Airbag error lights/warnings easy coding!

xplizitremix

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 A91, 2018 FK8
Getting this, flashing seat belt light

I scanned the car again and now got errors for cluster lol
This is never ending
Although this light flashes it’s less annoying then the driver restraint

IMG_4241.jpeg
Sponsored

718_2T

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Absolute Zero, 2017 718 Cayman White
Getting this, flashing seat belt light

I scanned the car again and now got errors for cluster lol
This is never ending
Although this light flashes it’s less annoying then the driver restraint

IMG_4241.jpeg
I'll check this weekend and see what I did. Currently I drive with the light flashing.

Also, After you have it plugged in, Try turning GurtKontact back on.

xplizitremix

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 A91, 2018 FK8
I'll check this weekend and see what I did. Currently I drive with the light flashing.

Also, After you have it plugged in, Try turning GurtKontact back on.
oh your seatbelt light was also flashing? I put a sticker over it for now but are you going to try turning gurtkontact back on ?

718_2T

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Absolute Zero, 2017 718 Cayman White
oh your seatbelt light was also flashing? I put a sticker over it for now but are you going to try turning gurtkontact back on ?
I was just checking if that would remove your error when plugging it back in. But yeah, I've had the light flashing for over a year, but no major errors codes from memory.

Didn't bother me much, so I didn't look into a further coding solution.

xkenx1995

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra
Yea, I bought one just for this. Next thing I am looking for is a way to disable the EDC stuff so the cancellers won't be needed
By chance, did you figure this out? This would be an absolute game changer.

xplizitremix

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 A91, 2018 FK8
I was just checking if that would remove your error when plugging it back in. But yeah, I've had the light flashing for over a year, but no major errors codes from memory.

Didn't bother me much, so I didn't look into a further coding solution.
Does your cruise control not work too? 😂😂

rwense

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Nitro Yellow A90 Supra, 10 Honda Fit Sport 5spd
Does your cruise control not work too? 😂😂
Mine does, when you disconnected the oem seat from the harness coming from the floor did you pop out the specific 2 pin connector for the seatbelt receptical? If you connect those then cruise control will work. At that point you'll just get the "Driver restraint error" and everything should work as usual.

AndyK5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Nitro Yellow MT
So you can't code out the airbags anymore?

I literally bought BimmerCode and then BimmerLink and now Protool. Just wondering why there is a need to buy 3 apps which all do basically ECU code out things..I bet ya EDC cancellation will require its own app priced at $129 and will only run on a 2004 Motorola Razr.

AndyK5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Nitro Yellow MT
Here is my experience, feel free to add to the top post.

TLDR: Works exactly as described on post #1 on a 2023 Prem MT. The only exception is becore selection 3000 I let the tool “merge” the “files”. ot sure what they are but skipped a step in there. This though took me 5 hours to complete, here is why. Mostly pro tool connections relates.

If you have a recent 64 bit Android device and their own bluetooth adapter and plug seat belt connector properly this should take you 20 minutes.

If you are using ethernet cable , read below or suffer.

1) Can’t identify vehicle error: Pro tools only works with their own obd2 bluetooth adapter not others

2) Can’t identify vehicle error: If using ethernet cable, your android device needs to be OTG capable

3) Protools don’t run: Pro tools needs 64 bit Android so emulators in general are out.

4)Can’t save ethernet config: If using ethernet you must open user guide and find special instructions to configure it, special instructions are wrong, static Ip DNS is not 0.0.0.0, default gateway is not 0.0.0.0. I used 8.8.8.8 and 164.259.1.1 or you can’t save the config, Android op won’t allow you.

5) Can’t detect vehicle: If using ethernet, you probably need to tirn on ethernet tethering, I had to (not in the instructions).

6) Seatbelt error does not clear: Check orientation of the seat buckle connector to yellow connector. It can go both ways but pins are only on one side.

OP
OP
razorlab

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Here is my experience, feel free to add to the top post.

TLDR: Works exactly as described on post #1 on a 2023 Prem MT. The only exception is becore selection 3000 I let the tool “merge” the “files”. ot sure what they are but skipped a step in there. This though took me 5 hours to complete, here is why. Mostly pro tool connections relates.

If you have a recent 64 bit Android device and their own bluetooth adapter and plug seat belt connector properly this should take you 20 minutes.

If you are using ethernet cable , read below or suffer.

1) Can’t identify vehicle error: Pro tools only works with their own obd2 bluetooth adapter not others

2) Can’t identify vehicle error: If using ethernet cable, your android device needs to be OTG capable

3) Protools don’t run: Pro tools needs 64 bit Android so emulators in general are out.

4)Can’t save ethernet config: If using ethernet you must open user guide and find special instructions to configure it, special instructions are wrong, static Ip DNS is not 0.0.0.0, default gateway is not 0.0.0.0. I used 8.8.8.8 and 164.259.1.1 or you can’t save the config, Android op won’t allow you.

5) Can’t detect vehicle: If using ethernet, you probably need to tirn on ethernet tethering, I had to (not in the instructions).

6) Seatbelt error does not clear: Check orientation of the seat buckle connector to yellow connector. It can go both ways but pins are only on one side.
I use protools with a non protool BT adapter.

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Revisiting this. Reinstalled OEM seat. Everything plugged in nicely. I am NOW getting the restraint system error.
Attempted to clear error code with pro tools. Unsuccessful.
You must go back into the coding and re-enable the airbag.
Then you will be good to go.👍🏻🤘🏼

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Revisiting this. Reinstalled OEM seat. Everything plugged in nicely. I am NOW getting the restraint system error.
Attempted to clear error code with pro tools. Unsuccessful.
You must go back into the coding and re-enable the airbag.
Then you will be good to go.👍🏻🤘🏼
Mega helpful! When your race seat was in, was the airbag error just a light on the dash? My hope is it’s like the CEL on my dash with the cat delete. Just a light. Computer/dash works fine. No errors on the screen.
Sponsored