Any 2.0 Owners do the NASA Track Day?

DesertSupra2.0

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra 2.0 21 Camry TRD 18 RX350 19 Outback
Hi just bought a 2022 red 2.0 and I was wondering if any 2.0 owners did the NASA track day? If you did, how did the car do (e.g., any issues with brake fade, going in limp mode, tire issues, or anything else)? Thanks in advance for sharing your experiences!
Sponsored

RenRed2

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 BMW M240i / 23 BMW M2
OP
OP
DesertSupra2.0

DesertSupra2.0

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra 2.0 21 Camry TRD 18 RX350 19 Outback
Thanks for the response RenRed2.

I should have been more precise in my question: I was wondering how the *stock* 2.0 performs at the NASA HPDE track day that comes with the car.

jgardner150

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
I was paired with a 2.0 at my free NASA day at Mid-Ohio last May (Lead-Follow format with the instructor car in front of both of us). It was stock and kept up just fine, no issues that I was aware of. The driver seemed to have a great time. None of the cars including the 3.0's had any issues the whole day. I'd say it's worth it, especially to try for free...

I suspect the cars that are heavily tuned (without proper supporting mods) are the only ones that would have a bad day... mostly from going into limp mode...

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Hi just bought a 2022 red 2.0 and I was wondering if any 2.0 owners did the NASA track day? If you did, how did the car do (e.g., any issues with brake fade, going in limp mode, tire issues, or anything else)? Thanks in advance for sharing your experiences!
The car should have absolutely no problems at NASA track day. I'd expect to have an absolute blast. I'd argue that most 2.0 amatures will do about as well as 3.0 amatures. The 2.0 is light, and handles really well. I see no reason not to give it a go and have some fun.

SupraMKV2.0

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twinskrulldesign.com
Car(s)
2023 M550i, 2023 M340i, 2021 Supra
You may experience a little brake fade during the track day. It depends how hard you’re pushing the car and what track you're on. If you're looking for a little peace of mind, then swap out the front brake pads to something a little more aggressive as well as a better brake fluid.

If you do plan on tracking your car a little more frequently, then you'll want to dump the OEM single piston brakes and upgrade to a better front brake system. The OEM single piston brakes just aren't designed for that type of duty.

The OEM Michelin Pilot Sports performed excellent on track...especially when a little heat gets into them.

Traxion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Can someone or @jgardner150 (since you've done it) explain the exact process of getting registered and signed up with the HPDE? From what I've gathered the dealership you purchase from is supposed to register the buyer with NASA and then we receive something in the mail and we go to a website to set it up.

I purchased end of Sept and haven't gotten anything and emailed my salesperson about it and they said they were not familiar with the offer. I linked them the Toyota Supra sites that mention it. He said he'd follow up with management and get back to me. I was hoping to get some clarity on the exact process.

SupraMKV2.0

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twinskrulldesign.com
Car(s)
2023 M550i, 2023 M340i, 2021 Supra
Can someone or @jgardner150 (since you've done it) explain the exact process of getting registered and signed up with the HPDE? From what I've gathered the dealership you purchase from is supposed to register the buyer with NASA and then we receive something in the mail and we go to a website to set it up.

I purchased end of Sept and haven't gotten anything and emailed my salesperson about it and they said they were not familiar with the offer. I linked them the Toyota Supra sites that mention it. He said he'd follow up with management and get back to me. I was hoping to get some clarity on the exact process.

It does take a few months before you receive your packet in the mail (At least it did with me). You'll receive a folder with your sign-in information. You'll then go to the website and fill out the form and pick your preferred track to do the track-day. Once all of the information has been submitted, you'll start receiving emails with confirmations and additional information.

The track you choose isn't necessarily the track you will be going to. It depends on the availability and attendance. I ended up driving a couple hundred miles in order to attend my event. Try sending an email to the following;

[email protected]

or

[email protected]

j0GFVc2.jpg

Vicious

First Name
Thad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra
I used my 2.0 at Circuit of the America's this year. I had no issues the whole entire day and I would say the straights is the only areas the 3.0's walked from me. But I was also in a beginner class that had never had a track day before.

We were in a 4 pack of cars. 3 of them 3.0's including the instructor. We had 3 outings on the track spending about 25-20 min each time out there. It was July in Texas with well over 100 degrees and no cars had any issues from heat or brakes. I will say the final outing of the day was when we went as fast as we could (within your own technical level and how brave you were), while still staying behind the instructor's car and him giving notes as you went along.

Honestly i cant recommend it enough, it really shows you the sport in these cars and give you a good idea of how far you can push them safely.

Probaholic1

First Name
Frankie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 2.0, 2015 Fiesta ST, 2005 Audi A4b6 2.7
Ran mine stock except for exhaust. It performed well. Instructor absolutely loved the car because he was able to push it harder than the 3.0