SI) over this. :rolleyes:
Sponsored