static63

static63

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 A91 edition
Planning to do this kind of set up as well. When tapping into the oem sub speaker wires to connect to the lc2i pro, do I need to unplug the oem subs or leave them connected it from there on?
You can leave them connected. They will still play normally with the LC2i Pro connected to them.
Sponsored

METAL

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium (Tungsten Silver)
I am always hesitant about popping out plastic panels on the interior for fear of breaking something. Is there any magic to taking off the lower side panels to access the factory amp, and fuse block?
Watch the oemaudio+ install video and you'll see those side panels come out very easily.

Bigherb77

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra GR
You can leave them connected. They will still play normally with the LC2i Pro connected to them.
thoughts on swapping the stock subs out for 8” 3 ways to act as more mid bass?? Planning on adding a 10” sub, amp in mine and I’m curious as I have gear sitting

Sam B

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
thoughts on swapping the stock subs out for 8” 3 ways to act as more mid bass?? Planning on adding a 10” sub, amp in mine and I’m curious as I have gear sitting
I’m not sure you will be happy installing 8” directly in there place. I’m working on the same thing right now. I’m using Steven audio mb8 8” mid bass for there and building a small enclosure on top of the existing one. Only need .3 cubes.
Then a 10” sub in back corner
D0373DA9-1E9F-4D59-9149-C564E6B7335A.jpeg

OP
OP
static63

static63

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 A91 edition
Without modifying the stock sub box like Sam is talking about it will be pretty hard to swap out to a traditional 8” sub. It’s just due to the shape and depth of the stock enclosure.

METAL

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
Better off building an enclosure on top to accommodate 3 speakers, 2 for mid bass and one for sub.

Bigherb77

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra GR
I’m not sure you will be happy installing 8” directly in there place. I’m working on the same thing right now. I’m using Steven audio mb8 8” mid bass for there and building a small enclosure on top of the existing one. Only need .3 cubes.
Then a 10” sub in back corner
D0373DA9-1E9F-4D59-9149-C564E6B7335A.jpeg
How are you attaching the new enclosure to the factory one? What’s easiest way to add the amp? Pre amp harness or something like a Mobridge preamp? Just curious

METAL

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
How are you attaching the new enclosure to the factory one? What’s easiest way to add the amp? Pre amp harness or something like a Mobridge preamp? Just curious
Mobridge will require a dsp/amp installed as well. If your looking to not change out the factory amp just buy a LOC for your sub signal.

Sam B

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
metal is the guy to ask about that. He just got done doing the most intense Supra audio build your date. That I’m aware of
You should look at the sdmi25 for integrating

as for attaching it. I’m not sure yet. Prob a couple rivnuts though.

Juanito08

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
fuse box.jpg

I used this video to help me remove the fuse box and find the wire I needed which ended up being a green/blue wire for the input wire into my relay:

Here is how I wired the relay:

87- Output to the LOC (this goes into the remote in port on the LC2i)
30- 12v constant (this went to my distribution block pictured earlier)
86- This goes to the green/blue wire that is from the fuse box
85- Ground
Been looking for this info for a while! Does this make it so that the 12v comes one only when the car is turned on and turns off when the car is off, just like the video? What kind of relay do I need? Just a generic one? And what's the best way to tap into the green/blue wire? Would just a Posi-tap work?

Last edited:
OP
OP
static63

static63

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 A91 edition
Been looking for this info for a while! Does this make it so that the 12v comes one only when the car is turned on and turns off when the car is off, just like the video? What kind of relay do I need? Just a generic one? And what's the best way to tap into the green/blue wire? Would just a Posi-tap work?
It does make it so it comes on and off with the ignition. Use a basic 5 pin relay. I typically strip the oem wire and solder and tape in my connections. Taps work. It really is just personal preference not right or wrong.

OP
OP
static63

static63

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 A91 edition

Juanito08

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra

Smitty

First Name
Damian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra GR
I am currently doing the same thing as far as putting a LOC (Kicker 46KISLOC2) in the wifes 2021 Supra GR and what a nightmare. So my question is do you need a relay into tap into the fuse panel or can I just tap in with the remote wire from the LOC. The Kicker 46KISLOC2 remote wire is the signal (remote) and power to the amp. I'm not understanding the relay unless its just for safety purposes. Another question which color wires did you use on the relay to tap into the fuse panel? Some further instruction on using a relay like you said and the video but what goes to what?

OP
OP
static63

static63

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 A91 edition
I am currently doing the same thing as far as putting a LOC (Kicker 46KISLOC2) in the wifes 2021 Supra GR and what a nightmare. So my question is do you need a relay into tap into the fuse panel or can I just tap in with the remote wire from the LOC. The Kicker 46KISLOC2 remote wire is the signal (remote) and power to the amp. I'm not understanding the relay unless its just for safety purposes. Another question which color wires did you use on the relay to tap into the fuse panel? Some further instruction on using a relay like you said and the video but what goes to what?
The relay is so you aren't drawing anything away from the circuit that the OEM wire is operating. You are essentially using the voltage or ground input to "trigger" the relay without affecting that circuit.

Do not pay attention to wire colors on the pigtail of the wire because some relay pigtails can use different colors for different pins. Pay attention to the numbers on the relay and wire those accordingly:

87- Output to the LOC (this goes into the remote in port on the LC2i or in your case, the remote wire to the kicker)
30- 12v constant (this went to my distribution block pictured earlier)
86- This goes to the green/blue wire that is from the fuse box
85- Ground

Hopefully this helps.
Sponsored