GRSupraPR

GRSupraPR

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra 2023, Tacoma TRD PRO 2022
Totally unrelated but 38 2023 Supras were fitted with the wrong wheel bolt locks. Now recall includes new bolts, wheel axle hub and oem wheels. Ridiculous. Toyota surprises me less and less each time. Sorry about your issues. Your clutch should be replaced no question asked.
I agree 100% Thanks
Sponsored

OP
OP
GRSupraPR

GRSupraPR

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Apparently X Clutch is working on a replacement. My (BMW) performance shop called yesterday while I was there getting some work done. Hopefully a much better solution than stock. I’m also concerned with how much power to add until a solution exists.
💪💪💪

6SPDA91

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Silverado, S1000R, A91-MT
In one of the rags, there are some details about how Toyota developed the clutch with ZF (or probably more accurately, the other way around). https://www.motorweek.org/reviews/first_impressions/2023-toyota-gr-supra-mt

According to Toyota, the 6-speed ZF transmission was adapted from an existing unit.

But, I gather that its not shared with any BMW.

I literally just got my car 2 days ago and intend to track it heavily. I do not want clutch issues on the track.
I plan on doing track days as well. Hopefully we don't see issues but who knows. Worst case, if problems start, guess I could buy a gt350r

dethred

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Edition, Lotus Elise SC, (x2)Honda S2000
A lawyer will make some good threats on your behalf. Or have the job done and don't pay them for it. Then when they come for the money just point to the warranty. Then have your lawyer make some threats. Either way fuck Toyota, another reason I'm ditching this platform after one more track season.

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91-MT, Camry, FJ Cruiser, 4Runner, MR2
Totally unrelated but 38 2023 Supras were fitted with the wrong wheel bolt locks. Now recall includes new bolts, wheel axle hub and oem wheels. Ridiculous. Toyota surprises me less and less each time. Sorry about your issues. Your clutch should be replaced no question asked.
Where have you seen this? I cant find anything about any recall for 2023 Supra, let alone one specifically about incorrect wheel locks being installed.

Davedaveee

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra GR Premium 3.0
Where have you seen this? I cant find anything about any recall for 2023 Supra, let alone one specifically about incorrect wheel locks being installed.
Sorry I meant to mention this is in Canada, like how do they mess up this bad and put the wrong wheel lock bolts? Of course mine is affected.

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91-MT, Camry, FJ Cruiser, 4Runner, MR2
Sorry I meant to mention this is in Canada, like how do they mess up this bad and put the wrong wheel lock bolts? Of course mine is affected.
Interesting that it only happened to ones in Canada. I wonder if that was the fault of a distribution center and not Toyota or factory personnel directly.
Similar things happen to certain Toyota models sold in the states to the South East Toyota region and Gulf States Toyota region, as those two regions have unique trim packages and accessories the rest of the country do not get, they also get unique recalls on those unique packages and accessories. I wonder if a similar situation happened with whoever installs the wheel locks for Canadian market cars.

Rob901

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 STi, '23 A90-MT
Sort of like putting the wrong head gasket on when putting the motor together

OP
OP
GRSupraPR

GRSupraPR

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A lawyer will make some good threats on your behalf. Or have the job done and don't pay them for it. Then when they come for the money just point to the warranty. Then have your lawyer make some threats. Either way fuck Toyota, another reason I'm ditching this platform after one more track season.
This days social media crying is more efective and cheaper… 😂😂😂😂

6SPDA91

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Silverado, S1000R, A91-MT
Part of me is wondering if the issue is more isolated to cars in PR. Beside @NitroYellowMKV all of the US issues seem to be self-inflicted.

@kingdooksdb has been tuned for months and beside that one short stint of bad luck, hasn't seen any issues that have come up on the forum. At least that I'm aware of.

kingdooksdb

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra
Part of me is wondering if the issue is more isolated to cars in PR. Beside @NitroYellowMKV all of the US issues seem to be self-inflicted.

@kingdooksdb has been tuned for months and beside that one short stint of bad luck, hasn't seen any issues that have come up on the forum. At least that I'm aware of.
I had a limp mode issue but we tuning and opening her up so we goooood

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Late to this conversation..
I see people saying to upgrade, etc. That's cool and all... but a stock clutch on a stock car should not need to be upgraded. This is horrible and I feel badly for the owners dealing with this. You can't tell me Toyota didn't put more than 10k miles on their test mules.